Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
on July 3, 2016
I was pretty disappointed when I first hooked these up to my receiver to test them. They sounded terrible. Then I checked my wiring and realized that I had the polarity reversed to the terminals. Corrected that and they sound incredible! They also seem to have more bass when they are buried. I use chrome cast audio and I can control the volume of these outside so long as I have a wifi signal. I did end up painting one a tan color with rustoleum paint for plastic so that it fit in right next to our house.
on October 27, 2016
These were a neat and relatively inexpensive way to get a fairly robust sound in the backyard. I partially buried them and then routed some burial grade electrical cable over to the house, where they were passed through a drilled hole in the concrete wall. The hole was sealed with PU and the cable was connected to my 20-year old Sony receiver on the other side. Using Yahtze on my Android phone, I control a Kodi server on a Linux laptop which plays my local music library through the speakers. I am pleased with the performance. Compared to an "under the patio eaves" solution, which is what most people do, the sound seems fuller... perhaps more "lows/mids" captured as opposed to a higher frequency sound you get from the smaller, wall mounted units (not to say that one system is better than the other). I am no expert, but that is my impression. At any rate, you can definitely blast it if you want to. The bass is adequate for my needs. My opinion is that the depth and quality of sound is definitely as good as can be expected for the price.

One word of caution: I screwed one speaker up by putting it too close to a sprinkler. It got flooded. I bought a replacement and covered the guilty sprinkler a deflector. The system has now been operating flawlessly after several months of south Florida rain...so far, so good.
on June 22, 2017
I wanted to get a speaker that I could keep around my pool and could also hear in the rest of my back yard. I didn't want to go the bluetooth route as it seems the sound they produce is not the best, or you really have to pay for it. So far I have been very impressed by this speaker and the sound that it produces. So much so that I wonder if I need a second one, as I originally thought (the wiring becomes much more tricky at that point). Next I will be burying this so that only the speaker and top is visible near my plants.

For others thinking about this, my setup currently is that I have this wired to a 2 zone receiver that I have in my basement with a 100 foot 14 gauge speaker wire. I control this using a Chromecast audio so as long as the receiver is on I have no issues. Other than burying the speaker, next I am going to get enough 3/4 inch PVC to run the wire through so that it is protected from weather and also from any animals or digging that I may do.
on July 4, 2015
Remove the Bose from your shopping cart and buy these instead. A fraction of the price and they sound great. I have 4 of these and they have lasted over a year and still sound amazing. I spray painted mine to better fit in with my pool area. The sound is just as good as other speakers that are 5X the cost. I've been very please and the best part is if something should happen to one of them they are replaceable at a price that doesn't break the bank.

Highly recommend these.
on September 1, 2016
Bought these to put outside in my pool area and supplement some patio speakers I already had in the area. I am using this amp, Audio Source AMP100VS 2 Channel Amplifier also bought on Amazon, to power them should be 50w per channel. The speakers sound very good I am very impressed with their performance especially in an outdoor space they are perfect for what I was looking to do, an even distribution of sound in all areas at moderate levels so you could still comfortably talk and listen to music at the same time. they are also a great value. Would most definitely buy them again.
on June 9, 2011
This is an aweome outdoor speaker. In fact I have two of them positioned around my back patio for just over a year now. 360 degrees of sound in my backyard sound unbelievable! I hooked them up to 'zone two' on my home TV receiver and I have gotten unbelievable results. The environment they have helped to create is very enjoyable. Family and friends comments on them all the time....
I did have one problem with one of the speakers but TIC stood behind their product without question. Their customer service is second to none. I had a new speaker sent to me within a few days.
Please make sure to buy directly from TIC either from their website or here on amazon as there are apparently some knock offs floating around that are look alikes but not sound alikes. Buyer beware.
If you have any questions about installation or set up or hook up all you have to do is call TICs tech support. I have called a couple of times and have found them to be nothing but courteous and helpful.
A huge thank you to TIC for making such a great product so affordable! I would buy again and again.
on June 28, 2013
To start off I researched outdoor speakers for several months. My dad was having a pool put in and wanted me to come up with a sound system. I had purchased several outdoor speakers in the past and felt they were all lacking. Many reviews of wireless speakers were terrible and stated that the reciever needed to be in close proximity for better results. This was not going to be an option as I did not want a reciever out in the elements. There are several youtube videos on these speakers and all showed that the sound produced was clear and could be loud if needed. Also if any of you have been to Disney World and payed attention to the flower beds surrounding the parks these are the very same speakers used.

Package arrived rather quick and they came as stated in description. They were larger then I expected and I may have gone with the 6 1/2 size speakers if I had known about it. Install was quick and painless. Personally I had purchased the TIC exterior reciever to complement these. This was a waste of money as it only came with connections for (2) speakers and I had purchased (4). I ended up hooking these to an older book shelf stereo that had surround sound settings. If you are thinking about these speakers you may want to consider this method as the stereo already had a 3 disk CD, tape, and aux hookups for an IPod or other mp3. No need to purchase a new one as many pawn shops carry a large selection of these book shelve stereos.

All in all this setup is what I was looking for. It is extremely clear and can be played as loud as you desire. The 8" speakers also put out a suprising amount of bass with them.
on August 22, 2016
This is an amazing speaker! This is my second TIC GS-3 that I've added to my outdoor sound system. I also have the TIC sub-woofer and two smaller satellite TIC speakers. I've had these speakers for a couple of years now. Considering we live on the banks of a salt water river there have been no issues with the speakers. I would recommend them to anyone considering an outdoor speaker system!!
on May 13, 2017
I was skeptical about these speakers until I read the other reviews and I am so glad I got them! I ordered one at first, but quickly ordered a second one to balance out my patio. I mounted these in 1/2 whiskey barrels due to construction issues and still have amazing sound range. I bought a dedicated bluetooth stereo receiver to power these and enjoy evenings on the patio listening to Spotify channels. I've had this set up a couple weeks now and couldn't be happier!
on July 21, 2015
These replaced the original United Artists version which were installed prior to 2006. Installation was easy and they sound great in the yard. They look very durable and blend in with a height of about 5" above ground. One tip for a long life, check to make sure the foam is intact every quarter. If it's not, replace it.