Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Seperation Work Wax 2.65 oz.
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

on November 30, 2015
This is a great product combines a decent hold with a natural finish. I will go over the hold, smell, and finally washability.

This stuff has a far superior hold to the previous product I was using (Paul Mitchell). It isn't a hold that will hold through a hurricane but for my needs it will suffice.

The smell of this stuff is amazing! It smells like a pine woodsy scent. I wish it were stronger so I could use it as a cologne!

Finally the washability of this stuff is not so great. It washes out of my hair fine with a rinse in the shower. Getting it off your hands on the other hand is a whole other matter. You have to use soap to wash it off your hands which can be a pain when soap isn't available.

In conclusion I will still give this product 5 stars because I have found no product that is superior to it.

P.S
Below I posted a photo. All I used was the product and a little bit of hairspray. I put it in place with a normal comb.
on June 28, 2012
I'm just your average middle class father/husband, but who's had major hair product experience (Thanks to an aunt that worked at Sally's Beauty and a sister who's a professional stylist/esthetician!) and knows what he wants in a hair product. And that is:

- MATTE FINISH! This has to be the most important. I want my hair to look natural, but maybe even give it that flat iron look without having to straighten it. There are many that claim to have a matte finish, but very few are true matte.

- NO CRUNCH! Nothing says "I haven't moved past 90's fashion" more than wearing socks with shorts....oh and hard, crunchy hair!! Probably plastered with L.A. Looks gel, and maybe topped off with some Aqua Net.

- LASTING HOLD! I know it's hard to ask for a lasting hold from a non-gel product, but it CAN be done people. This product is proof. It lasts alllllll day. I put this stuff on at about 7:00AM every morning and my hair keeps its shape until I go to bed. Granted I only wash my hair with shampoo on Saturdays...that might help too I guess.

- CHEAP! Ok so this product doesn't get 5 stars for price, but it's not as expensive as others I've tried and as of right now (06/28/12) on Amazon its under $15. That's a price I can justify not spending on my daughter or wife. And last, but not least...

- DOESN'T SMELL LIKE A DOUCHEBAG! Yeah. Back in 2010, I was economically forced to purchase....an AXE product! Ewwww, I know. I know. I cringe just saying that name. But I got the "messy look" paste and it actually wasn't THAT bad. It's biggest flaw was one that should've been an obvious one: it reeked of butt and douchiness. This TIGI one actually smells pretty darn good.

In conclusion, I've finally found my savoir in hair products. TIGI Bedhead Matte Separation Wax. This just replaced Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Cream for the #1 spot. CHI Matte Wax comes in at #3, but I heard they're discontinuing this if they haven't already. #4 Is surprisingly Garnier Fructis Pliable Clay. This had a short stint in '09 and is no longer available, but man this stuff was just as good as PM's and was only like $4. Sadly, they just stopped making it. ' Axe, Suave, American Crew, Woody's, Matrix, Joico, Got2b? Don't waste your time, or money.

So yeah. Buy this.

2015 UPDATE ---------------------
Wrote this 3 years and I'm happy to say I still use this stuff. STILL have yet to find anything better. I also just received my first new brown container and I'm also happy to report that I STILL love it. Maybe need a little more than I used to, but it still smells great, holds great, and is definitely still matte. So yeah. Buy this.
review image review image review image
2121 comments| 318 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2015
Does not work in my hair
review image
11 comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2015
This packaging picture is not accurate. See the photo I am attaching for an accurate representation. That said, it's the same great product. I tried hundreds of different creams, gels, pomades, clays, mattes, etc. This one is the keeper for me!!!
on June 10, 2016
Coming from American Crew Fiber, this product is hands down way better. I have course and wavy hair that is b**** to tame. But TIGI's workable wax, pimp slaps my hair into style. The smell is pleasant and rather light. It holds its moisture well. Right out of the shower, or after sleeping, it works flawlessly. A little goes a long way. This little tuna can sized container easily lasts me a month of daily use. It holds my hair in wavy spikes through a 10 hour shift at work. Not too greasy and not matte. Try it, you wont be disappointed. Pics are before and after
review image review image
on March 31, 2016
I've purchased this wax on two separate occasions, so I guess you could say I like the product.

I have long, thick Asian hair that I push up in a side part, and I need the hair to stay that way all day for work-->gym-->out with friends. This wax does a great job. Take two fingers, dip it in the wax, rub it on the hands and smooth it through your hair to get it the way you want it. The wax also washes easily off your fingers, so no worries there. In terms of smell, it's a faint but clean odor that you'll definitely get used to. It's not strong enough to last throughout the day though, so if you're looking for something a little more..smelly..look elsewhere. For my purposes, I use the wax daily and will probably be purchasing again when I run out.
on August 14, 2016
It took me a bit to get the hang of this, but now I like it a LOT. Genuinely matte, lasts 2-3 days, leaves no residue on pillows, very good control. I'm a 65 year-old guy growing my hair out to shoulder length again and this does a great job of riding herd on my cowlicks and wings. I aim for light-to-medium control for my transitional swept-back style and this delivers. I like the way it makes my hair feel like heavy silk when I run my fingers through it. My wife likes the look of it but isn't fond of the mild stiffness.

When I started off, I was getting rock hard hair with occasional flakes of undissolved wax. Now I use this method and am quite satisfied with the results... I pre-warm the wax to about 100 degrees, to partially soften it. Then I spread the now-pliable wax on the tops of the fingers of both hands and stick them under hot running water, to further soften it into semi-liquid paste. I then work that into my wet hair thoroughly and comb it out gently using a very wide tine comb. Finally, I blow dry it slowly on a low heat, primarily to melt any wax 'nuggets' that weren't previously liquified.

All this is more work than using my other goop, TIGI's Bed Head for Men Power Play Gel. The gel is too shiny, tho, and the control weaker and not long lasting. This wax, however, is doing a great job while I grow my hair out. Once I get all my head hair down to shoulder length, I'll probably discontinue this wax in favor of something very lightweight.
on February 25, 2016
Love this product. I have been using this for over several months now. When I want to do a comb over pompadour with a non greasy natural look, I use this product. OR if I want that non shiny natural look, this is what I use. I used to use By Vilain silverfox, but the price just not justify the tiny bottle. By Vilain is also super hard to put on dry hair. I have thick hair and I almost always see several strands of hair on my hand after I apply it.

After this product dries, you can still run your fingers thru your hair to restyle, which I love.

The only downside about this product is that it does not hold up well in heat. Unless you use a good hairspray, the pompadour or any type of high quiff tends to flatten.

Other than that, I love this product.
on February 16, 2016
I have strong and fuzzy hair, which basically spreads everywhere after it dries. I hate the wet look of gels and other products and after testing different waxes, i've found this to be the best. It lets me tame my hair without looking like i have anything in it. It also lasts quite a long time, which of course depends on how long your hair is, but i usually get around 6 months out of one of those tubs.
on August 14, 2015
I've used many different expensive hair products from Bumble and Bumble, Bed Head, Kerastase, and Crew. This one is just the right balance of pliability without shine. It's also similar to the others in terms of smelling nice, packaging, quantity, etc.

Best of all, it's only $9! Most of the other comparable products, which I didn't like quite as much, cost me $25+. This Matte Separation is a steal!