Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

• Customer Reviews

on April 12, 2017
We were so excited to get these to put into our son's Easter basket but did not receive the TOMY hide and squeak eggs.

We received a knock off - Kangaroo Hide N Tweet Eggs:
- There was dirt inside the egg carton
- Dirt & black marks on the eggs
- The eggs don't squeak
- The edges of the eggs were sharp with extra plastic material

So disappointed. We will be returning this toy. I really want the TOMY eggs as they appear to get rave reviews unfortunately I can't trust Amazon to send the appropriate item (some get the right items - some not). Just an FYI - we are in the Chicago area in case that makes any difference in regards to the Warehouse the item comes from.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
66 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2013
This is one of my very favorite baby toys. I bought one for my oldest, 9 years ago when he was a baby, and we have lost one of the eggs in a vacuum so I just bought the same toy again for my youngest. All four of my kids have love it. The babies and kids (and adults) love to play with the eggs. My daughter is now 6 months old and she can hold onto the eggs well. They are just the right size that she can hold them but they are to big to cause me any kind of choking worry.

This toy is great bang for you buck. I would highly recommend this toy for any baby.

Things to know:
The egg carton is the size of a regular carton of eggs that holds 6 egg. It is made from sturdy plastic and is well made.
The eggs are each two pieces, a top and a bottom. The tops can fit on any of the eggs but the faces and colors match (the green face matches with the green egg). The eggs have funny faces on them.
The eggs make a squeaking noise when you push down on the colored "face". The squeak is fairly quiet and pleasant.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 14, 2017
UPDATE: The item I received was "Kangaroo Hide N' Tweet Eggs", a fake knock-off product, even though it said it was sold & fulfilled by Amazon. If you receive an imitation, not "Tomy" branded toy, please report the seller to prevent these scams. I am returning mine for a refund.

These were so highly rated I thought they would be awesome; there was some kind of dust and grease inside the egg container that I had to attempt to clean when I first opened it, and then was very disappointed that the eggs do not squeak at all! At best, they make an almost imperceptible plastic scraping noise. I tried all 6, tried holding them different ways, none of them "squeak".

I am giving them 2 stars instead of one, because my baby did enjoy rattling all the pieces together. Down side, now there are egg pieces rolling all over that aren't easy to track down and put away. Oh well.
on January 29, 2018
My baby is OBSESSED with this toy. It holds her attention for a lot longer than many other toys, because there's a lot to do with the eggs – take the tops off, take the eggs out, bang the eggs together, put the tops back on ("on"), put the eggs back in. She's not even at the shape sorting age yet to figure out which one goes where, but she's recently starting to enjoy putting this into containers, so this fits the bill. The squeak is very subtle, so don't expect a big squeaky chirpy sound. I don't think that's a drawback, though – we have enough noisy toys around the house! The only thing with this toy is that I don't like to leave them in her playpen unless I'm playing with her, because the edges are a little sharp, and if she rolls over one or falls onto one, it can hurt.
on April 15, 2017
KNOCKOFF. "Kangaroo Hide and Tweet" labeled as Tomy on the barcode. These do not tweet.

UPDATE: these DO tweet. You have to put your thumb over the hole on the bottom and press down. So it 'tweets' but it is kind of drowned out with the creaking of the plastic being pushed down.
review imagereview imagereview image
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2017
I would really love to give this seller/product a good review, but unfortunately I cannot. I actually have the Tomy set of eggs and wanted another for my other child. I was incredibly disappointed to recieve a knock off version (kangaroo brand?)... and the worst part - the product was filthy. This looked like a used toy...or something that had been sitting in a dusty warehouse for years. The white eggs were actually yellow. Very disappointing...and a bit disgusting. The eggs which were supposed to squeak, did not, and the graphics scrape off easily with a fingernail. Add to all of this- shipping was lengthy.
These are really cute. When you press down on them, they make a squeak- almost like a metal squeaking sound but not loudly.
My son enjoys dumping them out of the carton and chewing on the shells- he's 16 mo old. The carton was so hard to pry open and my son would close it, then cry because he couldn't get to the eggs again so I used the scissors to cut the small tab that holds it closed off. Now my son can get the carton open easily to dump the eggs out and play with them.
This is perfect for us because my son loves to put things back into containers, even though he hasn't figured out how to put these back in their matching places, he has fun trying. He loves the squeak noise they make and laughs when he hears it.
The faces are cute too and the shells are a hard enough plastic that I am not too worried about my son biting a piece off now that he has most of his front teeth in. He chews on everything!
Great toy, easy for little hands to hold!
on March 28, 2017
These barely make a sound. Without the sound its a boring toy for a toddler or baby.
on April 13, 2017
Like others mentioned, I did not recital the TOMY eggs and will be returning them. The actual TOMY eggs are fantastic but we received the knock off Kangaroo ones which are absolutely terrible (dirty, don't squeak and are hard to open). Very disappointing.
review imagereview image
on September 10, 2016
I first saw these Sorting Eggs at our weekly toddler playgroup. They were in the kitchen area and during the whole hour we were there, they were in use by someone! My son found them while we were helping to clean up, and suddenly lost all interest in helping and was VERY interested in playing. :) His 2nd birthday happened to be the next week and when I saw them on sale on Amazon I knew they would be perfect!

This little egg carton comes with 6 eggs. Each egg comes apart into 2 pieces-- an upper shell and the lower shell which contains the egg itself. On the bottom of each egg is an imprinted shape that corresponds to a shape in the bottom of the egg carton. Kids have to match up the shapes in order to put the eggs back in. The top shell also has colorful faces on them that correspond to the different colored eggs. I love that there are multiple sorting/puzzle aspects to this toy in addition to being used in our play kitchen as just a carton of eggs! If that weren't enough to convince you to buy them, they also make a cute little "cheep" noise when you press them down.

Excellent purchase all around. It is a great addition to our play food collection!