|Item Weight||0.317 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.6 x 2.6 x 1.4 inches|
|Item model number||05|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||TONWON 05|
3-Year Auto Parts Protection Planfrom Assurant
- PLAN STARTS: Plans start date of purchase. Coverage for mechanical breakdowns begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- COVERAGE DETAIL: 100% functional parts and labor included on products used for normal use, including mechanical and electrical failures, for parts purchased on Amazon within the last 30 days.
- PLAN BENEFITS: $0 deductible and no hidden fees. Fully transferable if bought as a gift. Not valid on auto parts purchased for commercial use.
- FILING A CLAIM: Easy claims process online 24/7. Visit assurant360claims.com. We’ll fix it, replace it or send you an Amazon gift card up to the price you paid for your product.
- HOW TO CANCEL: Cancel anytime, full refund within the first 30 days (less any claims paid). To cancel, visit "Your Orders" on Amazon.com and click "Return or Replace Item" next to the protection plan.
TONWON Car WiFi OBD 2, OBD2 Car Code Reader Scan Tool Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Tool for iOS & Android
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ★CLEAR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - Do you have a warning light illuminated on your dashboard but not want to pay hundreds to find out what is wrong? This TONWON Pro code reader can help you accurately diagnose check engine light problem. The Tonwon Pro work with the app to read generic and manufacturer-specific fault codes. With our OBD II app partner OBD AUTO DOCTOR APP,Tonwon Pro reads over 18000 code definitions.
- ★EASY FITMENT - The majority of cars made in the past 2 decades are fitted with an OBD2 diagnostic port, simply find the port and plug the TONWON Pro in.
- ★SMALL AND COMPACT DESIGN - Easy to install in your car OBD2 port. High reliable Bluetooth connection.Super low power consumption low to 3ma(standby current). Even if you forget to pull it out a night, it will not run out of battery.
- ★VARIOUS FREE AND PAID APPS AVAILABLE! - The TONWON Pro WiFi works with most OBD apps(OBD AUTO DOCTOR). Please find download instruction in product description. Varoius 3rd party app available on App store and Google play with price normally from 0$ to 9.99$ or higher depending on your needs. Contact TonwonEU for recommended apps.
- ★ 100% SATISFACTION & MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - If you are dissatisfied with the quality of our products, we will exchange in a free one. If you are not satisfied, then you can return a full refund 100%!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Tonwon OBDII Pro Wi-Fi read and delete faults from most cars made within the last 20 years.
Fully compatible with all OBD2 protocols and commands.
Compatible with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks ( Petrol car after 2001 and diesel car after 2003/2004 in Europe. DON'T compatible with 24V truck tractors etc).
If you have any question about car OBD2 compatibility ,Please contact us before purchase. We will help you to check it.
TONWON Pro is newly designed with two new functionalites.
1) Auto sleep funtion. Supper low power consumption (standby current low to 3mA ) so you can just fit in to OBD port for year. It won't drain off your battery power
2) Auto wake up funtion. Tonwon Pro active automaticlly when power on your car. Just open your favorite app(OBD Auto Doctor) and get connected.
★Works with iOS app:
OBD Auto Doctor . Dashcommand . OBD Fusion .
★Works with Android app:
OBD Auto Doctor . Torque . Dashcommand . OBD Fusion . OBD Car Doctor . ect.
(NOTE: Fee might applied)
★Read both nonspecific and manufacturer specific trouble codes. Fast ARM processor allowing up to 30 PID's per second.
★Read and delete fault codes, Turn off MIL (check engine light). view freeze frame data & I/M readiness monitors. Save money!
★Read real-time ECU sensor data (Engine RPM. Fuel System status, Fuel Pressure. Oxygen sensor voltages and many readable parameters on your vehicle) . Prepare for emission testing.
When using TONWON Pro Wi-Fi with an excellent OBD2 app. There are still more fun for discover!
1- Tonwon OBDII Pro WiFi Device
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have a BlueDriver I used to *GET* information on my old Prius, but that unit would not let me change customization settings needed to handle the backup beep. That's why I got this much less expensive but capable interface.
When I got a new Prius Prime to replace my 10 year old Prius I expected I could turn off the backup beep (in the cabin only) the same way: with a combination of button pushes. But NO! I had to access customizations via the OBDII interface.
I found a bunch of info on the internet and some of it plain wrong. I'll outline the steps to access the customization that worked for me on my Prius Prime. These should work on any gen4 Prius.
PLUG IN THE TONWON ADAPTER
Find the Prius Prime's OBDII connector. It isn't under the dash near the center of the driver's seat like many other Prius I've looked at. It's above the parking brake. Plugging in the TonWon adapter is simple and easy. Mine lit up even before the car was turned on.
INSTALL CARISTA APP
I tried OBD Fusion suggested for this use without luck. I ended up using Carista. The base app is free on the iTunes store and while following the process I needed to make a $9.99 in-app purchase. More on the purchase later... It is also available for Android but not from the Amazon App store.
CONNECT TO TONWON WIFI
The TonWon WiFi adapter has a network name (SSID) of V-LINK. This is an open network (no WiFi key needed). You will need to go into settings on an IOS Device and connect to the adapter.
LAUNCH CARISTA & PREPARE THE CAR
Once WiFi is connected you can launch the Carista app and turn on your car in *accessory* mode. You'll get a screen offering Diagnose, Customize and Service. To change the backup beep setting I used the "Customize" option.
CONNECT CARISTA TO THE TONWON
Carista will ask what kind of adapter and you should select the WiFi ELM327 adapter. Carista will search for the adapter and then download all of vehicle information and settings. This can take a minute or more, so be patient. The progress display was informative.
CHANGING SETTINGS, PART 1
When settings are loaded you'll get 3 more options: Doors/Windows/Remote, Instruments/Display/Dings and Lights. I selected the one with "Dings" :-) and got a screen with a bunch of options. The one I was interested in is "Reverse-gear-beep" which was set to KEEP BEEPING WHILE IN REVERSE. I clicked on this to change it and got the notification I needed to make an in-app purchase which provides a week-long subscription to change any settings I wanted.
IN APP PURCHASE
To process the in-app purchase you'll need to connect to WiFi that has internet access. I got the $9.99 one week subscription. There are choices of many makes, models and years. I just needed the one for my 2017 Prius Prime (and all 2017 Gen 4 Prius). After completing the purchase I reconnected to the TonWon WiFI and repeated the steps to get back to the Reverse-gear-beep setting I wanted to change.
CHANGING SETTING, PART 2
Back at the Reverse-gear-beep setting I tapped on the "KEEP BEEPING WHILE IN REVERSE" which took me to a screen with the 2 available choices. I wanted the other one: BEEP ONCE. I selected BEEP ONCE and then tapped save which took me to the previous screen. I checked to be sure the setting took. To wrap things up power down the car and unplug the TonWon. That's it. It took less 6 minutes including the in-app purchase!
I like the TonWon Pro WiFi because it's inexpensive and works well with OBD Fusion and the Carista apps. I didn't try the app that comes with the TonWon, so I can't comment on that one. The ELM327 WiFi adapter appears to be a common chip set. This one seems as well made as any of them.
Because with the Carista App it got my job done easily I'm giving the TonWon WiFi OBDII 5 well deserved stars. Well Done.
Hope this helps someone
Here's the main annoying thing. It suggested an app called "accurate" with a logo of Vgate, which is free. I got it to connect once, then never again. You can't actually do any diagnostics with that app. It pretty much sucks.
And there's no demo for OBD Fusion. You have to pay 10 bucks for it, then if you can't use it, attempt to return it.
The trick, the default for OBD Fusion is to connect with WiFi. Open the app and change the settings to Bluetooth. That'll help get you connected.
Connection still rather sucks. During diagnostics it tells you to turn your car off or risk damage. I've had OBDII testing done with a standalone device, and you have to turn your car on for it to work, so this seemed dumb, but I followed the instructions. Well a few seconds after turning the car off this thing still has power, but the bluetooth turns off.
Anyway, it works if you keep it running.
So it works, why 3 stars? The experience sucks, and it seems really inconsistent. It's really cheap, so I went with it, and it was listed on the app I hoped to use. But you'll have to fiddle lots with it. So be ready for that. Everything you want to do it tells you you're going to F up your car.
Just know what you're getting into. It feels a lot like using a really cheap android device instead of an iPhone. They both work for their intended purpose, but one of them works a bit smoother for regular use. You can hack the android easier, if that's what you're into. But if you just want it to work easily out of the box, maybe this isn't the device for you.
edit: I had this set to only 3 stars at first, but after comparing it to my friend's "Automatic," which I think is the pinnacle device similar to this one for iOS, he regretted getting that. The Automatic app is a bit prettier, but is still a bit of a pain. And at 120, fine, 110 since you have to buy this app for comparison purposes. 5 stars.
1) Realize that the device you’re buying here broadcasts a Wi-Fi signal when you plug it in to your Prius. You will need to go onto your Cell phone, and find Wi-Fi in settings where you will see the tonwon Trying to get on your phone. it’s called “V link” Click OK, launch the app, and turn the car on in accessory mode by hitting the start button once WITHOUT your foot on the brake. Once you are in communication with the device via your phone on the Wifi ELM327 option it offers you options. I chose customize and it loaded the settings from the Prius into my phone. It took 5 mins. It then offers you more options for changes you want to make, I chose Dings and lights”
At this point you have to make the in app purchase and I became confused because what you actually have to do is disconnect your phone connection with the Tonwon and go back into your home or some spot where there is an actual Wi-Fi connection. At that point you complete the transaction with the one week $9.95 option
And go back out to your car and reconnect
and follow Stephanie‘s instructions to change that awful constant reverse beeping to a single beep.
What a relief! The Toyota dealer was going to charge me a full hour to do this job,, $165.
I hate getting screwed and so I’m giving it five stars.