Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 1, 2016
I intentionally waited for actual use in a real life situation to submit this review. Typhoon Nida just barely passed HK with a signal as high as #8. For those who may not be familiar with #8 signal in Hong Kong, that was over 100km/hour in certain areas. Practically all transports--planes, buses, trains, trams all stopped. Schools and businesses closed. Now, of course I am not so foolish to seek out those areas to test this umbrella, NO umbrella can withstand that.

I have owned a number of automatic retractable umbrellas over the years, so the technology is nothing new.

What separates this one from most others I've owned are mentioned in the product specifications and by many other reviewers.

In this real life usage, here's what I found:

Hand grip--pistol handle is nice and comfortable and allows strong sure grip, better than just a round knob.
Seams-- leak proof so far in real heavy rain. Some of my other umbrellas in heavy rain will have water coming through the seams, especially from the top leaking inside.
Fabric-- definitely dries fast, and water beads (see one of the photos) so you can shake off excess quickly.
Canopy size-- good coverage for one, may be stretching it for 2 especially during heavy rain. A good balance of size, weight vs portability.
Wind proof-- I cannot attest to the claim 60 mph, but it definitely is tough and strong in the wind. And of course, you always want to point the umbrella in the direction of the wind/rain so it does not flip over.
Overall constructions--attention to details is par none at this price range (I got it during LD for $16). It inspired confidence that the frame, stitching, fabric all screamed quality.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 27, 2017
The umbrella itself is very compact and very portable--perfect size for a commuter. The sheath it comes with is very high quality and has a nice zipper on this that feels like it will last a long time. One thing that is a bit annoying is the button does not alway release the umbrella, you have to push on the head of the closed umbrella while depressing the release button to have the umbrella open up.It's not a show stopper by an means, but one extra step that shouldn't be required, and when the umbrella is wet, it's slightly more annoying.

On the plus side, 5 stars for QUICKLY honoring warranty. Two of the arms broke in my umbrella during a recent storm. I sent a message to the seller, including a PDF of my Amazon invoice and photos of the damage. I submitted my claim on a Tuesday, and had a new umbrella on Thursday. Than you for such great responsive service, truly exceed expectation!
on January 13, 2018
My first impression of this umbrella is definitely positive. First of all, the compact size allows you to carry the umbrella in a handbag or a backpack with ample room to spare. The convenient design of the one-click button to open and close works as well as advertised, so most people would have no trouble opening it as a shower of rain begins or closing it as they walk to an indoor area - single hand operation. The fabric also seems to be of high quality and will keep you dry for as long as you walk under it (not to mention the large area of coverage as well). The elegant design of the handle only furthers its high-quality image. However, I was most impressed with the frame of the umbrella, as it was much sturdier than my previous ones and would surely withstand most winds with no issues. With that being said, closing the umbrella does takes a surprisingly large amount of force, but overall this is a high quality product that I would recommend to my friends.
on July 15, 2016
What a nice umbrella! The material used is premium and the umbrella feels very sturdy even in wind. It collapses to a nice, small size. Very nicely constructed. Best umbrella I have ever owned!
on January 23, 2018
The umbrella is small but it is well made. The frame seems sturdy and the canopy is made of good quality material. Although I have not tested during windy situation but it definitely seems to be able to hold up well. The one button auto open and close is convenient although you would still need to pull it back in. That's where I'm only giving it four stars because it takes a bit of force to close it all the way and no way I could do it with one hand after testing it multiple times. When my hands are full (which is quite often carrying multiple bags, carrying my tot, etc), it will be a struggle for me to close.
on February 20, 2017
Love! Bought this for when we are watching my daughters outside soccer games when it`s cold, windy and rainy. So far it has done a great job and I like that it`s big enough for 2 people to fit under when we are sitting in our chairs. It`s a little tight but it`s better than getting wet!
on January 27, 2018
Being skeptical at first because one of the reviews said this umbrella was too small. But I decided to pull the trigger on this anyway because of the good things people have talked about. I just got the umbrella today and I would say I can fit perfectly in. (I am 5'10'' and 190 pounds) And this umbrella is mainly for my wife who is about 5' tall and she loves it.
This is the first umbrella I have had for many years. It is well built and sturdy comparing to many umbrellas I have had before. I look forward to testing this in the rain and in a windier situation.
In fact I am thinking about buying another one to keep in the car for the rainy days because it takes such a low profile.
on January 20, 2018
I like the auto open and close function. Just with one press of the big button with thumb, the umbrella opens in seconds. And press the button again, the umbrella releases the buckle, and it can be taken back easily. The fabric is with high quality waterproof material. After closing the umbrella, just a few shakes can take away most of raindrops. It’s really good that not too much water brought into car or in house.
review image
on November 29, 2016
Just receive this umbrella for a few days. I like the fashionable handle, it helps to grips my umbrella tightly. It can open and close quickly with the button butyou do have to pull it down completely to fasten it closed. It does require a bit of effort to close, so something need to keep in mind if you're looking to purchase this for someone who doesn't have strong hands/arms.
on February 1, 2018
I love it from my heart when I received and opened it. It gave a firm feeling when I openend and was holding it. The curve shape opens like a wing slowly with the eight stainless steel sticks firmly hold the water-resistant material on the top when I pressed slightly the button on the hand holder. There are enough space to shelt one person under the umbralla from rain. The outer side of hand-holder slightly curves and easily to grip. The double seamed cover shows high quality filled with logo, detailing of accessories, such as zipper. design.