Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 11-20 of 10,893 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,680 reviews
on April 6, 2016
When replacing the combination cable modem and wifi router that I got from Comcast, I did extensive research on similar devices. You can certainly pay a lot more or a lot less for a wifi router -- so why did I choose this one? First off, it came highly recommended on amazon as well as several other websites. Second, this device has all of the basic features an average person would want and need, including the newest standard, 802.11ac, and dual spectrum operation.

Setup was a breeze - it took approximately 10 minutes to get it hooked up and configured using the configuration wizard. A little tip if you bought this router and you're setting it up for the first time: If you give the 2 different hotspots for either spectrum (2.4 and 5Ghz) the same name, your devices will choose the one they prefer. So for example, use "MyWifi" for the 2.4ghz signal and "MyWifi" for the 5ghz signal. This will make it easier for guests and devices to get on the correct channel.

We haven't had any issues at with the router in the month that we have been using it. I haven't even had to reboot the router, which is fantastic is you ask me! The wifi signal is stronger and seems to perform better than the combo device we had previously. for example, with the Comcast modem/router, we would have to disconnect and reconnect from the wifi to get our phones to work a few times a week. With the TP-Link, I haven't yet had this issue, so that's a great improvement.

The only reason I didn't give this device 5 stars is that the fit and finish of the device leaves a bit to be desired. It isn't a premium gadget, and it doesn't feel like one - the LEDs look a bit cheap, the wifi switch on the back in tiny and the case doesn't feel high end in any way. All of these things don't add up to much though because I don't think anyone would expect high quality from a device at this price point, and overall performance is excellent.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 10, 2016
Not very impressive. I bought this router for two reasons:
1. Support the AC standard which my new tablet supports (Supposedly faster and more robust)
2. Extend the /n range which was weak with my existing router

This router was purchased to replace a Linksys E4200 router. Because of the location of the DSL modem by line necessity (I use a dedicated line and have a static IP address) the router must be where it is in my office in the house. My relaxation room is 50 feet away there are only 2 walls between. The signal falls off enough that I needed a range extender. When I bought a new tablet, I bought one with /ac, I decided to get a new router with better range. This router was highly recommended by many review sites so I ordered it. I watch a lot of video---classes, lectures, etc. so I wanted something that wouldn't drop off or stall out.

The set up was very easy. I know what I'm doing and it took only about 10 minutes to replace my other router. Now I feel like I just burned the money. There is no difference in performance or range. None. I tried a few different signal measurement apps and they all show this router as equal or less than the Linksys E4200 which is a 5 year old router.

I tried moving it up and turning it in different directions---no improvement. I can't return it because there is nothing wrong with it. There isn't anything impressive either. And, the /ac won't even reach the room where I use the tablet.

Well, I'll figure out how to use my old router as a bridge...but really, if your router works, you don't need this one.

UPDATE: The first thing I did after installing was to check the firmware. It's current. I was a bit disappointed to see that a ver 3 of the hardware is being sold but I received a ver 2 from Amazon. This is probably not a big deal but it feels bad to get an old version of a product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2017
Very nice router the Archer C9 interface is easy to use with a great set up.
I couldn't pick up the Wifi from Comcast cable router on my patio, now I have a full power signal.
This was to get away from Comcast home network, in fact I capped off the Wifi antennas in the Xfininty cable box with a 51Ω resisters.
I won't be hearing from that Wifi transmission anymore.

But I just couldn't resist, and installed DD-WRT the latest version, and I'm blown away at the settings, and how well it functions.
♥♥♥
WARNING if you install this firmware there is not a present way you can return to the firmware that come with the router, unless you have technical experience.
Here is a link to a module that can be soldered in to revert to the factory firmware.
on June 5, 2017
I really enjoyed this router as I never tried a TP-Link router before. I have to say that this router was very well made and transmitted signal flawlessly through walls and multi-level apartments. I have only had experience with Cisco routers up to this point. It installed without any extra diagnostics or troubleshooting. It allowed the connection of 5 devices without any noticeable drop in internet speed or connection strength. This would make a good router for a college student or a household with children.
on April 2, 2016
My Time Warner Cable service was recently upgraded to the Ultimate 200 plan, which has download speeds up to 200 Mbps. I could have remained on the modem & router setup I had, but would not have achieved anywhere near the 200 Mbps speed I was paying for. As a result, I upgraded my modem to an Arris Surfboard 6183, which is listed by TWC as compatible with my service plan. Hooked directly to the modem, the download speed was 235 Mpbs. However, the router I had could not support gigabit wired ethernet and was acting as a speed block.

I purchased this Archer C7. It was very easy to set up. In my case, I only changed the electrical adapter as I noticed it was larger than that of my previous router. Otherwise, I used the same other two cables. I did not use the mini-cd for setup. I went directly to the router's webpage and completed the setup (changing the SSID and password for both the 2.4g signal and the 5g signal).

I'm getting approximately 230 Mpbs both wired and wireless, which is wonderfully fast. Works well in most of my home. There is a lag in one bedroom of my medium-sized home, which is why I rated it 3 stars. Prior to purchase, I had read other reviews indicating homes larger than mine had excellent coverage; I am a bit disappointed that there is a slow area in my home.
on September 9, 2016
I've had this for 3 days. Setup was fairly easy. I had to reset the router multiple times for all my devices to authenticate it, maybe that's normal. This is replacing a router that was 9 years old. It is faster with less lag. We have satellite Internet so our connection speeds are naturally slow & effected by the weather. It has a decent range. I wouldn't say it's any better than my old Netgear N600 as far as the distance. We live in the woods & are outside more than in. I can sit in my walkout (below the router) by the fire 60 ft from the router & this is the max distance it will reach with obstacles (my house). Without obstacles (clear view & windows for obstacles & at ground level with the router) it will reach my garden 80-100 ft depending on my satellite Internet quality that day. It meets an exceeds my old router's function & capability & my expectations. I plan to install it on top of my cabinets in the office to get a better range when my long cat5 cable arrives. Then I can stream music while I clean the chicken coop.
on December 21, 2015
If you are in need of a solid, quality router at a decent price, this is for you.

When you first open the box, you're greeted by a larger-than-normal router, a bunch of documentation, and hilariously enough a mini-CD with documentation on it.

Installation is simple, and the included instructions are very clear and easy to follow. I will mention that depending on your modem you may have to connect to 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.1.1 to access the control panel. This is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation. Once inside the control panel, a normal user might be overwhelmed by the options. Running through the quick setup options makes things much easier. I will say you should change EVERYTHING you want before restarting the router, as almost everything you change will require a restart.

I set my router up to have a 2.4ghz and 5ghz signal, as well as a guest signal that I can limit so my visitors don't hog my bandwidth if we're streaming movies or something. Overall it works extremely well, I'm able to get 20mb/s down and 10mb/s up outside of my house on the 2.4ghz singal, and 100mb/s down and 10mb/s up when right next to the router with that same signal. I have had no issues with running my ridiculous amount of internet connected devices at once (two iPhones, iPad, PS4, Wii, two computers, two laptops) with no signal loss or congestion issues.

Overall, this is a great router for those who have a lot of connected devices using large amounts of bandwidth. Packaging was solid, device feels solid, setup is easy, and it functions flawlessly. The only issue I had was the connecting IP. I would note that it's quite large compared to your average router.
on June 25, 2014
I like the simple, clean, functional user interface on the configuration page. After plugging the router in to my network, I was able to set up the wireless configuration in just a few minutes.

So far, I've used the 5GHz and the 2.4GHz networks, and both pass the "back yard" test - I can take them out to the back of the house and use them on the back patio. I also really appreciate having the guest network; I sometimes fix other people's computers, and having the guest network gives me some isolation in the event their computers have viruses or malware.

It's also worth noting that this router supports IPv6. So when your ISP eventually implements IPv6, your router will be ready to do the job.

So far, this unit perfectly does the job I am asking it to do: connect my home computers to the Internet. I can't see how that could be improved, so it gets 5 stars.
on October 6, 2015
This router has propelled me into the 21st century, and I feel my network will be a little future-proof for the time being. It gives my desktop and phones excellent speeds according to speedtest.net, and I've gotten great results on my Roku, but don't actually know how to perform a speed test with that. I have not started to enable all of it's features, but that will come with time. The range is great within my apartment, although sometimes I have low signal issues either because of my bedroom door or just battery strength with my phone. I haven't tested every situation to know. My girlfriend had issues with the 5GHz signal and her galaxy s6, but my identical phone hasn't had issues. I've kept it on the 2.4GHz band for now to autoconnect and there have been no issues. The interface is straightforward and I can usually understand all the jargon, so it doesn't need to be pretty for me. This is the router to get now since the C8 is over $100. The C5 brand new is about the same price though, so that would probably also work fine for small apartments or not many devices.
on January 22, 2016
First off I just want a router that works and works well. I don't like playing with it to get it to work just do it's job. I had older Belkin which from time to time would cut out for no reason but quick reboot back up and running. Pain yes but hey it worked. Years went by and reboots needed more often and even when working Roku, Fire TV had several hiccups over wi fi. Belkin getting aged close to 8 years I suppose so time to replace. Now for this unit. Nice touch on / off switch in rear haven't had to use it but nice. No fumbling with disconnecting a/c plug and then finding the hole to put back in just flip the switch. Now it has a wifi defeat switch which my came in the on position as default. Not sure why you ever want to shut off wi fi but if you did nice. I used web to program for setup very simple but be aware some steps don't match instructions follow what the web tells you. Performance is where it shines. Unit once set up just flat out works and much faster then my old Belkin. No hiccups on Roku or Fire tv no breaking up in middle of program, no reboots what so ever!! Only have had a few weeks but so far very impressed but then again I just want reliable wifi and this fits the bill. You can also choose channels frequencies you want to use via web set up. I choose default settings. I also use it for ooma phone service (wired) and my Tivo and printers. Had to change my PW and network name but easy , quick and just works. I love it so far.