Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TP-LINK Gigabit PoE Injector Adapter (TL-PoE150S)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Model: Injector|Change

on September 11, 2015
Used this to power my second floor AP from the basement. The cable run is about 80 feet from end to end. The wireless AP powers with no issues. I only needed one PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) which is why I opted for this, instead of a PoE switch.

No setup required, plug in the power cable, and both ethernet cables and you are good to go. Been running for a month non-stop without issues. Stays cool to the touch, and no weird whines or sounds from the device. Currently it sits unattached in my media panel.

Once I get my first floor wireless AP, I will purchase this PoE injector again as I have had no issues with this device.
review image
on October 26, 2015
Compact, good looking units, working well for me! At first I ordered the individual units (injector & splitter) but then noticed they are available as a "kit" for less money, doh! I then ordered the kit too thinking I would return the individual pieces. However, on the kit (POE injector+splitter) the units are white plastic, are 10/100 only and non 802.3af compliant. The POE injector and splitter when ordered separately are black plastic, are gigabit and 802.3af compliant. Seems very odd. POE injector comes with the 48v adapter. I ended up keeping all of them.

I needed to connect 2 building that are 150 meters apart with a CAT5e ethernet cable. The maximum cable length for ethernet is 100 meters. So I needed to divide the 150m into 50m and 100m sections then add a switch at the 50m mark. However there is no AC power anywhere between those two buildings. I used this TP-LINK PoE injector & splitter kit with the PoE injector placed at the beginning of the cable, the splitter (which acts like a switch) placed at the 50 meter mark powered from the PoE injector and the ethernet cable continues on for the last 100m. I don't use the 5/9/12V output for anything. I used the white units from the "kit", everything is working very well. Saved the black gigabit units for spares, might upgrade to the gigabit ones if client needs more network speed.
on March 18, 2011
I was looking for a cheap POE injector for a night vision camera that would be mounted outside. Worked flawlessly. There was some confusion about what this actually does. This unit actually inserts power onto the CAT5e cable. There is another unit that looks identical that actually splits out the power from the CAT5 and makes a non POE device have power available. I have only had the unit for a few weeks but it has worked as advertised.
on October 16, 2015
1.) These reviews apply to the injector, splitter and kit because you can choose which one to order, it gets kind of confusing.
2.) In order to get the splitter to work with my non POE Foscam, I had to solder the included power cable to the Foscam adaptor cable as they are different sized connectors.
3.) Mine have been working at 5v for 6 months with no problem.
on May 31, 2011
I bought this to power a camera I already owned that did not have POE capability. This unit is supplied with short ethernet and power cables. Note that the specified operating temperature range (32f to 104f) is not wide enough to allow use in an attic environment. The TL-POE10R works very well in my application.
on April 16, 2015
This review is of the SPLITTER not the Injector. I have 3 of these and they have been working fine 24/7 for 6 months now. They are compact, reasonably priced, offer 5, 9 and 12 volt outputs and are very easy to install. I have them on 2 Rokus and a Linksys DMA2100 media center extender, all working great. No problems with grounding. Recommended!
This is a POE (Power Over Ethernet) Injector. It adds 48 volt DC to an ethernet cable to power devices that support POE (usually VOIP Phones and some outdoor Wifi Access Points). It includes the white box pictured on amazon.com, a separate power supply, and possibly an ethernet cable (I can't remember).

For some reason, the picture made me think that it would be larger. The actual product is quite small.

I've used this for about a month and it works great.
on November 1, 2012
TP-Link uses the same part number for this item even though the Version 2 is NOT gigabit and the Version 3 is gigabit. Apparently this listing is for the Version 2 even though there's nothing in the listing that says either way. It would be helpful if the listing at least had the specs. The Version 3 is black, but you wouldn't know that unless you went to the TP-Link site.

I'm sure it works fine, but I sent it back and bought the Trendnet:
77 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
For professional usage, this PoE Injector WILL NOT supply enough power for a Dual Band and/or AC AP, for instance, Ubiquiti AP Pro (UAP-PRO) and not mention Ubiquiti AP Pro AC (UAP-AC). From what I calculated, this PoE Injector will supply ~30.8VDC power output when you will need at least 48VDC power output for a Dual Band and/or AC APs. Just keep this in mind, folks!

Edit: POE Adapter arrived today! Yay! However, it could not even power up my Ubiquiti Single Band AP, which requires only 24VDC... Well this proves me right and it's time for a refund!
review image
on September 22, 2010
I needed this for a WiFi access point. Simple plug and play, worked right out of the box with no software needed.