Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 276 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 323 reviews
on August 30, 2015
I bought the TP-Link TL-WDN3200 N600 about a year ago and this adapter as exceeded my expectations. It has been working pretty much every day since I got it from afternoon to night during school days and morning to night on breaks. I play many online games like OSU!, MOBAs, MMOs (not much of a FPS fan) and stream a ton of anime. My PC is not that far from the router, I live in a one story house with my room located about maybe 13 yards away, so I can see if the signal strength can be an issue to some. I get around 50-60% signal strength daily. I have compared my Netgear N600 WNDA3100 dual band adapter to the TP-Link one and surprisingly enough, the TP-Link gave me a better speed and connection with about 2.4mb/s while the former gave me about 1.2mb/s on multiple tests throughout a couple weeks. Overall, this product was an amazing buy because a year ago I needed a cheap wireless adapter that could handle online play and stream anime all at once for my budget pc build and I am currently using it as I write this review, about a year later after purchase. I have used this adapter with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10!
review image
on September 20, 2015
I bought the TP-Link TL-WDN3200 N600 dual band wireless adapter dongle to connect my Win 8.1 (later Win 10) laptop to my TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router with the 5 GHz band.

First the good. The wireless adapter had pretty good range connecting at 5 GHz and could connect to my router in places in my house that my iPhone could not reliably connect. Even at the limits of range I often got the full 60mbps download speeds that my cable internet service provides.

Now the bad. First, the dongle would connect to the router easily on the 2.4 GHz band, but it would often lose Internet access when the rest of the network had internet access through the router just fine. This happened using the dongle with two different computers with 2 different routers on 2 separate networks. Also, the TP-Link wireless adapter utility software would often seem to "forget" that it needed to connect to the network. I would open my laptop or boot my desktop and sit and wait for the wireless adapter to connect. Sometimes it eventually connect, but often I would have to open the utility program to connect. The "connect automatically" box would be checked, but apparently ignored. If I connected manually, it would ask me for the password again. When I would close the utility with the "x" button in the upper right corner, the utility would ALWAYS ask me if I wanted to actually close the program or just minimize it, and no checking of the box telling it to "always do this" would help it remember.

A "dual band" wireless adapter that only connects reliably to one band, that cannot remember to connect automatically, that cannot remember the wireless network's password, and whose utility cannot remember its settings gets one star.
on June 30, 2016
My laptop suddenly decided to go through a phase where connecting to the internet on its own wasn't an option (even though it is a fairly new computer) ... I tried everything aside from dropping it off at Geek Squad... with money tight, this Wireless USB was a LIFESAVER. The only complaint I have about it is it's size: if not working at my desk, I would have to position my laptop in an awkward position in my lap. After using another brand that was bigger and definitely bulkier, it's slender design definitely made moving around (and yes, even having to awkwardly placing the pc on my lap) all the better.

Installation was literally plugging it into my pc's USB port and the signal was always strong no matter where I was in large 1920's house with it's wifi-hating plaster walls.

Highly recommend for both a quick fix for laptop connectivity issues and consistent, strong signal strength for your desktop
on June 8, 2017
Bought this when I thought I would need 5G, but didn't find it useful for the laptop I had since I could sense 2.4G. But after getting a desktop, this has come in really handy because it's like a plug and play wifi card but through usb using a windows 10 PC.
Since it's in the back, I don't notice the profile of the device sticking out. It doesn't have trouble sensing the 5G and connection on startup. The speed is great for a device that I've had for four years, still works like new. Can have many browsers and 1080p video playing with no delay.
on May 29, 2016
System: Win7x64 on an ASUS ROG G75VW-DS71

I have used this for gaming at 5Ghz for 3 years now. It has worked flawlessly. It works in USB 2.0 and 3.0... I use the 3.0 to get the full speed.

I have used this with an ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router for three years and only now am trouble shooting. I moved and have a new ISP. The connection is dropping for an instant and throwing me off of the server about 4 times a day. It could be a router problem, but after replacing the router I know it was not the router. I now have it hard wired and will have to replace the TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 N600 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter if the condition is remedied. Otherwise, this is working fine at this time.

I am very experienced in this field and was a pioneer in the technology. These two items are the most reliable and long lasting wireless system I have ever seen. Stable and fast.

ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 N600 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter

A winning combination.
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2014
My desktop is in a different room than my modem and router. Depending on the time of the day or night my service has been erratic. I decided to give this adapter a try. It was a low cost item and arrived quickly. I plugged it into a USB port on my desktop and it has provided a steady signal regardless of the time. This is one heck of a bargain and a great frustration eliminator.

Before I made the purchase I read quite a few of the 1900 other reviews. Some of them left me apprehensive but the cost was so low that I felt it was not much of a gamble. This adapter exceeded my expectations and it works remarkably well. I highly recommend this TP-LINK N600 adapter.
on May 4, 2014
I bought this product not knowing what they quality may be. Here is my review.

I use this for my 5GHZ band wifi in the house. I get full bars of signal about 30 feet away from the wifi router. If you plan to use this product for the 5GHZ band, keep in mind that the 5GHZ band does not reach as far as your 2.4GHZ band.

I stream Amazon Prime, Youtube, and Onlive gaming and this device gives me clear video without hesitations and lost packets(another way of saying video skipping). It works great for my Windows 8 laptop, because with this operating system it supports plug and play. This means that there is no need for any installation simply plug it in to your USB port and get started.

Its about 2in in length and an 1in in width, the box comes with a cable in case you want to mount it to the side of your desktop or laptop. To finish my review keep this important note in mind.

*** I bought this to run my 5GHZ band so I could take advantage of the better signal and less interference that the 5GHZ band offers. This product does not give you a boost in download speed, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider to receive better bandwidth. I highly recommend this product for users of Windows 8 users!
on November 15, 2013
Dragging CAT5 cable around with me to plug my desktop into whatever internet source I could find was getting old. I didn't feel like installing a PCI wireless card, and wanted something I could interchange between my desktop and laptop.

Enter the TP-LINK WDN 3200! I've had it for over three months now, and so far it's met all my needs, and has posed very few issues for me!

PROS:
- Small and convenient for wireless usage!
- USB means on-the-go wireless connectivity!
- 802.1a/b/g/n means compatibility with higher speed Wi-Fi as well as slower channels! Fast when it's available, functional at the least!
- Haven't experienced any connection drops/random slowness.
- Easy to setup/install

CONS:
- Thickness prevents adjacent USB ports from being used. If you have two used ports stacked (one on top of the other), normally you could fit two USB connectors. This wireless device is a bit thick however, and partially blocks the other USB port, meaning at the least, you may be one USB port short, and at worst you may break something trying to jam another USB device into the other slot. Be safe!

- There is a bug in the software: whenever the software refreshes the list of available wireless networks, it will change focus from the current window to the TP-Link Utility program, even if it is minimized. This means if you are typing in a document or something, the document will lose focus and you'll have to click the document window to resume typing. SOLUTION: When your computer starts, if the TP-Link Utility program is open (or minimized), open it, and change the window from the "Wireless Networks" tab to a tab that doesn't refresh, such as the "Settings" tab or other. This will prevent the refresh from switching windows when it occurs.

- Again, it is rather large, so if you're using it on a laptop, be careful not to pick up your laptop and have it snag on something--you don't want to risk breaking it (or something else), so always be aware when it's there!

Overall:

This is a functional and effective solution to your wireless needs! It provides speed, minimal drops, and is not too expensive. It can access higher-speed Wi-Fi/Wireless channels as well as normal/older ones. It plugs in and installs simply, and once installed it's another plug-and-play device that's easy to use and works great.
on September 29, 2014
I bought this for my desktop in the living room and wanted to get rid of the ethernet cord. I decided to purchase this as the solution. For this PC, blazing speed was not necessary so I purchased the dual band model at 300Mbp/s. Have been using for 3 months and not a single dilemma with signal strength or connectivity. Continues to work just fine every day.

However, the only issue I had with this was trying to get the driver to install. The good news is, you shouldn't worry since, for some reason, this problem was specific to the PC I was installing. I know this because I installed it on my other PC and laptop and the install went just fine.

After trying to trouble-shoot the issue and not getting anywhere with it, I decided to email TP-LINK's customer service. Their customer service was great, patient, and actually aided me in fixing the issue. The customer service rep provided me the necessary links to download and install the driver manually since I couldn't get the driver to install automatically. Once the drivers were installed, everything worked spot on. So kudos for their customer service team. It was a pleasure experience.

I'm receiving the stated 300Mbp/s with this adapter
on January 15, 2014
I originally purchased this for a access point but could never get it to work as one. I'm not really IT savy so I maybe am not the best to review this item. All can really say is that it works fantastic as a wireless dongle for a computer that does not have a network card. If you have an old computer, or laptop this works great. Or if the wireless goes out on your motherboard you could use this. It came in a nice box with all the software you need and a 3 ft. usb cable to locate it where you want. I would buy it again if I could get it to work.