|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.2 x 0.7 x 2.2 inches|
|Item model number||TL-WR702N|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Size||N150 Travel Router|
|Style||N150 Travel Router|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||2 years|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered
|Price:||$15.28 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Incredibly compact router, perfect for use at home and while traveling
- Quickly create a secure Wi-Fi hotspot to share with family and friends
- 150Mbps Wi-Fi speed for video streaming, Internet calls, and online gaming
- Micro-USB port for flexible powering via an external adapter or USB port
- Supports AP, Client, Router, Repeater, and Bridge modes
- Compatible with 802.11b/g/n and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi devices
- Includes power adapter, USB cable, Ethernet cable, installation guide, and resource CD
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Sunvalleytek||Signature Networks|
|Data Transfer Rate||150 Megabits Per Second||300 Megabits Per Second||150||150 Megabits Per Second|
|Total Lan Ports||1||Information not provided||Information not provided||Information not provided|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 BGN||802 11 ABGN||802 11 ABGN||802 11 BGN|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I initially set up the device in my home to test, and found out that it is a little tricky to access its on-line configuration menu. Once I got it configured, I found out that after several hours, it would stop broadcasting. I also found that some Android devices will lose the signal when moving between the main router and the repeater.
Here are the solutions to the problems that I encountered, which I hope will help you:
For the problem with the broadcasting, you will have to open a ticket with the TP-Link support via their web site, [...] after registering, to ask for the (now) beta version of the firmware patch for this device, to resolve the broadcasting problem. They will e-mail you the binary file for the firmware patch. You can update that from the configuration menu. I suggest doing this before configuring the device for use. You get to the configuration menu by going to [...] in a web browser, with the device connected to your PC or laptop with the provided ethernet cable.
To set up the repeater mode:
1. Factory reset the device by putting a pen in the RESET pin hole. Hold until blue light flashes on device (about 10 seconds).
2. Pull the power to the device for 10 seconds.
3. After repowering, plug the device into the ethernet jack of your computer.
4. Open a web browser and type in [...] to get to the devices configuration menu.Read more ›
***Back from trip, works as promised still five stars. ****
* Easy to use. It works out of the box as an access point, which is useful in hotel rooms if you just have wired access and no wi-fi. Just connect the ethernet cable to this box, and plug it to the included USB power supply. I also found it useful in places that have both wifi and hard wired internet -- one hotel I stayed in asked me every day to confirm their rules on every device (we had a couple of laptops, two iPhones, and an iPad). Using the TPLink allowed us to confirm it only once -- their system saw all devices coming from the TP Link as one device.
* Easy to configure. It has an intuitive web interface if you want to configure it as a router, a client, a bridge, or repeater. It's also easy to get back to the original configuration -- just use a pin to press the reset button! Nice if you've set it up for one place and just want to get it back to "normal" for next time.
* Easy to carry. I like to travel light -- but I don't have to think twice about putting this in my bag because it is so light. Being USB Powered is great too because the adaptor is small & light and the USB power adaptor could be used for other things when you're not using the TP-Link itself.
Take-away: Powerful, Easy to use, and Useful
** UPDATE (5/27/2013) ** My son is home for the summer and he said he had no problems with it. It just worked.
end of my home. Set it up as a bridge, which rebroadcasts my main router's signal using
a different SSID & password. Repeater mode works in a similar fashion except it uses the
same SSID and password as your main router.
Followed the instructions at TP-Link's website (google "how to configure bridge mode on
TL-WR702N") and had it set up in minutes. I even gave myself a high five. If you scroll
to the bottom of that website, instructions to the other modes are linked.
I've backed up my configuration, so when I take it with me on travels and switch modes, I
can quickly restore my settings when I return. I may order a second unit just to keep in
the travel bag.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got this for client mode so that I could put a zero client (no wifi) on a mobile cart that travels around a warehouse with several wireless access points. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jason C.
Your mileage will vary. Nicely packaged, inexpensive, and clear manual. Didn't work for me. Technical support tried its best but as far as actual help, it was waste of time. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Doug Adams
Has been useful for connecting older tech to my wifi as the main modem locks out anything below N and AC as to not cause throttling issues on the bandwidth as some devices in the... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Faelyn
It works perfectly but to set it up was a real dumb work. It didn't work not even connecting it directly with the printer, in the end I had to download a set up from internet and... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Pottone
We've deployed 20 of these in "Client" mode at work on the shop floor of a steel mill. They are working great so far, 2 weeks in, and are used for connecting NComputing... Read morePublished 6 days ago by P. Jarvi
Well packaged and works exactly as described. I was surprised to see how small it was when it arrived.Published 8 days ago by Jon
I bought this to use as in my travels overseas. Plug it into the hotel free Ethernet and you don't have to pay for WiFi. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Michael
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.