Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 406 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 442 reviews
on April 9, 2017
It broke. It lasted 8 months. I got it for $19 at the time.
That it functions and has a long length of use are important for such products.
It lasted for a shorter period of time than my cisco router which lasted years.
It is priced at $31 at the time of this writing.
Unless the price lowers again significantly, I suggest you look at a different router because it is not worth it having the router break and not having wireless internet for a few days while the next router comes in.

I suppose it wasn't that bad. At the time I bought it, routers were for some reason cheaper. I can't find a good sub $30 router these days unless the price was lowered recently. I think maybe I had a slightly faulty device such that it broke immediately.
And I'm sure this is the problem because I replaced the router and the other router worked immediately.
on November 11, 2015
If I could rate this a zero, I would. I went thru so much with the TP Link company. Not the Amazon seller. TP Link sent me THREE different router types and NONE of them worked. Starting the day after I bought it, I had to reset this stupid thing every time I came homw from work AND when I woke up in the morning. I had to get out of my bed, walk across my apartment and reset it every time I woke up in the morning instead of just being able to wake up and be lazy and work from my bed. It's a first world problem, I know, but super annoying none the less. Save your money and pay a little more for a decent router. Spent hours on the phone with their phone support. They could never give me a solution for ANY the routers they sent me. My apartment isn't huge and if their is a problem with apartments and all their routers, the they should certainly state that in their descriptions. I bought a $40 router and it works fine. Believe the bad reviews. I was trying to save a coin and I didn't.
on November 29, 2014
I have had this product for about 3 months now and so I can testify on its performance. I was attracted by how cheap it is and that the majority had good experiences with it. I have it in my apartment with 3 roommates and so it is used all day, every day.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

First of all, it was an easy install. If you've set up a router before before this will be no problem.

The product itself is small and low profile and appears to be well made.

PERFORMANCE:

This is where the router fell short for me. It is extremely unstable, working for a few hours and then requiring a reset to restore connection to my devices. Sometimes it will work for a few days without issue and other days it will not cooperate at all. This has nothing to do with the amount of traffic it is under either, as I have been alone in my apartment with just my laptop and phone connected to it and have still experienced problems.

I tried switching the location to a different room (we all have ethernet ports in our rooms) to see if my wall port was faulty. No change.

I am a college student and so I am always going back and forth between different wifi locations. This seems to aggravate the problem even more as I usually have to reset when going back to my apartment.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, this router has been frustrating. It works, but not very well. I will most likely be switching it for the next semester of school. At least it was cheap.
on August 3, 2014
This is an excellent entry level router for anyone that doesn't have a demanding household with multiple users who are streaming HD video streams, or gaming online all at the same time. For those users you would be best served with the 300 Mbps model.

Setup was a breeze with the included setup disc, and I was up and running in about five minutes. I get good coverage in most areas of my one bedroom apartment. I really like that it has the ability to have up to four SSID's should you have someone in your household that you don't want accessing the default network for some reason.

The only thing that keeps me from giving this router five stars, is wireless coverage could be a bit better, but that may be because it has an internal antenna. If you have a large home or apartment, I would suggest going with a model with an external antenna. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on May 5, 2016
Hi. I got this tp-link knowing it was not the latest or greatest. But guess what? It works as advertised, and that's all I wanted. I'm not a heavy user. At any one time, we may have a combo of two laptops/tablets/phones plus a fire stick going on at once. I have yet to have a problem. Set up was easy - it took less than 5 minutes. It was initially a bit disconcerting upon arrival as the outer box had a foreign language we don't speak. Also the instructions assumes you'll connect via a desktop and program via a cd (which is included) - obviously way dated. Thankfully, the instructions were in English and it provided how to activate without using the CD. Overall, I'm happy.
on February 21, 2015
Works great! I have suddenLink at 50mbps (though right now it's barely pushing 19mbps) so a simple 150mbps router really does the trick and will let me upgrade later. (I live in a very old town.) This connects all my game systems and innumerable hand-held devices very easily. The router software is super easy to use, and the set-up wizard is a breeze. I had a problem wherein if I reset my modem, my router wouldn't work (despite all the power cycling and rebooting) but changing the password fixed it. I probably have 10 things on here and the router handles it just fine.
Suddenlink wanted an extra 10 bucks a month for wifi that I couldn't even get in there to adjust. Boo! Boo Suddenlink! If you weren't the only connection in town I would have continued to shun you forever! But this fixed everything super cheap and easily.
on September 22, 2014
Really good value. Nice, sleek design. Easy set up for PC - not so much on a MAC. Luckily I have a back-up old PC laptop. Had it for at least 3 months now. No problems with it whatsoever. Good reach, even through brick walls! Good little router! Nice customer service on the other end of the line - although English is not their first language. Really good customer service.
on May 29, 2015
I'd give this router 10 stars if I could.

This was a small purchase that saved me big money. I bought this for a two-person office before I had Verizon FIOS installed, hoping that it work flawlessly. When the installation technician came, I told him I had my own router (Verizon wanted to sell me one for $199), and he said he had never seen this one but would give it a try. It worked like a champ from the get-go and has been completely fine from day one.

I have a feeling that the technicians know that the routers they provide, whether customers buy or rent them, are a lousy deal.

I saved a bunch of money and feel good every time I look at this pretty little white gizmo on the back of the desk.
on February 23, 2016
This is the worst router I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with on a daily basis. I constantly have to reset it just to get it to work properly. It finally and officially crapped out on my after a mere 18 months. Additionally, TP-Link's Customer Service is horrid. Their "24/7" service line is a joke and it is impossible to get through and actually speak to an agent. The previous times I have attempted to call the number, it either sounded off with a dial-up tone instead of ringing or rang indefinitely. Save yourself a world of trouble and get a slightly more expensive router the
on September 6, 2015
I've had this router for less than a year and I wish with all my heart that I had spent the extra money for another product. I've contacted customer support multiple times and even had them send a replacement unit, but the problem is still the same: the wireless signal is inconsistent at best. I can hardwire into the unit and get perfect internet connection, but the WiFi vacillates between steady for a period of time and completely (and unexpectedly) out. When it does go out, I'll change the settings more times than I can count, but it only works for a short amount of time. There's no winning with this product. Just spend the money and get a better router!!