|Item model number||Deco M5 2-Pack|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 4.7 x 1.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.72 x 4.72 x 1.5 inches|
TP-Link Deco M5 IEEE 802.11ac 1.27 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point
To access this option, go to Your Orders and choose Get product support.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- “If you're looking to ditch your traditional router-extender setup for a whole-home Wi-Fi system, put the TP-Link Deco M5 Wi-Fi System on your short list” — PC Mag.com
- Unlike traditional routers that can cause dead zones and buffering, Deco M5 uses three units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 3,800 sq. ft. and keep up to 100 devices connected at the same time
- Rather than range extenders that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming from room to room, with a single network name and password
- TP-Link's unique Adaptive Routing Technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system
- Easy setup—download the TP-Link Deco app, plug in your system, and follow the instructions to get your new home network up and running in minutes
- Comprehensive antivirus powered by Trend Micro helps protect your personal information and IoT devices (free 3-year subscription). You can also prioritize each device, filter internet content and pause the WiFi for your children
- Deco M5 is perfect for internet plans up to 500 Mbps and works with any internet service provider (ISP) and modem
- J.D. Power ranked TP-Link "Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers" in 2017
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Strong, Seamless Wi-Fi Across Your Home
Whether you have a one-floor ranch-style home or a two-story Victorian, Deco M5 keeps you connected in every room. Both Deco units can be placed exactly where you need them to deliver up to 3,800 sq. ft. of strong, fast Wi-Fi from the corner bedroom to the backyard.
With two units, Deco M5 supports far more devices than a single Wi-Fi router and easily eliminates dead zones and buffering throughout your home.
One Wi-Fi Network with the Best Connections
Deco M5 keeps you connected in every room without you having to switch networks or remember different passwords. And with TP-Link Adaptive Routing Technology, Deco M5 automatically finds the best connection for every device. Now, you can move across your home and always have strong Wi-Fi.
Guides You Through Setup
With your phone and the Deco app, you can set up your network in minutes. Just follow the app to find the best spot to place each unit and enjoy great Wi-Fi anywhere in your home.
Comprehensive Wi-Fi Security and Antivirus
Deco M5 guards your Wi-Fi and personal information against incoming cyber threats. Deco M5 also protects every device, including Wi-Fi cameras and smart locks, from viruses and malware.
Keep the internet safe and fun for your kids. Create profiles for each person and use existing filters or set your own to automatically block websites. Plus, see which sites they’re using, set time limits and even pause the internet with the Deco app.
World's #1 Wi-Fi Company*
For seven straight years,* TP-Link has been the world's number one provider of Wi-Fi products. Last year, we shipped over 80 million products* around the globe.
Anchored by a research team of nearly 900 engineers and distinguished by our vertically integrated manufacturing, we design and build innovative, top-quality products at affordable prices.
*According to IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q3 2017 Release.
TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (2-Pack) - Replace WiFi Router and Range Extenders, Simple Setup, Works with Amazon Alexa, Up to 3,800 sq. ft. Coverage (M5)
• Unlike traditional routers that can cause dead zones and buffering, Deco M5 uses three units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 3,800 sq. ft. and keep up to 100 devices connected at the same time.
• Rather than range extenders that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming from room to room, with a single network name and password.
• TP-Link's unique Adaptive Routing Technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system.
• Easy setup—download the TP-Link Deco app, plug in your system, and follow the instructions to get your new home network up and running in minutes.
• Comprehensive antivirus powered by Trend Micro helps protect your personal information and IoT devices (free 3-year subscription). You can also prioritize each device, filter internet content and pause the WiFi for your children.
• Remotely manage your network from anywhere with the Deco app.
• Deco M5 is perfect for internet plans up to 500 Mbps and works with any internet service provider (ISP) and modem.
• Enjoy industry-leading support with a 2-year warranty and 24/7 unlimited technical support
Showing 1-5 of 211 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The router itself is a disc shape with a 4.5 inch diameter, and is white in color. We have the second unit sitting on the fireplace mantel in our bedroom and easily blends in. It could also easily be covered. There is a single green led on the top of the unit, but the app does offer a Night Mode to turn off the light at night if it is not wanted, or you can choose to turn it off all the time. Each of the three disc are identical in size. The one you choose to attach to your modem becomes the “main” one.
When comparing this brand to others, look at the specs carefully. This is not the fastest mesh network available, but it has plenty of speed to match our service speed (300 Mbps). We have several IoT devices (Hue bulbs, Wemo switches, 3 Echos, HomePod) along with phones, tablets, computers, printer, TV/video streaming, security system, and video surveillance. The setup was very easy, and I’m happy with the app. If you have children, there are substantial parental controls available, including limiting amount of time of internet access, when access is available, blocking types of websites or specific sites (I wish I would have had these options when my kids were teens). There is no web setup for the router(s), so you do need some type of mobile device (I used iOS, so I can only speak to that version of the app). The app also offers settings for IPv6, address reservation, port forwarding, DDNS, and VLAN. The only other drawback I see is that there are only two networking ports on each disc. On the “main” disc, one will be used to connect to your modem. So if you need more than one item with a wired connection to the router, you will need a switch.
So far, I feel like the Deco system offers a great price/performance combination, as we got this for under $170 on sale. As of August 2018 there are several highly rated mesh networking options on the market at the moment. This one meets our needs and performance expectations at a wallet friendly price point. My recommendation is to know your needs, and pick a system that prioritizes them.
I saw some older reviews where it said that some features like port forwarding weren't supported yet, but due to software updates that is no longer true. It seems as though TP-link cares enough to listen to concerns and actually fix these issues unlike my previous router.
The only thing that I was kind of disappointed about was the priority controls. It seems like if you set one computer as the priority, everything else drops to like 0.1Mbps. I was watching a show on Amazon on the prioritized computer and it was running fine, but when I went to IMDB something on my phone, It was taking forever; I have 100mbps internet so this shouldn't have been a problem. It seems like it just a little too aggressive with the prioritization. I liked the idea of the prioritization but I don't think it's executed very well so I just put it on the default standard mode.
Set up couldn't be much simpler, and it's great to have another layer of protection from viruses and malware. The iOS management app is good and gives you a level of visibility and control that is better than other routers I've worked with. You can even do a remote reboot of the system as I recently did when the FBI advised to do so.
One more great thing about these -- every unit includes two Ethernet jacks. Not all of the mesh systems include an Ethernet jack on every unit.