TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System – Up to 5,500 Sq.ft. Coverage, WiFi Router/Extender Replacement, Gigabit Ports, Seamless Roaming, Parental Controls, Works with Alexa(Deco M4 3-Pack)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Better Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco M4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5, 500 sq. ft. No Dead Zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- Incredibly fast AC1200 speeds makes the deco capable of providing connectivity for up to 100 devices
- With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds
- Robust Parental Controls: Limit online time and block inappropriate websites according to unique profiles created for each family member. Easy to keep your children safe while they’re online
- Setup is a breeze with the Deco app available on your Android or iOS device. Turn on/off guest WiFi with Alexa voice commands
- Industry leading 2 year and 24/7 technical Support
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition. MU-MIMO capability requires both the mesh system and client devices to support MU-MIMO.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fast and Seamless WiFi throughout Your Home
Get fast and seamless WiFi throughout your home. 3 Deco M4 units work together to create a single network that provides coverage up to 5,500 sq. ft, so you can keep your devices connected even as you move around. Enjoy smooth streaming and gaming from your bedroom to your backyard with no additional work.
Keep your family safe and devices secure with advanced WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption, parental controls and guest access.
Robust Parental Controls
Limit online time and block inappropriate contents for each family member, and pause WiFi on kids’ devices, like during dinner or bedtime.
Create a Guest Network
Set up separate WiFi profiles for guests and share the password to make it easier for them to hop online.
Manage your Deco at home or away using the Deco app. Check connected devices, pause the internet and more.
*Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE standard 802. 11 Specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not , and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- I have a 2500 Square Foot Home
- 3 Floors
- Verizon FIOS at one end of the house and bad internet at the back end.
- How I set it up, you need to connect one to your main router (Pictured, Note: Once all is connected, you will want to disable your Routers internal WIFI, there is a such thing as too much WIFI)
- Then I hooked one up down in the basement and connected it directly to the PS4 (The PS4 non-pro model only supports a 2.4GHz signal, so hooking this up directly to it with a WAN make it like it's god a 5GHz LAN Connection)
- The last one I hooked up in the Master Bedroom.
- Overall I made a Triangle of WIFI.
- Setup overall was simple, plugged the main unit into my Router Directly.
- Downloaded the TP-Link app, and took under a minute for it to detect.
- You need to sign up for TP-Link account
- It created a secondary Network, so most routers do 192.168.1.1. This will make another which you can change. This is important to know because if you are using any devices with a Static address (Like a Network / Wireless Printer or even a Home Desktop, you IP Scheme is going to change)
- Also and VERY important, if you leave it create the 2nd VLAN, for Alot of at home devices it won't matter, but if you Work from Home and you need to connect thru VPN, your VPN will no longer work. Why you ask, this network you've create is now a "Double-NAT". VPN will not work through this type of setup, so you need to create "Flat Network" if you use and need VPN for work.
- We have 4 Kids, and like 25 overall devices and I notice blazing speeds no matter the scenario of who was using what.
- the pS4 is the biggest factor, so if there is say a 15GB Game Download or Update, it would have normally have told us it could take several hours to download (Again, PS4 only supports 2.4GHz unless you bought the PSPro). Now with it getting 5GHz and a Direct LAN / Cable connection, my test went from 5-6 hours to 12 - 15 minutes for this large file.
The biggest pain for me in this was well, ALEXA! This has NOTHING to do with the performance of the TP-Link at all. We have 6 Alexa Speakers and a few smart Plugs. There is no way in the Alexa app to mass change the WIFI Network or Password, you need to basically go around to each device and almost set them up like they are new. The Speakers set back up pretty easily, but the plugs, the app treated them as new Plugs, not existing and I needed to re-do all our Alexa Routines.
I would highly recommend this Mesh WIFI for a home, but like me, if you have some smart home devices (Alexa, Security Cameras, Nest Thermostat), just be prepared to redo all those devices as if they just came out of the box.
The system has been working great, it get the job done.
Again, it gets the job done. The system doesn't come with a lot of functions, and the parent control doesn't work all the time, but it's great for the money.
--Updated on 11/4/2019:
Parent control is unreliable. Not recommended.
--Updated on 9/6/2019:
Customer service emailed back. Claimed there are "devices limitations", each profile should have less than 16 devices. We only have 3 devices. Still waiting for the solutions.
--Updated on 8/29/2019:
We finally registered the product. Opened a ticket. The product stopped working. When we tried to "Pause" the internet on the mobile app, it doesn't work.
When it shows "paused", actually not paused.
When It shows "unpaused", it actually paused.
We try to register this product so we can get the warranty. TP-Link won't let us register the product. Showing: "Product Not Found. Please Contact Support at (866) 225-8139"
Called the number, they claimed they "manually" added the serial number to their system. And asked me to wait for their email, before get any warranty service. Not email show up yet. Will keep updating.
Why you should NOT buy this:
1. Parent Control not working. It tracks all the traffics and sum them up all together to calculate "Screen Time". Example: you open one website for 1 minutes, the website makes connections to 4 other URLs, it counts 4 minutes. If you do one hour screen time, this device counts it more than 3 times. Very misleading. Besides the basic "time out" function, the other Parent Control functions not working, or I don't know how to use them.
2. Streaming got issues. We have two TVs connections, the streaming lags poorly if we use two TVs at the same time. We don't know which TV connects to which node, but keep buffering/lagging. We don't know what's the issue.
3. Management interfaces. User is not allowed to assign devices to Mesh nodes. Actually user doesn't know which nodes it connects and won't able to pick. Maybe the Mesh is "auto pick the best signal", we still want to see which devices connecting to which Mesh nodes at any given time. Unfortunately, this Mesh doesn't show it. It does NOT come with a website to manage, only the phone app.
4. Bottom line:
--If all you want is to boost the speed, this is good value product.
--If you want to see the activities, or any management features, don't buy this product.
For the price, it's a good buy. I will keep it. However, I will NOT recommend this to my friends.
Top reviews from other countries
So far I have nothing but good things to report about the M4! I picked them up for my parent's house because they are nearing retirement and wanted to have WiFi out on their back patio. WiFi from their old router was like your least favourite co-worker, the WiFi was "there"... it just didn't do anything. Solution: mesh WiFi.
This unit was the perfect solution to their spotty home WiFi problem. We set the M4 up on 2 floors: 1 in the living room upstairs, 1 in the office, and one downstairs by a window closest to the patio. Together they are positioned in an equilateral triangle with 10m sides which has given performed flawlessly.
What I LOVED:
- easy setup
- seamless coverage
- faster speeds (compared to the old router which was not delivering what they were paying for)
- no more random signal drops
What I don't like:
- I really, really, really wish you could wrap the cables below the unit. I wish they would have hollowed out the bottom of the unit so you could wrap the cables to the perfect length.
I'll update this if anything changes but so far this thing is a home run!