|Part Number||HS210 KIT|
|Item Weight||14.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.3 x 5.1 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||HS210 KIT|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
|Included Components||Qty 2 - HS210, 2 Wall Plates, 4 Mounting Screws, 4 Wire Nuts, Quick Start Guide|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium|
|Warranty Description||2 years|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kasa 3 Way Smart Switch Kit by TP-Link, Wi-Fi Light Switch works with Alexa and Google Home, Neutral Wire Required, No Hub Required, UL Certified, 2-Pack(HS210 KIT)
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.3 x 5.1 x 2.8 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. For non-dimmable lights, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection required
- 3-way or single pole: Using it as 3-way or single pole switch to control the light from 1 or 2 locations to replace your traditional 3-way switch. Best for top and bottom of a staircase or from house to garage etc
- Control from anywhere & voice control: Monitor your lights status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation. Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you're home or away. Enable ’away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use. 2-year warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart 3-way Lighting Control
The HS210 Smart Switch KIT makes it easy to replace traditional 3-way switches commonly found in living rooms, hallways, or stairways where two switches control the same light. The HS210 KIT includes 2 smart switches specially designed to work together with 3-way switch wiring. Simply replicate the wiring from old switches and the KIT will take care of the rest.
What is a neutral wire?
A neutral wire allows Kasa switch to be powered while simultaneously allowing the lighting circuit connected to your lights to be power off.
Easy 3-way Switch Replacement
The Kasa app provides a step-by-step guide through the installation and connecting them to your home Wi-Fi network. There’s no need to be an expert on complex switch wiring or master vs. auxiliary smart switch settings.
Control Your Lights from Anywhere
Once connected, the HS210 can be conveniently controlled from anywhere using the Kasa app. As part of TP-Link’s whole home smart lighting, the HS210 KIT gives you the right light ambience along with smart plugs and smart bulbs. You can control all of your home lighting with just a tap on your phone screen.
Personalized Control for Peace of Mind
Use the HS210 KIT to automatically control fixtures based on your daily schedule and preferences. The smart switch can even adjust automatically to sunset and sunrise times. Away Mode helps improve home security by switching lights on and off for a lived-in look while you’re away.
App Guided Installation & Setup
1. Download Kasa for Mobile from App Store or Google Play store.
2. Launch Kasa and follow the wiring steps provided.
3. Connect your mobile device to Home Wi-Fi network.
4. Connect the Smart Switch to your home network.
Control with Your Voice
The smart switch works directly with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to manage your devices through voice control. Assign a name to each smart switch and communicate each Switch by name when making a voice command. You can also create a group for all your smart devices and control them all with one command.
One App for All
The Kasa app works with all TP-Link smart home devices, allowing you to easily control your home from any Android or iOS device (Compatible with iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.1 or higher).
No Hub Required
The HS210 KIT works with any Wi-Fi router without the need for a separate hub or paid subscription service.
World’s #1 Consumer Wi-Fi Brand*
Nearly half the people in the world who use Wi-Fi networking products use TP-Link. With over 150,000 products shipped daily, substantial investment in research and development, and meticulous in-house design, manufacturing and testing, we’re proud to be the world leader in Wi-Fi.
*According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q3 2016 Final Release.
Compare with similar items
The HS210 Smart Switch Kit makes it easy to replace traditional 3 way switches commonly found in living rooms, halls, or stairways where 2 switches control the same light. The HS210 kit includes 2 smart switches specially designed to work together with 3 way switch wiring. There’s no need to be an expert on complex 3 way switch wiring or confusing master vs. auxiliary smart switch settings. The Kasa app guides you through each step of the installation, connecting to your home Wi Fi, and providing control from anywhere. For convenient hands free controls it easily connects with Amazon Echo or Google Assistant voice assistants. Protocols supported: IEEE 802.11b/g/n; System requirement: Android 4.1 or higher iOS 9.0 or higher; Wireless type: 2.4GHz 1T1R.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To do this setup just replace one of the 3-way switches in the circuit and do the app setup as usual. When prompted to do the setup on the 2nd switch in the circuit just keep pressing done ✅ as if you had followed the instructions. This will complete the setup and allow you to use the app to control your 3 or 4-way circuits just like any other TP-Link devices. Repeat the previous steps with the 2nd switch in the package and BOOM.... you are done. If having matching switches is more important to you than saving hundreds of dollars, please disregard this post. Good luck.
The HS210 3-way switch kit was very easy to install using the Kasa app. It walks you through the step by step installation all the way down to reminding you to take a picture of all labeled wires before you disconnect the old switches. Configuration to your Wifi network is a breeze, just like their standard single pole smart switch. Obviously, there are a few more steps involved given it sets up both switches within the same process, one at a time. I have lots of practice using their setup app so it only took 10 mins tops to compete.
I installed it in the same switch box together with a single pole TP Link switch and will say that it’s a challenge to get everything to fit. Extra wires along with the large backs on these things make for little room. I didn’t connect the ground wires to save some space, just cut it short and taped it off.
My only complaint is that the white circle light on the switch itself is dimmer than the standard switches so if you’re picky like me it doesn’t look uniform, especially if installed next to each other.
I’ll be purchasing these sets for the rest of my 3-ways. Definitely happy with the product!!
First picture attached is next to a single pole TP-Link and second is next to standard switch (not a smart switch).
I'm happy to confirm that these work wonderfully and are just like the original HS200's. They're easy to install and setup! One thing I was concerned about when I was going to install them was that I was going to need to replace all of the 3-way switches with the HS210's. This isn't necessary!!! You can replace only one of the 3-way switches with a HS210 and receive all the benefits of a smart house! For example, you can replace one 3-way switch with a HS210 and leave the other switch alone. The Kasa app and Google Home or Alexa will be able to turn the light on and off. The other physical switch will still allow you to do the same. The Kasa app will update too when the old physical switch is toggled! I was amazed at how seamless it was!
The main reason I want to write this review is to provide another data point in the "Do you have to install both switches" question. Unfortunately, I DID have to install both switches. My circuit has two 3-way switches with two 4-way switches similar to SJ's review.
When I initially just installed one, the actual switch worked fine to toggle the lights on and off, but the switches and the app never knew the state of the lights. I figured this because the light on the switch was always on, which seems to indicate that it always thought the lights were off. More importantly, the app only toggled the lights on/off every other press. Basically, the lights would only respond (turn on or off) when the app thinks it's turning the lights on. If the app thinks it's turning the lights off, nothing happened. Finally, I could only toggle the lights on/off by telling Alexa to turn the lights on. Asked Alexa to turn the lights off did nothing.
Anyway, everything is working perfectly now that I'm using them as designed. Just wanted to provide more information for possible buyers.
The best part is that I only needed to install one of these on a circuit. So, I will use the other one on a different circuit.
Instructions on mobile app are clear and easy to follow.
Works well with Alexa
The switch only works in one position. It's not a rocker switch. Plus the tactile feeling is odd. It doesn't feel like a switch when you touch it.
It's "beefy". It takes up a lot of room. So, it's not easy to push it into the box when finished.
I am giving five stars because I intend to buy more!
Top reviews from other countries
In my photo, one black cable was hot (the line) and that’s connected to the black screw labelled line/load. The other black and the red are the travellers. On my other circuit the travellers were red and white. Some tips...
1) Install both to control the same lighy only if having matching switches is important. They look very similar to the switches I already had, so this wasn’t important for me at all. You absolutely only need to use one smart switch per circuit.
2) Power only goes to one light switch. I installed them on the switch that had a power coming to it.
3) You can find which one has power (is hot) by disconnecting all cables from both switches, and use a multimeter to test each cable. Only one, on one side, will be hot. It’s best to turn the breaker off before detaching the switches, and then turn it back on to find the hot one. It should be one of the black ones.
4) To be sure which are the two travelers, again with the breaker off, you can use a wire or something to connect all of the cables together in the box with the hot cable, then go over to the other side and again use the multimetre and both travellers will be hot.
5) The cable on the other side that is not hot at this point will be the one that goes off to the load, which in this case are the lights. It will probably also be black.
6) Back in the box with the hot cable coming from the breaker, connect the hot wire to the black screw of the smart switch, and the two travellers to the two travellers screws.
7) This could’ve been tip one, but you need a neutral to connect to or it won’t work. This is required so there is a circuit always delivering some power to control the electronics in the smart switch. It will work if you connect neutral to ground, but this is not recommended at all. Connecting the ground to the ground is optional, but recommended.
8) Reconnect all cables to the original dumb switch on the other side. The load should connect to its black screw. If it has a neutral, and you want to use both smart switches on the same circuit, then go right ahead.
9) Take a couple of clear pictures of both switches BEFORE disconnecting any cables so you can be sure to put it back as it was. You could’ve also added labels (included in the box) as you confirmed what each cable was.
10) When setting it up in the app, after you have configured the smart switch following the instructions, just click next/done a couple times to tell it you did the other one, on the other side, when you actually didn’t.
11) Install the second switch on another 3way circuit of your choice
12) To work with Google Home/Alexa, you need to turn on remote control in the device settings using the Kasa app. This is because Google talks to your TP link account in the cloud to control the lights.
Final note: It really is too bad they don’t sell these in packages with only one for people who might want to only install one on a single circuit . Their included information could also clarify that each switch could be used on separate circuits. I hope these tips help someone.
There was a wonderful review on the Amazon US site pointing out that you don't need a unit on both ends of a 3-way circuit. I can also confirm that one unit will do, which means that you can use the 2 pack to smart-ify two different 3-way circuits.
Very pleased with the purchase.
Kasa plugs do the same thing. I thought initially before I bought the switches that just the plugs had that issue, I thought wrong. The switches also drop connection from time to time.
I won't buy kasa again. They work great when they are connected, but if they disconnect its a pain to go reset each one (and not possible if you are away). Lutron has never had this issue, wish I paid the extra and just install their remotes and make my own three way switches...
Best part is, the switch doesn’t move up or down, on or off, you just have to “tap” the switch to turn it on or off.
You can even control it with your Google Home system or Alexia. I confirmed that by testing in my house and Google Hone can turn on and off my lights.
A good buy for sure.