Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TP-LINK UC100 USB Cradle
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Price:$11.85+ Free shipping

on July 24, 2012
I originally purchased this to go with a TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter but ended up using it with a Belkin F7D2102 N300 Micro Wireless N USB Adapter instead. Long story short the wireless TP-Link adapter wasn't reliable but the cradle was so I kept it and am using it with the wireless Belkin adapter. Not really much to say about this cradle other than the fact it has a dense foam underneath the base to prevent it from sliding around. The cradle is very light and not weighted like some others but the base is wide which helps with stability. So why a cradle? Well one of the benefits is placement flexibility, for example instead of plugging a wireless network USB adapter into the back of the computer you could place it elsewhere helping reception and/or allows you to see the adapter's activity light. Also keep in mind this cradle could be used with any USB device not just Wi-Fi adapters so if you have your computer on the ground like many people or in the corner somewhere this may be quite handy. It allows you to put it on your desk which makes it very convenient for use with removable storage devices such as portable hard disk drives and flash drives.

Update: Still works great...currently using it with a TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 Dual Band Wireless N600 USB Adapter
on December 4, 2012
I ordered this to use with the TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter. Both work much better than I expected I needed something to replace the old WiFi dongle I have been using for 4 or 5 years. It's nice to be able to position the receiver and antenna for convenience.
on January 18, 2013
The wifi adaptor I was using required an extention wire.
Without the cradle it often fell to the floor. Now it stays where I put it.
I would recommend this item.
on September 3, 2015
This provides a great mounting option for USB wifi adapters. I used this in conjunction with this item: Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter with High Gain Antenna - Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/2008r2/2012r2, Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, CentOS, Zorin, Kali Linux and Raspbian Wheezy and it provided a great combination for upgrading my desktop for wireless connection. Much better than running CAT5 all over the house!
on October 9, 2015
This cradle is a great compliment to its wireless USB adapter. It helps give range and direction that can enhance signal reception for my laptop where fixed or limited position cannot, for me. It helps if I am in a cramped space too. Easy to roll up and put it laptop case or put aside.
on January 31, 2016
Works great with my Gateway Windows 7 computer and Belkin N300 Micro Wireless N USB adapter. Very fast downloads with my Linksys EA6500 dual band router. Allows placement of the Belkin Wireless N adapter in an optimal location for better signal strength.
on July 6, 2016
Enables me to plug in my Wifi adapter w/o taking up space of two USB ports. Plugged into my USB 3.0 port and other port is not blocked (Adapter itself is wide and would block the adjacent USB port). Plus, it's attactive when used with the TP-LINK AC600 Adapter.
on January 7, 2014
You might think to yourself, "How different can an $8 USB cradle be?". This one is perfect! Every cradle that came with any other Wi-Fi USB adapter I've ever owned was a piece of junk. You either had to "tape" it down (some came with adhesive, some didn't), or you had to put something heavy on the cable to hold it in place. This cradle is excellent. It has a nice wide base to keep it put without having to tape or hold it down.
on November 28, 2013
I bought this to supplement the TP-LINK TL-WN821N Wireless N300 USB Adapter I bought a few months earlier. With that product one has to plug the adapter into the USB port of the device which depending on the device can be in a awkward area. With this accessory I can insert into a laptop or desktop (that doesn't have WiFi) and then the adapter into it and place it further away.
on May 21, 2014
This unit has a slightly larger base compared to others of its type. In this way, the wind won't blow it over so much if I place it on a car rooftop. The cord is long enough to do this.

I thought that if I wanted to put even a larger antenna on it and needed a larger base, I could glue it to a plastic plate which would increase the base size. But if all I am going to do with it is put a USB adapter in it, you don't need to do that. You would only do that if you were putting in one of those 9db antennas in the adapter which is in turn placed into this USB cradle. This is only a cradle, not the complete wifi adapter you understand.

The base has a soft rubber insert. This is soft enough to prevent the unit from sliding around.

So, the way I use it is to increase reception while I am seated in a car. I can put it on a dashboard where it won't slip around; or put it on the car rooftop.

I recommend it.