Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

on February 22, 2016
Ordered this router and a wired router for my home, I have multiple desk tops that are all hooked up to a wired connection and the wireless router is in my main living-room with all my entertainment equipment. this allows me to have all my entertainment equipment that has an Ethernet port to be hooked to a fast router using a direct wired connection and the wireless is only supporting our tablets, smartphones, and laptops. This greatly improves the speed of all of my connections and takes the load away from the wireless connection. Wireless connection on this router is moderately fast. Faster then 60 to 70 percent of the routers that are out there, this is probably double the speed of all the entry level low end routers. Great speed for the price.

I also got tired of tossing perfectly good routers just because the wireless has gone out on the router. This way when the wireless goes out on my wireless router, most of the computers and entertainment devices are still going to work, and I can take a little more time selecting another wireless router to replace the broken one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2015
It's a nice little starter for the Dual Band WiFi world. Frankly, the faster stuff is way too expensive in my opinion. The TP-LINK Archer C2 AC750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router was relatively easy to install. I'm a tech, so I really shouldn't be telling people how easy it is to install this. It's been installed and working for 8 months now without any unusual problems. I have much more expensive and faster Dual Band equipment that still drops the signal occasionally. The only reason that I switched to using dual-band wireless was because of problems with signal interference from living in a multi-unit building. The interference is still there if you get a more advanced or faster wireless router so I really can't take any stars off if the router drops now and then.
Overall, a good Dual Band wireless router at a decent price.

PS Don't forget to make sure the wireless devices are also compatible with dual band or else you won't be transferring data at top speed.
PPS - If you no longer use anything other than wireless-N, you can greatly increase the stability and speed by having the router serve only wireless-N devices.
on May 2, 2017
This router was super-easy to set up and get running in less than 15 minutes from unboxing to having a Wi-Fi network. The quick start instructions were straightforward and the accompanying software configured everything I needed to install the router onto my DSL modem. Finally, we have a good Wi-Fi connection in our home! The modem/router that came with our Frontier DSL account is a piece of junk, particularly when it comes to Wi-Fi; we lost our connection at least twice each day! This router represents a good value, particularly for a dual-band Wi-Fi device.
on June 28, 2017
Very fast router. I was using a wireless N router before from Rosewell for 6 years. I upgraded to this for the gigabit ports. I was also wanting to connect my printer in the USB port, but found out, only specific printers will work with the router, and my 8+ old printer was not on the list to work, so I had to plug it into my PC, no problem though. If I would have done more research on the printer server, I would have given it 5 stars, but I was a little saddened only certain models work.
on July 19, 2015
I have gone through 3 Netgear WND4500 routers each one with issues. One just bricked, tried to flash the firmware to reinstall and nothing. Read review after review on how to do that, and just got nothing when I tried to ping the router. Returned it and got a second one and set it up and it worked fine, except that the 5ghs would drop the signal and I would have to power off the router then power it back on. After two months of that, I returned it and tried a third one because I wanted the simultaneous dual band. Well the third one did the same thing as the second one, and after reading some reviews from CNET as well as Amazon and Bestbuy, I realized it was a common issue. Decided I would just try this cheap $50 dollar one and have had NO, ZERO, ZILCH, issues running both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz band at the same time. I have my Samsung/LG tablets and phones on the 5ghz and the computers on 2.4ghz and it hasn't even hit any speed bumps, this thing is awesome. I even have my WD passport HD plugged into it so I can back up all of my photos from my computers on it....I will say though, it is REALLLLLY slow doing that. I have found it is much faster to just plug it into the computer and back up the photos via the USB 3.0 ports on the computers.

* to the title - I only paid $150 dollars once for the Netgear, the other two times it was on sale for $100
on August 18, 2016
Bought this because it has a guest network and the other TP link router didn't. Yes, this is my 2nd TP link router. However...I have to do a factory reset about 3-4 time a week because it will disconnect from WAN and wont reconnect in anyway unless I factory default reset and start from the beginning. This means time time time I don't have. GRRRRR. I have spent countless hours on the phone as well as with techs in my home from my local internet provider thinking it was on their end. I called TP link and couldn't even understand the tech because I assume I was speaking to someone in the Philippians! If we have a power glitch, the wind blows too hard, or the sun is shinning bright, I have to do the reset. Very Very frustrating!
on April 25, 2016
Used this to replace a 3 year old linksys Cisco unit that was failing. Was easy to setup. Used in conjunction with tplink 16 port gigabit router connected all our devices instantly all our wired devices had internet, on one occasion went to the router configure, set a couple of wireless passwords, 1 for the 2.4 one for the 5, enabled the guest account and we were set. On wireless we were lucky to be getting 2-3mbs download speed on out 10mbs connection with the old unit, had 3 successful tests all over 15mbs today. Also aside from our printers, now our network is completely running at gigabit speeds which helped with moving and opening files. So far the only con is that I can not mount it on a wall, the did not include a bracket or holes in the unit to hang it unlike other units..
on November 13, 2016
It is what it says it is.

I have a desktop and a laptop. I have been using the wireless router from the cable company that is in a different room from my desk. (It also services the entertainment center so I don't want to move it.) My desktop computer needed to be hard-wired for the ethernet so I added this router downstream of the cable company's router so I could plug in. What's nice is that my laptop downloads at about 27 Mbps on wireless and about 57 Mbps plugged in, which is the same speed as the desktop! So, I not only got to hook up my desktop computer but I also have a faster option for my laptop if/when I'm updating things.

The upload speeds are identical whether wired or wireless, at about 5.75 Mbps for my residential service.

Since I didn't buy it to add to or replace the wireless function of the cable company's router I have not installed or tested the wireless function of this router. I would hazard a guess that it will work just fine, though, since all I had to do to use it on either computer was plug it in and start using it. No set-up, no fuss, no muss.
on July 10, 2016
This router has terrible 5Ghz range see the photo, my router is named Mix i was setting 9 feet from it but my neighbors Cisco router has a better single. My room is about 30 feet from it and the single is crap and my phone will some times lose the connection I have had this route for 4 months and have need to reset it 3 times as it will drop its connection.

The only good thing about this router is its lights are on the top and are very dim so you don't see them unless you are standing over it. (my router sits on my TV stand)

***update 11-24-16 *** moved from 3 stars to 1 just replaced this with a Net gear nighthawk its worth the money this thing is is junk
review image
on April 25, 2016
Over the course of its service life to date, this router has been a good-news/bad-news sandwich.

Good News: Worked great for a year or so and for the year it did work the guest access was great, the admin control panel was fairly intuitive and surprisingly versatile and powerful.

Bad News: Then it went sideways. TP-LINK's support did make a good faith effort, but changing settings could not correct the underlying hardware failure. I think ultimately I was just asking it to route too much traffic between too many devices (mostly wired with a few wireless) and eventually "burned it out".

(Sort of) Good News: It didn't prove a complete loss even after it stopped working as intended, as I eventually was able to bring it back into service by disabling DHCP and re-configuring it as an LAN-isolated (guest) Wifi access point.

Based on the traffic I was trying to move across this poor (now broken) router, I decided to replace it with something a smidgen closer to an enterprise router and got a TP-LINK TL-R600VPN Gigabit Broadband VPN Router, 1 Gigabit WAN port + 4 Gigabit LAN ports, Supports IPsec, PPTP, L2TP VPN Tunnels and a TP-Link TL-WA901ND 300Mbps Advanced Wireless N Access Point with Three 4dBi Detachable Antenna, 2.4 to 2.48GHz Frequency for non-Guest Wifi access. This new setup has proven (so far) well up to the traffic demands.