Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All is Bright STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 20, 2015
It's a nice little starter for the Dual Band WiFi world. Frankly, the faster stuff is way too expensive in my opinion. The TP-LINK Archer C2 AC750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router was relatively easy to install. I'm a tech, so I really shouldn't be telling people how easy it is to install this. It's been installed and working for 8 months now without any unusual problems. I have much more expensive and faster Dual Band equipment that still drops the signal occasionally. The only reason that I switched to using dual-band wireless was because of problems with signal interference from living in a multi-unit building. The interference is still there if you get a more advanced or faster wireless router so I really can't take any stars off if the router drops now and then.
Overall, a good Dual Band wireless router at a decent price.

PS Don't forget to make sure the wireless devices are also compatible with dual band or else you won't be transferring data at top speed.
PPS - If you no longer use anything other than wireless-N, you can greatly increase the stability and speed by having the router serve only wireless-N devices.
on May 2, 2017
This router was super-easy to set up and get running in less than 15 minutes from unboxing to having a Wi-Fi network. The quick start instructions were straightforward and the accompanying software configured everything I needed to install the router onto my DSL modem. Finally, we have a good Wi-Fi connection in our home! The modem/router that came with our Frontier DSL account is a piece of junk, particularly when it comes to Wi-Fi; we lost our connection at least twice each day! This router represents a good value, particularly for a dual-band Wi-Fi device.
on June 28, 2017
Very fast router. I was using a wireless N router before from Rosewell for 6 years. I upgraded to this for the gigabit ports. I was also wanting to connect my printer in the USB port, but found out, only specific printers will work with the router, and my 8+ old printer was not on the list to work, so I had to plug it into my PC, no problem though. If I would have done more research on the printer server, I would have given it 5 stars, but I was a little saddened only certain models work.
on July 19, 2015
I have gone through 3 Netgear WND4500 routers each one with issues. One just bricked, tried to flash the firmware to reinstall and nothing. Read review after review on how to do that, and just got nothing when I tried to ping the router. Returned it and got a second one and set it up and it worked fine, except that the 5ghs would drop the signal and I would have to power off the router then power it back on. After two months of that, I returned it and tried a third one because I wanted the simultaneous dual band. Well the third one did the same thing as the second one, and after reading some reviews from CNET as well as Amazon and Bestbuy, I realized it was a common issue. Decided I would just try this cheap $50 dollar one and have had NO, ZERO, ZILCH, issues running both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz band at the same time. I have my Samsung/LG tablets and phones on the 5ghz and the computers on 2.4ghz and it hasn't even hit any speed bumps, this thing is awesome. I even have my WD passport HD plugged into it so I can back up all of my photos from my computers on it....I will say though, it is REALLLLLY slow doing that. I have found it is much faster to just plug it into the computer and back up the photos via the USB 3.0 ports on the computers.

* to the title - I only paid $150 dollars once for the Netgear, the other two times it was on sale for $100
on August 18, 2016
Bought this because it has a guest network and the other TP link router didn't. Yes, this is my 2nd TP link router. However...I have to do a factory reset about 3-4 time a week because it will disconnect from WAN and wont reconnect in anyway unless I factory default reset and start from the beginning. This means time time time I don't have. GRRRRR. I have spent countless hours on the phone as well as with techs in my home from my local internet provider thinking it was on their end. I called TP link and couldn't even understand the tech because I assume I was speaking to someone in the Philippians! If we have a power glitch, the wind blows too hard, or the sun is shinning bright, I have to do the reset. Very Very frustrating!
on April 25, 2016
Used this to replace a 3 year old linksys Cisco unit that was failing. Was easy to setup. Used in conjunction with tplink 16 port gigabit router connected all our devices instantly all our wired devices had internet, on one occasion went to the router configure, set a couple of wireless passwords, 1 for the 2.4 one for the 5, enabled the guest account and we were set. On wireless we were lucky to be getting 2-3mbs download speed on out 10mbs connection with the old unit, had 3 successful tests all over 15mbs today. Also aside from our printers, now our network is completely running at gigabit speeds which helped with moving and opening files. So far the only con is that I can not mount it on a wall, the did not include a bracket or holes in the unit to hang it unlike other units..
on November 13, 2016
It is what it says it is.

I have a desktop and a laptop. I have been using the wireless router from the cable company that is in a different room from my desk. (It also services the entertainment center so I don't want to move it.) My desktop computer needed to be hard-wired for the ethernet so I added this router downstream of the cable company's router so I could plug in. What's nice is that my laptop downloads at about 27 Mbps on wireless and about 57 Mbps plugged in, which is the same speed as the desktop! So, I not only got to hook up my desktop computer but I also have a faster option for my laptop if/when I'm updating things.

The upload speeds are identical whether wired or wireless, at about 5.75 Mbps for my residential service.

Since I didn't buy it to add to or replace the wireless function of the cable company's router I have not installed or tested the wireless function of this router. I would hazard a guess that it will work just fine, though, since all I had to do to use it on either computer was plug it in and start using it. No set-up, no fuss, no muss.
on April 25, 2016
Over the course of its service life to date, this router has been a good-news/bad-news sandwich.

Good News: Worked great for a year or so and for the year it did work the guest access was great, the admin control panel was fairly intuitive and surprisingly versatile and powerful.

Bad News: Then it went sideways. TP-LINK's support did make a good faith effort, but changing settings could not correct the underlying hardware failure. I think ultimately I was just asking it to route too much traffic between too many devices (mostly wired with a few wireless) and eventually "burned it out".

(Sort of) Good News: It didn't prove a complete loss even after it stopped working as intended, as I eventually was able to bring it back into service by disabling DHCP and re-configuring it as an LAN-isolated (guest) Wifi access point.

Based on the traffic I was trying to move across this poor (now broken) router, I decided to replace it with something a smidgen closer to an enterprise router and got a TP-LINK TL-R600VPN Gigabit Broadband VPN Router, 1 Gigabit WAN port + 4 Gigabit LAN ports, Supports IPsec, PPTP, L2TP VPN Tunnels and a TP-Link TL-WA901ND 300Mbps Advanced Wireless N Access Point with Three 4dBi Detachable Antenna, 2.4 to 2.48GHz Frequency for non-Guest Wifi access. This new setup has proven (so far) well up to the traffic demands.
on November 24, 2015
I had reservations about buying this. So now that I've had this router running for a month, I feel like it's time for a review to help put others at ease. It hasn't required any resets, dropped a signal or given any problems for over a month.

I bought it as an upgrade from my aging but still dependable Asus RT-10 (now used as a repeater in my garage behind the house). I needed the dual band WiFi since I have so many Rokus and I wanted to make sure they get the bandwidth they need.

It did take me 30+ minutes to get it setup how I like it but I haven't had to touch it since then. If you just did the basics then it would be less than 10 minutes. There are videos on YouTube that can walk you through the setup if you need it. The NAS serves as a media player for my network and was easy to setup. Having my Rokus on the 5GHz band helped spread out my bandwidth and improved WiFi performance on all my devices. I haven't had to reset it even once but if you do need to reset it then all you have to do is push the power button, reached easily on the back, off then on.

In short, this is the best dual band wireless router you can get for the money. No drops, no resets, just dependability. I also personally like the looks of this router. For home use, you don't need anything faster.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2017
It works fine for little over a year but eventually it died refusing to connect to the Internet or give IP addresses to my computers. When it worked it worked great but wants it starts dying you start seeing internet connection drops and all kinds of other problems. tp-link is no help.