Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $22.74 shipping
+ Free Shipping
TPI Corporation CE20-DS Direct Drive Exhaust Fan, Shutter Mounted, Single Phase, 20" Diameter, 120 Volt
|Price:||$302.73 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$264.27 (47%)|
Specifications for this item
|Input Voltage||120 Volts|
|Item Weight||33 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
|Outside Diameter||20 inches|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
This TPI Corporation CE 20-DS single phase 20-inch diameter direct drive exhaust fan has a built-in shutter mechanism and is suitable for ventilating a building to the outside. The blade assembly (consisting of a steel hub and spider) holds the fan head’s three aluminum paddles, which are enclosed by front steel spiral wire guards for strength. The built-in shutter mechanism allows the fan to be installed without external framing, and the self-closing shutters protect the fan from rain and snow when not in operation. The permanent split capacitor (PSC) motor provides both starting torque and the ability to run at variable speeds. The motor of the TPI direct drive exhaust fan is totally enclosed, making it suitable for use in conditions that standard, unenclosed motors are not, such as in the presence of dust or other airborne debris.
|Motor||2-speed, 2.3 amp, 120 volt, single phase, 1/4 horsepower, permanently lubricated, totally closed ball bearing motor with permanent split capacitor|
|Switch type||Pull chain|
|Cord||No cord, junction box provided for direct wiring|
|Blade guards||Steel spiral wire|
|Cubic feet per minute (CFM)||2925 / 2380|
|Dimensions||23.125 x 23.125 x 13.305 inches (H x W x D)|
H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Industrial fans are used in workplace environments to exhaust fumes or direct air flow. Most industrial fans have coated metal parts and lubricated motors that are permanently sealed to help protect against environmental hazards, such as dirt and airborne debris or corrosive fumes. They can have fan blade cages that meet workplace safety standards, as well as a variety of mounting mechanisms for precise placement to direct large volumes of air flow. Electronic circuitry for industrial fans matches the power specifications found in the workplace and provides the initial torque needed to start up a large blade fan. Industrial fans are used in warehouses, gyms, and other commercial environments to ventilate spaces and to circulate air.
TPI Corporation manufactures industrial and commercial electrical heaters, process heat ovens, ventilation products and fans, lighting equipment, and thermostatic controls. The company, founded in 1950, is headquartered in Johnson City, TN.
Top Customer Reviews
TPI Corporation offers three types of direct drive exhaust fans. Each type comes in the same 8 fan sizes (see Customer Images for a table).
- a guard mounted fan includes a motor & propeller attached to a spiral wire blade guard with an electrical box, pull switch, and rubber mounting bumpers,
- a shutter mounted fan is a combination of two products: a guard mounted fan, and an external shutter.
- a venturi mounted fan is a guard mounted fan on a sheet metal frame, but no shutter. The outer frame edges are bent toward the inside at 90 degrees for strength. "Venturi" is a flaring of the sheet metal away from the fan, to direct the air flow. A venturi mounted fan costs about 25% more than a shutter mounted fan, and it doesn't even include a shutter. The only benefit is the venturi sheet-metal fan-frame.
TPI claims a shutter-mounted fan can be mounted directly to an external wall without you making a frame. However, that "wall" would have to be quite thin with no studs/building-frame-members in the way. E.g., a corrugated steel building. Other than that, you'll have to build a wooden support frame.
- excellent air flow. The sound of all that whooshing air is pretty loud, but any 20" fan moving this much air would be. There is no mechanical noise.
- has two speeds. The lower speed moves less air, but is much quieter.
- the motor capacitor was "hanging" onto an 8-32 screw on the back of the motor. It looked like an after-thought; ridiculous even. I repositioned it, but a customer shouldn't have to modify a product to fix a design/assembly blunder. See Customer Images.Read more ›
Capacitor is hanging on metal as "thick" as soft drink's can.