- Mac Compatible
Other Sellers on Amazon
TRENDnet 54Mbps Wireless G USB Adapter TEW-424UB
|Price:||$17.60 + $4.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Product Type - Adapter
- Warranty - 3 Years Limited
- Warranty - 3 Years Limited
- Antenna - 2dBi Integrated Printed Antenna
- LED - Indicator Link
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
- Wi-Fi Compliant with IEEE 802.11g and 802.11b Wireless Standards
- Uses 2.4 GHz Frequency Band, which Complies with Worldwide Requirements
- Supports Ad-Hoc (Peer-to-Peer) Mode or Infrastructure (AP-Client) Mode
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Rev 2.0, 1.1, 1.0 Specifications
- Dynamic Data Rate Scaling at 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps for 802.11g
- Dynamic Data Rate Scaling at 11, 5.5, 2 and 1Mbps for 802.11b
- Maximum Reliability, Throughput and Connectivity with Automatic Data Rate Switching
- Compatible with Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- Support WMM™ QoS (Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service)
- Integrated Printed Antenna for the Multi-Path Environment
- Low Interference and High Susceptibility Guarantee Reliable Performance
- Low Power Consumption and Easy Configurations
- Range of 35~100 meters indoor, 100~300 meters outdoor (depends on the environment)
- Simple User Setup & Diagnostics Utilities
- 3-year limited warranty
Top Customer Reviews
The device seems to have reasonable speed when connected, however every once a while the connection gets mysteriously lost or reset, and the adapter connects to (unsecured) neighbor's router instead of mine (despite having much better signal from my router). To reconnect back to my router requires reinstallation of the driver and control utility/application, because the "WPA-PSK" encryption is permanently lost from the selection menu, so there is no way to connect to WPA network again. The device can see my router, however won't let me input WPA key, as if it wouldn't support WPA at all.... The reinstallation of the driver and utility restores the WPA-PSK option; until the next lost connection...this gets old very fast.
I wouldn't recommend this adapter if you want to run WPA secured network; it probably works dependably otherwise.
Given the low price and the fact that the TEW-424UB is not even WiFi certified, what I experienced probably should not have been a surprise. My recommendation is to stay far and away from this product.
Amazon, on the other hand, has been wonderful. When I could not resolve my problem with Trendnet, they stepped in and helped me to get a working replacement.
Functions perfectly, quick/ez install, no worries out of the box. Download speeds are = or > than the Dell (we have 3 of those).
I usually don't bother to write reviews but I'm irritated when the market is charging double what should be the going rate -- go with this item so long as the price remains sub $30!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well with windows XP not good for newer versions at least in my experience.Published 5 months ago by SHANNON D RAY
It worked, but the range was really poor. I had to put a USB extension cord on it and run it out the door. Decided I might as well hardwire the computer.Published 18 months ago by BayKayaking
Sometimes a little glitchy, but for the most part works great on our spare computer.Published 22 months ago by Goldfish_b