|Item model number||TU3-ETG|
|Operating System||Linux, Windows 10|
|Item Weight||0.32 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 7 x 1 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||9 x 7 x 1 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TRENDnet USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, and Specific Android Tablets, Nintendo Switch, ASIX AX88179 Chipset, TU3-ETG
- Low Return Rate: 59% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "tu3-etg"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.50 (24%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PROVIDE FAST ETHERNET SPEEDS- Connect your USB 3.0 equipped laptop, tablet or PC to provide fast Ethernet speeds using this 5 inch (12.7 cm) portable USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter.
- GUARANTEE A RELIABLE NETWORK CONNECTION-This SuperSpeed USB 3.0 network adapter guarantees a reliable network connection with 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0,1.0, and 1.1
- ADD A STANDARD RJ45 PORT- This Gigabit Ethernet port will connect to your USB 3.0 enabled desktop, Macbook, Chromebook, or notebook PC for file transferring, data sharing, gaming, HD video streaming, video conferencing, music sharing, and more.
- FEATURES & COMPATABILITY: Equipped with energy saving technology, Full-Duplex (FDX) and Half-Duplex (HDX) Ethernet, Wake-on-Lan (WOL) Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX) Supports:10 Base-T and 100 Base-TX Networks. Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 Mac OS 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6-Max Data Rate of up to 2Gbps (Gigabit Port) IEEE 802.3/802.3u/802.3x/802.3ab/802.3az.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY & TOLL-FREE TECH SUPPORT- TRENDnet backs this product with a 2 year manufacturer warranty as well as toll-free tech support.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
TRENDnet's compact USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, model TU3-ETG, quickly adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to a Windows or Mac computer. A SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port supports Full Duplex 2 Gbps transfer speeds. The TU3-ETG is compatible with older USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Plugged it in, selected wired connection, no problem.
* Using both the DVI & HDMI ports for the monitor out
* Network and USB items plug in flawlessly
* Small compact and fits perfectly between both my monitors snugly
* Power cord is more than generous in length
***There are two small screws on the bottom if you wanted to lay the doc flat, but didn't need that option with my setup***
If there's any complaint, it's that its not faster (such as USB 3.0, gigabit ethernet). However, I have yet to read about any successes with a USB 3.0 ethernet adapter working with the Fire Stick, though that doesn't mean it's not possible. That said, this Trendnet adapter should be fast enough for any streaming you need to do.
Note: While I can confirm that this adapter works with the 2nd generation Fire Stick, the MonoPrice version should also work (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ACPST4M). Theoretically, any adapter with the Asix AX88772 chipset "should" work. Search for "AX88772" on Amazon to find adapters with this chipset, though obviously I can't confirm that they're all compatible with the Fire Stick.
The initial set up with the enclosed CD rom resulted in a repeated request to reset the computer but it would not support 2 monitors. At one point the error message said the software was incompatible with my mini-PC.
Ultimately I went to the Trendnet website, downloaded the drivers, got a warning they might not work, installed them and I've got two displays!
The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star was because I feel the CD version should have looked for later updates.
I would recommend this product.
The reason for 4 stars instead of a 5, is the lack of any paper instructions re using it with an Acer Chromebook 15, and that
it works, but doesn't show that it is connected/working.
I lucked out and tried to see if I had a ethernet connection. It worked and is very fast. The connection is a simple/easy~plug the ethernet rj45 in the Trendnet connection slot and plug the USB connection into my Acer 3.0 USB port.. However, there is no icon showing that you are connected to the ethernet.
I can now use my Acer Chromebook 15 like a desk top. With the above connections, I use a HDMI cable to connect my Chromebook to my new View Sonic 22 " monitor. I also, use a Logitech USB wireless keyboard/mouse.
I have incredible HD images on my View Sonic monitor. The Acer Chromebook 15 with this setup is very fast. I can sit back in my easy office chair and do what ever I need to do with the increased security of an ethernet connection versus WiFi with the USB keyboard/mouse on my portable lap desk.
Now, I'm in my family room with the ethernet plugged into a TP link in a nearby wall socket and connected to my Acer Chromebook 15, and I used this connection to place an order to Amazon for to use this with my Android Tablet.
TRENDnet USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Adapter to solve my issue. I had concerns about how this would work considering I had never
needed to use one. At this point it was wifi forever or try this adapter. I prefer a hardwired connection over the network over wifi any day of the week.
My ISP is TWC, we're paying for 200Mbps Downstream x 20Mbps Upstream.
Now, although I do not have screen shots of my previous speeds before the ethernet port died, it was about 150mbps down (bottlenecked) and maybe 10-15Mbps Up. Since installing TRENDnet adapter we're pulling blazing speeds on downstream full throughput and no bottlenecking on downstream whatsoever. See image. I highly recommend the product. Aside from everything else, it works like it should!