Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
TRENDnet Wireless N 300 Mbps Travel Router Kit, TEW-654TR
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Travel with 300Mbps wireless n speed and coverage in your pocket
- Share a single Internet connection with multiple users
- Compact travel case and accessories included
- One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Maximum wireless signal rates are referenced from IEEE 802.11 theoretical specifications.
- Actual data throughput and coverage will vary depending on interference, network traffic, building materials and other conditions.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: TRENDnet Wireless N 300 Mbps Travel Router Kit, TEW-654TR
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||waveTech Inc.||Sunvalleytek||Amazon.com||Wireless Cloud|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Megabits Per Second||150||300 Megabits Per Second||150 Megabits Per Second|
|Total Lan Ports||1||Information not provided||Information not provided||1|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 BGN||802 11 ABGN||802 11 ABGN||802 11 B|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
A few years ago I found a solution in a small wireless AP sold by Asus (the WL-300 and later the WL-330g) which I used for a number of years with lots of success. However, I finally decided it was time to upgrade to 802.11n.
A bit of searching/comparing brought me to the TrendNet 654TR. Ordered one from Amazon and had it in my hands in a couple of days.
The device is much smaller and sleeker than the Asus model. Setup was easy to follow and configure (though I would enter a small complaint that I had to configure the "router" mode settings and the "AP" mode settings individually -- when I switched from "router" to "AP" it was as if I had gone back to factory defaults -- even the encryption keys & wireless configuration had to be configured again). This is just a minor complaint, easily dealt with and for many people, one they would never run into.
I've used the device at home and in several hotels on the road to great success. Rather than lugging the included AC power adapter, I simply use my iPhone USB charging block along with the included USB power adapter and I can power the unit with my little white apple block.
So now I carry this device with me on all my trips and use it here/there.
Very satisfied. If you're looking for a portable AP to carry around with you, this is it!
Compatibility was my big question - previous reviews said they had problems with iPads and phones. I can happily report that it works great with iPads, iPhones, and every other wifi enabled device I have thrown at it. The set up screens for the router don't work very well in Safari or Chrome (missing buttons) so try to configure it using IE.
Over all, I love it and would buy it again.
Using it in AP mode, I was able to browse the web in less than 10 minutes, no laptop needed to configure it.
Very good product.
If you need to configure it differently, you need a laptop or desktop, but you can do that at home before you leave.
I found out 3 days before departing to a Mexico Club Med that Wifi was limited to the main patio/pool area, and only wired internet was available in the rooms. Quick research told me there was no device (short of a laptop) to hard-wire connect my iPhone and iPad to the Club's internet, so a travel WiFi hotspot was the way to go. I chose the TRENDnet Travel router based on the reviews, size, kit components and price, and it did not disappoint.
I received it the day before we left, and was a bit confused by the many possible modes of operation mentioned briefly in the quick-setup guide. I decided to just plug it into my home network and see if my iPhone could access the internet right out of the box. Sure enough, with no configuration of the TRENDnet at all, my iPhone connected quickly and accessed web pages without a problem.
At Club Med, I plugged the TRENDnet into the hotel room's internet connector. After a few moments of powering up, I turned on my iPhone, made a WiFi connection to the TRENDnet router, and after a few seconds, was prompted with a Club Med web page to enter my passcode (Club Med charges about $10/day for internet access and requires a login procedure.) I logged in and was immediately e-mailing photos back home and making Skype calls.
Why Qualified Success? The TRENDnet router's configuration HTML pages can be accessed using a browser, but it only partially loaded on the iPhone/iPad's Safari browser, and I couldn't get past the device's login page.Read more ›
I would have rated it 5-stars but for two things, which others have commented on:
1. The power-supply is 110v only. This is unbelievable, given that it's billed as a "travel router" and most of the rest of the world uses 220v power. I don't know what made me even check before plugging it in - I could easily have fried it, as these days all devices seem to come with dual voltage power supplies. As others have suggested, I used it successfully with an iPad power supply.
2. The main reason I need wireless when travelling is that I no longer take a laptop - relying instead on my Android smartphone and iPad. Although these work fine with the default settings when accessing the web, e-mail, apps etc., they don't work with the device's own configuration panels. Of course, I can just use default settings, or change the settings at home before leaving - e.g. to configure wi-fi security - but I don't like the fact that once I'm away from home I won't be able to change any settings that I might want to, such as the wifi channel.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am still using this. And I have used it in many states and cities since I purchased it.Published 9 months ago by M H Aguilar
AMAZING ..... REALLY WORKS !!! AND I TAKE IT WITH ME OUT OF TOWN !Published 11 months ago by C. Johnson
Very capable portable router. Has been reliable as a WiFi Acess Point for Cross Country mountain biking races. Read morePublished 13 months ago by M. J. Bernadett
Love this little device! Perfect for setting up in the hotel room if they only have a landline.Published 20 months ago by LN
Works greats! Got it at a great price!
I have been looking for a wireless n bridge for quite a while. Most of the currently available n bridges are quite expensive. Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.