Black & Decker TRO490B 1200-Watt 4-Slice Countertop Oven and Broiler with Removable Crumb Tray, Black
|Price:||$45.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$4.00 (8%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1200 watts of power with variable temperature control, toast shade control and cooking functions to bake, broil, toast and keep warm
- Extra-deep curved interior fits 4 slices of toast or a medium pizza or casserole
- 30-minute countdown timer features ready signal bell and stay on function
- Removable crumb tray and dishwasher-safe accessories offer quick and easy cleanup
- Measures 10-3/4 high by 18-1/10 long by 13-1/3 inch wide; 9-4/5 pounds; 2-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Black & Decker TRO490B 1200-Watt 4-Slice Countertop Oven and Broiler with Removable Crumb Tray, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HTC Supplies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||10.8 inches x 18.1 inches x 13.3 inches||8.4 inches x 10 inches x 15.5 inches||10.6 inches x 13.6 inches x 17.6 inches||9.43 inches x 16.4 inches x 11.28 inches|
|Material||Metal||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. capacity--approximate interior height from bottom rack position=3", width=11", and depth=8 to 8.5" (depending on whether use top or bottom rack position)
2. two rack positions for easy placement to top heating element
3. easy to use crumb tray, slides out like a drawer from the front for easy cleaning
4. timer works for all settings, including toast
5. bake drip pan included
6. temperatures marked in Celsius and Fahrenheit
7. good owner's manual
1. does not shut off when door is open
2. dial markings are medium gray on black and small, I have to put my reading glasses on to see them (my toaster oven has a black body as pictured)
3. timer is stiff and hard to turn back towards zero for toast--need my glasses to do this correctly too
4. other than the plug, the only thing that controls whether the unit is on or off is the timer which has a stay on position--potential fire hazard. This more than any other reason is why I only rated it a 3.
Notes and suggestion:
1. three prong plug
2. leave unplugged when not in use
3. clean crumb/drip tray after each use
*****Update*****It worked well for 2 years of almost daily use (sometimes multiple times a day). The top heating element stopped working yesterday so, toasting became a 2 step process. Overall it worked well for what we needed. Some reviews complained of it being too small to hold 4 slices but, as long as you are using normal size bread, it WILL hold 4 slices of bread or 2 full-size bagels. Both are tight but they do fit. It will also hold and cook a Totinos pizza perfectly fine. We never had any issues with the controls either. It preheated quickly and the timer worked well. We originally paid $40 for this toaster oven and now, at half that price, We've ordered it again. If the next one lasts another 2 years, I'll be happy.
I have only two complaints:
1) As other reviewers have said, the power cord is very short--no more than half the length of a normal small-appliance power cord. They say it's for safety, so that you have don't a long cord lying around to get caught on things. Instead, I strongly suspect that a lot of people will need to use extension cords, which is less safe.
2) The grilling situation is odd. In most toaster ovens, either the included baking pan doubles as a grill pan or there's a separate little wire rack that fits into the baking pan for grilling. In this one, the oven rack is also the grilling rack; the baking pan fits onto brackets on the bottom of the rack to act as a drip-pan. It's ingenious, but it makes it a lot harder to put food in and take it out when grilling. Instead of taking the pan over to the table, you have to work straight from the front of the oven. It also means that the baking/drip pan isn't the full width of the oven; it has to be narrower to fit on the brackets.
Neither of those are huge problems, but they kept me from giving it five stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. My only complaint is the print is a little light on the knobs so it's hard to read. Well, that or I'm just getting older and need better glasses. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Mandie B
Was shipped incomplete to us. Missing all of the parts except the unit itself. No grill or tray was included which means its useless. Had to send back.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
worked perfect. Worked as expected. Cheap and great for a college student.Published 1 month ago by Lin
I really like this toaster oven. It does a pretty good job although I do have trouble with toast. It seems to do one side better than the other but I hear that is a typical issue... Read morePublished 3 months ago by SteelersFan
the angled front cuts down on the cooking space... burnt toast all the time, which is a shame as our last B&D toaster oven was great and lasted for years. Read morePublished 4 months ago by noneya