Black & Decker TRO490B 1200-Watt 4-Slice Countertop Oven and Broiler with Removable Crumb Tray, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1200 watts of power with variable temperature control, toast shade control and cooking functions to bake, broil, toast and keep warm
- Extra-deep curved interior fits 4 slices of toast or a medium pizza or casserole
- 30-minute countdown timer features ready signal bell and stay on function
- Removable crumb tray and dishwasher-safe accessories offer quick and easy cleanup
- Measures 10-3/4 high by 18-1/10 long by 13-1/3 inch wide; 9-4/5 pounds; 2-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Compare to similar items
This item Black & Decker TRO490B 1200-Watt 4-Slice Countertop Oven and Broiler with Removable Crumb Tray, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||13.3 x 18.1 x 10.8 in||11.28 x 16.4 x 9.43 in||13.4 x 22.8 x 15.5 in||9 x 11 x 15.5 in||8.75 x 15.75 x 8.25 in||10.76 x 16.75 x 19.76 in|
|Item Weight||9.6 lbs||8.4 lbs||15.76 lbs||7.85 lbs||11.88 lbs||13.4 lbs|
|Material Type||Metal||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Multi||Stainless Steel|
Enjoy countertop cooking versatility with a 1200-watt, 4-slice countertop oven and broiler. The easy-to-use controls offer cooking functions to bake, broil, toast and keep warm, with a 30-minute timer featuring a ready signal bell and stay on function. The extra-deep curved interior fits 4 slices of toast or a medium pizza or casserole with ease, while dual position rack slots offer up to 4 positions for cooking. All this, plus a removable crumb tray and dishwasher-safe accessories for easy cleanup.
Top customer reviews
Our old Black and Decker toaster oven died after a decade of hard use (multiple times/day). I thought we would just order a new version, and then saw all of the terrible reviews on all toaster ovens, and knew we were in for a horrible experience. We loved our old oven.
What we LIKE about this one :
- Supposedly, it does NOT have a non-stick coating on the interior. We do NOT want non-stick coatings on items that are GOING TO BE HOT ALL THE TIME. We have read enough to know the coatings are horribly carcinogenic and we don't want them in our house
- It's compact. It doesn't take up much space. We did NOT want a large convection unit because we already have an oven.
- It's cheap - but don't pay $50 for it - it is much cheaper elsewhere on the web, we realized right after buying.
What we DON'T LIKE about this one :
- The first time we turned this one on, it smoked up our kitchen. Nice intro. But I had seen the other reviews and knew this was a possibility, so I didn't completely freak out.
- This new version has a barely readable interface. Light gray, small font, on black.
- It has no slide out rack, so you have to reach IN the hot oven for your toast and everything else. The old units had a really nice slide out rack.
- The unit has no automatic shut off if you open the door. Our kids were terrified by this when they first realized that it was still red hot even though the door was open.
- there are 3 knobs for setting everything. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to toast instead of bake the salmon... This was not a problem with the old interface.
- it is SLOW, or not heating correctly... I haven't yet been able to determine exactly what is happening. But I've had to turn the heat and cooking times up on everything...
- Toast? Hm... I don't think i could ever burn anything. It doesn't seem to get hot enough.
- The timer is LOUD. It's like having an old fashioned egg timer going. Kind of annoying.
I also considered the Delonghi's because it seems they also are not coated with non-stick materials, but their reviews were not fabulous either.
Feeling like Black and Decker took a major nosedive with their quality. Hoping I can find an old one at a garage sale.
1. capacity--approximate interior height from bottom rack position=3", width=11", and depth=8 to 8.5" (depending on whether use top or bottom rack position)
2. two rack positions for easy placement to top heating element
3. easy to use crumb tray, slides out like a drawer from the front for easy cleaning
4. timer works for all settings, including toast
5. bake drip pan included
6. temperatures marked in Celsius and Fahrenheit
7. good owner's manual
1. does not shut off when door is open
2. dial markings are medium gray on black and small, I have to put my reading glasses on to see them (my toaster oven has a black body as pictured)
3. timer is stiff and hard to turn back towards zero for toast--need my glasses to do this correctly too
4. other than the plug, the only thing that controls whether the unit is on or off is the timer which has a stay on position--potential fire hazard. This more than any other reason is why I only rated it a 3.
Notes and suggestion:
1. three prong plug
2. leave unplugged when not in use
3. clean crumb/drip tray after each use
A minor nitpick; as a result of the toaster oven's small size, the dials are also on the small side. Small differences in the dial twist distance causes big differences in the extent of toasting (read: burned toast!) and the dials readout can be somewhat difficult to see unless you get close up. This is an understandable shortcoming, but one worth mentioning for those of us not using this with college-aged eyes.
If there is no update here, assume this toaster oven continues to function well.