TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency, Pair with 2 Bluetooth Headphones Simultaneously)
|Connections||Bluetooth, USB, Micro USB|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.77 x 1.3 x 0.35 inches|
|Item Weight||0.5 Ounces|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Aptx low latency. Powered by premium csr8670 chipset, trond bt-duo bluetooth transmitter & receiver supports aptx & aptx low latency in both tx and rx mode. You can watch movies while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion and without any noticeable audio delay
- Trond bt-duo can transmit stereo audio wirelessly from your non-bluetooth audio sources such as tv, mp3, cd player, pc or ebook reader to your bluetooth-enabled headphones, speaker or receiver. Enable you enjoy high quality music wirelessly without disturbing others
- With the feature of aptx ll in the rx mode, bt-duo offers an economical solution by turning your old wired headphones, speakers or car/truck into bluetooth function enabled. Now, you can enjoy cd-like audio quality wirelessly on your home stereo, wired speaker or car.
- Dual stream & multipoint. In the tx mode, trond bt-duo can be paired to two bt headphones or speakers, and streams audio to both of them simultaneously. In the rx mode, it can be paired to two phones or tablets, but it can only receive the audio from one of the two paired devices. Please note that the codec would be downgraded to sbc when pairing to two bt devices simultaneously
- What you get: Trond bt-duo 3.5mm bluetooth v5.0 transmitter/receiver, usb to micro usb charging cable, 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male audio cable (50cm long), 3.5mm female to rca male audio cable, welcome guide
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
TROND is the pioneer in promoting the concept of aptX Low Latency on Amazon.com. As the first model we introduced to the Amazon marketplace at early 2016, TROND BT-DUO has helped numerous customers to watch TV wirelessly without any noticeable audio delay. In Q4/2018, we've upgraded its Bluetooth version from 4.1 to 5.0, which could provide better device compatibility.
TX Mode: as a transmitter, BT-DUO should be connected to the audio OUT port of your non-Bluetooth audio source (TV, iPod, CD-player or e-Book reader), and then pair to your Bluetooth headphones or speakers. This way, you could watch video, enjoy music or play games wirelessly without experiencing lip-sync issues.
RX Mode: as a receiver, it should be connected to the audio IN port of your wired audio device via 3.5mm cable (wired earbuds, speaker or car stereo), and pair to your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop. This way, you could enjoy high-quality music wirelessly without spending more to order Bluetooth headphones or speaker.
Please note that you can only use BT-DUO either as a transmitter or as a receiver, and can't use those two modes simultaneously. Also for the Bluetooth technology, one transmitting device needs to pair with one receiving device, or vice versa. You are not supposed to pair two transmitting devices or two receiving devices together
Important Remarks before Buying:
- 3.5mm Aux or Digital Optical? In order to stream the audio from your TV, it’s very crucial to first identify whichi audio OUT port your TV could support (intead of any audio IN or video port). TROND BT-DUO can be connected via the 3.5mm cable. However, some LG or Samsung TVs have removed the 3.5mm aux jack, and only offer the digital optical OUT port. In this case, BT-DUO is not the right transmitter for you; please choose TROND BT-DUO II instead;
- AptX Low Latency Supported? In order to avoid lip-sync issues, your BT headset or speaker also need to support the codec of aptX Low Latency. Please check with your device manufacturer to verify this. If not, the codec would be downgraded to aptX or even SBC, and you may experience the noticeable audio lag;
- Musical Instrument? The latency of 40ms is still unacceptable for live sound monitoring. Therefore, those who plan to use it with electric piano or guitar, beware! Bluetooth technology, even with aptX Low Latency, may not suit your needs;
- Pair with your car Bluetooth (TX)? Car Bluetooth may require entering a certain pin code in order to pair with your phone. Unlike phones, Bluetooth transmitters don't have any keypad to enter the pin code. Therefore, BT-DUO may not be able to stream the music from your iPod to your car stereo. Due to the rechargeable battery design, it cannot be powered on automatically after you start the car engine;
- Bluetooth Receiver for Car? YES, some cars only have aux jack and have no Bluetooth function, you can use TROND BT-DUO as a Bluetooth receiver, this way, it will allow your car to have Bluetooth functions. Simply pair the Bluetooth receiver with your iPhone 11/pro and start to enjoy stereo music wirelessly. Please note the Bluetooth receiver will automatically power off if no device is paired within 6 minutes in the standby mode or the pairing mode;
- Hands-Free Phone Calls? BT-DUO doesn't have the built-in microphone. If connected to BT-DUO as a receiver, the in-line microphone of your wired headset will be disabled. Therefore it won't be able to support any phone calls.
- Sound cut out at lower volumes? When watching movies at lower volumes(also known as a gate), the transmitter sound may cuts out. Because when the volume is too low, the CSR chipset couldn't detect the signal and hence couldn't transmit the audio signal out. Please try to turn the TV's volume up and get better performance.
Important Pairing Instructions
How to Pair with One?
- Disconnect your headphones from your phone or tablet;
- Switch the working mode to TX, instead of RX;
- Long press the MFB for 3 seconds to power it on;
- Quickly double tap the MFB to activate its pairing mode till the indicator blinks red & blue alternately;
- Activate the pairing model of your headphones;
- Put those two close to each other, and wait for the pairing;
- if successful, its LED would turn solid blue.
How to Pair with Two?
Dual Stream is the embedded feature of CSR 8670 chipset, which allows the transmitter to pair with two devices simultaneously. Please CLOSELY follow the instruction included in the user manual to pair with two.
However, the pairing steps may be too complicated for some customers to pair. You may consider ordering TROND BT-DUO II (ASIN B075Z11F4Q) instead for that purpose.
How to Re-Pair & Reset?
For better re-pairing, please always remember to power on the transmitter FIRST before turning on your headphones. And DO NOT re-activate the pairing mode for either the transmitter or the headphones.
If the pairing or re-pairing is not successful, please try to refer to the FAQ in the user manual to RESET TROND BT-DUO by switching working modes.
- CSR 8670 chipet, V5.0
- AptX LL, aptX, SBC
- Up to 33ft / 10m working range
- 160mAh li-polymer battery
- Approx. 8H battery life
- Fully charged in 2 hours
- Size: 1.81*1.30*0.38 in
- Net Weight: 0.51 oz
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Noticeble audio lag? Please check whether your device supports aptX Low Latency. Popular headphones, such as Bose QC35 or Beats Solo3, don't really support it, and you may experience the audio delay.
- Annoying static noise? Please do not connect its 3.5mm aux jack and USB charging port to the same audio source, as it may easily cause "ground loop noise". Please use a separate USB charger instead.
- Volume too low? The TROND default setting is to retain 100% of audio volume it receives from the audio source. Please find out whether you could adjust the volume on your TV or Bluetooth headphones.
- Get frozen? If BT-DUO gets stuck and all its buttons are not responding, please press & hold the MFB, and meanwhile plug in an external USB charger to shut it down. After that, simply power it back on to use it properly.
More Product Features to Explore
Small Body, Big Heart
TROND BT-DUO is measured at 1.81 x 1.30 x 0.38 inch with the weight of 0.51 oz. It's only about the size of a narrow matchbox.
Meanwhile, it features the most premium CSR8670 Bluetooth V5.0 chipset, which makes it a very handy device for those who want to get away from wires.
You will be amazed at what this little device can accomplish if you could give it a try!
Various Accessories Included
3.5mm aux cable (50cm). Use this long cable to connect TROND BT-DUO to your TV, and don't let TV block the Bluetooth signal.
3.5mm Aluminum Adapter. Use this adapter to connect to your iPod, e-Book reader or car stereo, and get away from tangling cables.
3.5mm female to RCA male cable adapter. Please use this cable adapter when your TV or home stereo only offers the white/red RCA audio OUT ports.
Super Long Working Time
DC Mode: Connect to a quality USB charger, and stream the audio as long as you can. You can charge it while it's working;
160mAh Rechargable Battery: TROND BT-DUO can provide approx. 8-hour battery life, and can be fully recharged within approx. 2 hours. It needs to be recharged ASAP when the LED keeps flashing red. The LED turns steady red while being recharged, and turns off once fully charged.
|Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter & Receiver||Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter & Receiver||Over-Ear Bluetooth V4.2 Headphones||Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter & Receiver||Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter & Receiver||Over-Ear Bluetooth V4.2 Headphones|
|Codec Supported||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency (for both TX & RX)||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency (for both TX & RX)||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency (for both TX & RX)||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency (for both TX & RX)||SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency|
|Audio Connection||3.5mm, RCA||3.5mm, RCA||3.5mm (wired), Bluetooth (wireless)||3.5mm, RCA, digital optical in (TX), digital optical out (RX)||3.5mm, RCA, digital optical in (TX)||3.5mm (wired), Bluetooth (wireless)|
|Working Range||10m / 33ft||10m / 33ft||10m / 33ft||10m / 33ft||10m / 33ft||10m / 33ft|
|Power/Pairing Button||one MFB button||one MFB button||one MFB button||one MFB button||one for powering; one for pairing||one MFB button|
|Pair with Two||✓||✓||can pair with two smartphones||✓||Yes, more intuitive to operate than other models||can pair with two smartphones|
|AptX Low Latency in Dual Link Mode||no||no||no||Yes, specially designed for pairing with two BT headsets|
|Volume + / －||no||yes, in receiver mode only||✓||no||no||✓|
Compare with similar items
TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV/Home Sound System/Car/Nintendo Switch)
TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter, AptX Low Latency, Smart Codec Indicator, 2 Devices Simultaneously, for TV, iPod, Home Sound System
TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, Digital Optical TOSLINK and 3.5mm Wireless Audio Adapter for TV/Home Stereo System - Low Latency
Bluetooth V5.0 aux Adapter, Boltune Audio Receiver Car Kit, for Home Hi-fi System, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter 3.5mm Aux for Music, Speaker, Headphones, Hands-Free Car Kit with Microphone
TROND TV Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, Digital Optical TOSLINK and 3.5mm Wireless Audio Adapter (AptX Low Latency for Both TX and RX, Pair with 2 Devices Simultaneously)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon Warehouse||BesDio||TROND Official||Sunvalley Brands||Boltune Official||TROND Official|
|Color||Black||Black||2-in-1 BT V5.0 Transceiver w/ Volume Control||Black||—||Black|
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, USB, Micro USB||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth, Wired, Wired||Bluetooth 5.0||USB, Bluetooth||Bluetooth, USB, Micro USB|
|Item Dimensions||1.77 x 1.30 x 0.35 inches||1.77 x 1.30 x 0.35 inches||2.17 x 0.41 x 1.50 inches||2.36 x 2.36 x 0.79 inches||2.17 x 1.10 x 0.43 inches||2.36 x 2.36 x 0.83 inches|
|Item Weight||0.50 ounces||0.50 ounces||0.61 ounces||1.44 ounces||0.50 ounces||2.25 ounces|
|Special Features||aptX Low Latency, Stereo||wireless||aptX Low Latency & aptX for both the transmitter and receiver modes, Volume control buttons to adjust sound volume or track||wireless||—||Lip-sync|
|Warranty Description||GEEKERS||All TaoTronics products come with 12 month full warranty from the date of its original purchase.||1 YEAR WARRANTY||All TaoTronics products come with 12 month full warranty from the date of its original purchase.||18-Month warranty promise||1 YEAR WARRANTY|
Apt low Latency & apt for both TX & ax TROND has been the pioneer in the market that embraces the technology of apt low Latency. With the latest apt low Latency (LL), TROND BT-DUO effectively minimizes audio latency or ‘lip-sync’ issues, which enables consumers to watch video while listening to wireless audio without noticeable lag. Please also order TROND td-bh01 over-ear Bluetooth V4.2 headphones for the best low latency performance. Bluetooth transmitter for TV, iPod, PC or more TROND BT-DUO transmits stereo audio wirelessly from your non-Bluetooth audio sources such as TV, MP3, PC, book reader or Nintendo switch/3DS to your Bluetooth-enabled headphones, speaker or receiver. You can now enjoy CD-quality music wirelessly or listen to late night shows without disturbing others. Bluetooth receiver for car or home stereo simply connect TROND BT-DUO With your wired headphones, speaker or car stereo via 3.5mm cable, and pair it with Bluetooth-enabled audio sources such as your smartphone, tablet or laptop to enjoy music wirelessly. Specifications: - Bluetooth compliance: Bluetooth V5.0, CSR 8670 chipset, a2dp - transmit range: up to 33ft/ 10M - supports: dual stream (TX mode); multi-point (ax mode) - codec: apt low Latency, apt, sac - working time: about 8 hours> - charging time: 2 hours/ 5V; can be used while being rechargeable> - Dimension: 1.81 x 1.30 x 0.38 in - net weight: 0.51 oz. important: - TROND BT-DUO doesn't have the built-in microphone and hence doesn't support hands-free calling; - The latency of 40Ms is still unacceptable for live sound monitoring. Therefore, musicians beware! Bluetooth technology even with apt LL may not suit your needs. - Please do remember to email us for the help if you encounter any problem in pairing.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Edit: Forgot to mention that this device works well with AirPods pairing procedure. Once initially paired, the AirPods will automatically defer to the transmitter when you turn on the transmitter, even if it's currently connected to your phone. If you need to use your phone, simply turn off the transmitter and select the AirPods from your phone and it will switch over. Keep in mind that as long as the transmitter is left on, it will always hijack the AirPods from whatever device it's currently connected to.
If you are wondering, I'm still using the TV because it still works well and has a built-in DVD player, which I use to watch movies while walking on a treadmill. I have wireless Sennheiser head phones I set up when I purchased the TV, but they are aging out, which is why I decided to see if I could switch over to the Nokia head phones by adding BT functionality to the TV. Given its age, the TV's only audio out is RCA jacks. The Trond package includes a cable with RCA plugs and an adapter for use with the Trond device, so hook up to the TV was a breeze. The Nokia head phones use BT 2.1 with A2DP audio, so naturally I had some concern as to how well they would play with an AptX device based on BT 5.0. That has turned out to be a non-issue.
I held my breath in ordering the Trond BT-DUO, since the first device I tried, a cheaper model from another manufacturer would not pair with the Nokia headphones and had to be returned. I guess you get what you pay for. The Trond is quite small, thinner but not much larger than a 9 volt battery and comes with very clear directions for use. From what I've seen so far, for my purposes it is a 5-star product.
Update: The manual says in transmit mode the Trond can transmit to two separate devices. I am happy to report this works. After I paired it to a second set of BT headphones (with the first set off), I turned off the Trond, and powered up both sets of phones. When I powered the Trond back on, after a brief delay both sets of phones were receiving the transmission. This is the procedure specified in the user directions, incidentally.
Top reviews from other countries
I needn’t of worried. The setting up and pairing couldn’t have been more straightforward. It worked first time. Amazing. Online articles say that latency - ie headphone sound synchronised with tv sound (get me, I suddenly give appearance of knowing what I’m talking about), can be a problem. Not with this device - everything synchronised fine.
The device plugs into the audio out sockets on the tv (whilst still retaining tv speaker output) and is tiny. Now my partner doesn’t need to be blasted out the room with the high tv volume that I need sometimes, I can dispense with subtitles, and I can even listen to American films where sometimes a drawling accent makes it impossible to follow.
made a big,big difference especially for watching movies . the sound is crisp and clear and the sound sync is spot on.
We always had trouble before buying this as I wear hearing aids and my wife has particularly good hearing making it difficult to watch telly because I needed more volume than my wife did. I plugged the transmitter into the back of my sky+box and now I can have the volume on my headphones as high or low as I want and my wife can set the tv volume at any level she requires Oh perfect bliss...... No more arguments. absolutely first class.
This device delivers on that basic usage perfectly. I put my AirPod case in pairing mode, turned on the Trond transmitter by pressing the single button for 3 seconds, and quickly the two were paired. This was indicated by the flashing red/blue light ring around the power button turning to blue. Put the AirPods in my ears and they connect immediately.
Connecting options are a male to male 3.5mm jack or a male to male 3.5mm jack cable. Plug in to flight arm rest, power on the Trond device, AirPods in ears and immediately your are listening to in flight audio. I used for 8.5 hour flight and only charged it briefly from the in flight USB port also while listening. My AirPods needed charging long before this would have ran out!!
There’s a switch to allow Transmit or Receive mode. Device itself is small as shown, plastic has that slightly rubber quality feel to it. Box is simple card, and the 8 page English instructions easy to follow.
I'm getting at least 30 metres of line of sight communication between the two with hardly any drop out whilst playing music into the transmitter. I even had mostly useable connection at 30 to 40 metres with a little drop out, but it was still very reasonable considering they are specified to have a range of about 10 metres / 33 feet, so I'm getting about three times the specified range at 30 metres / 100 feet, assuming their spec is for line of site communication, which is what I was using to test them.
I also found the audio quality and low latency very good and the devices were easy to pair.
I've only just recently bought these devices, so can't comment on reliability or battery life, but so far I'm impressed with the performance and build quality and the devices are really small and light as well as reasonably priced and the instruction booklet is written in good English and is easy to follow.
I rarely spend my time writing product reviews, but I felt it appropriate on this occasion as this was a pleasant surprise as so often products from China don't meet expectations and instruction booklets are in poor english and difficult to understand.
This is the first time I've dealt with this company and based on my first impressions I firmly believe it won't be the last.