- Save 10% on TROND TD-BH01 Bluetooth V4.2 Over-Ear Headphones with AptX Low Latency when you purchase 1 or more TROND Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter (BT-DUO, BT-DUO II, BT-DUO S, or BT-DUO X) offered by TROND Official. Enter code LBP978AJ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on TROND Dedicated Bluetooth V4.2 Receiver w/ aptX Low Latency when you purchase 1 or more TROND Bluetooth V4.1 Transceiver w/ aptX Low Latency & Volume Controller offered by TROND Official. Enter code 7LTNVV8B at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on TROND G2U Dual USB Charger (4.8A/24W, Black) when you purchase 1 or more any TROND Bluetooth Transmitters or Receivers offered by TROND Official. Enter code 7584WU6G at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Clip this coupon to save $5.00 on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
TROND Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter Receiver / Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter with aptX Low Latency & aptX for Both TX & RX, Dual Stream and Volume Controller
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- AptX & aptX Low Latency for Transmitter AND Receiver. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND BT-DUO S not only supports the latest Bluetooth V4.1, but also adds aptX & aptX LL to both the TX and RX modes. With aptX, you can enjoy CD-quality sound wirelessly over Bluetooth connections with aptX-source devices like TV’s, phones or tablets; with aptX Low Latency, you can now watch video while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion AND without any noticeable audio delay
- Bluetooth Transmitter with aptX Low Latency & aptX. TROND BT-DUO S can help transmitting stereo audio wirelessly from your non-Bluetooth audio sources such as TV, MP3, CD player, PC, or Nintendo Switch/3DS to your Bluetooth-enabled headphones or speaker. This way, you can enjoy high quality music wirelessly or listen to late night shows without disturbing your loved ones while they sleep. Please also order TROND TD-BH01 Over-Ear Bluetooth V4.2 Headphones for the best low latency performance
- First-Ever Bluetooth Receiver with aptX Low Latency & Volume Controller. As the pioneer in adding aptX LL into the receiver mode, TROND BT-DUO S offers an economical solution by turning your old wired headphones or speakers into Bluetooth headphones or speakers with the feature of aptX LL, and allows to you adjust sound volume or music track at will. Please note that TROND BT-DUO S doesn’t have the built-in microphone and hence doesn’t support hands-free calling.
- Supports Dual Stream & Multipoint. When used as a Bluetooth transmitter, TROND BT-DUO S can be paired to two Bluetooth Headphones or speakers, and streams audio to both of them simultaneously. Working as a Bluetooth receiver, it can still be paired to two of your smartphones or tablets, but the receiver can only receive the audio from one of the two paired devices. Please note that TROND BT-DUO S only supports the codec of SBC when paired with two devices simultaneously.
- What You Get: TROND BT-DUO S Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter & Receiver w/ Volume Controller, 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male audio cable, 3.5mm female to RCA male audio cable, USB to micro USB charging cable, Welcome Guide, 18-MONTH TROND warranty & 30-DAY money back guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||TROND Official||TROND Official||TROND Official||TROND Official||Amazon.com||Mogeeks|
|Item Dimensions||0.41 x 2.17 x 1.5 in||1.3 x 1.8 x 0.38 in||0.41 x 2.17 x 1.5 in||2.36 x 2.36 x 0.83 in||3 x 3 x 3 in||1.22 x 2.17 x 0.63 in|
|Item Weight||0.61 ounces||0.5 ounces||0.61 ounces||2.25 ounces||3 ounces||0.92 ounces|
Unnoticeable Lip-Sync Delay
Aptx Low Latency offers a total end-to-end latency of approximately 40 milliseconds (ms). TROND BT-DUO S effectively minimizes audio latency or ‘lip-sync’ issues (only if the paired BT devices supports aptX LL as well), which enables you to watch video while listening to wireless audio without noticeable lag. Please also order TROND TD-BH01 Over-Ear Bluetooth V4.2 Headphones for the best low latency performance.
First-Ever Bluetooth Receiver with AptX LL
Almost all the 2-in-1 transceivers in the market don’t support aptX LL or aptX in the receiver mode. Unlike its peers, TROND BT-DUO S has added aptX LL & aptX to the receiver mode. Your old quality wired headphones or speakers could now be turned into wireless headphones or speakers with the feature of aptX Low Latency.
Built-in Music Control
TROND BT-DUO S now has the built-in music control buttons, which allows you to turn up/down sound volume, or to adjust track forward/backward when used in the receiver mode.
- Bluetooth Compliance: Bluetooth V4.1, CSR 8670 chipet, A2DP
- Transmit Range: up to 33ft / 10m
- Supports: Dual Stream (TX mode); Multi-Point (RX mode)
- Codec: aptX Low Latency, aptX, SBC
- Working Time: about 10 hours
- Charging Time: 2 hours / 5V; working while charging
- Dimension: 2.17 x 1.50 x 0.41 in
- Net Weight: 0.61 oz
- TROND BT-DUO S doesn’t have the built-in microphone and hence doesn’t support hands-free calling;
- The latency of 40ms is still unacceptable for live sound monitoring. Therefore, musicians beware! Bluetooth technology even with aptX LL may not suit your needs.
- Please do remember to email us for the help if you encounter any problem in pairing.
Seller Warranty Description18-Month Product Warranty & 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So the AptX people developed AptX LL, standing for ‘Low Latency’, a fancy term for low delay. AptX LL delay can be as low as 40 milliseconds (less than half of a tenth of a second), and for TV watching, is almost undetectable. In order to benefit from AptX LL however, you need a source that is transmitting it and a headphone or speaker that is receiving and reproducing it. This is where I think a lot of negative reviews are coming from- if you don’t have AptX LL at both ends, you won’t get any benefit. Since there are only a handful of AptX LL headphones, and no TV or hifi manufacturers have adopted it yet, miniature devices like the DUO S are designed to let the vast majority of existing audio devices take advantage of this technology.
The Trond Duo S provides the most advanced Bluetooth audio experience currently available, and I am very happy with its performance. I bought it specifically to obtain satisfactory wireless headphone listening to my Sony XBR TV. When connected to a continuous source of power via the microsd port, it pairs almost instantly when I turn my headphones on (note many TV’s kill the power to their USB ports when they are turned off, and the Trond will shut off after some time to save the battery, and then need to be turned back on and re-paired when the TV is turned back on, so I would recommend using an old phone charger to power it). I’m using the Avantree Audition Pro, one of the only headphones on the market with AptX LL built in, and the sound is excellent, with negligible delay. The DUO S can also act as a receiver, to turn any pair of headphones with an ⅛” jack into AptX LL wireless headphones, but of course you need two of the DUO’s, one transmitting from the TV or other device and one connected to the headphones.
Finally, I must comment on Trond customer service. This has been by far the most responsive company I’ve done business with in the internet age. We’re talking a $40 device from China. I was not expecting much when I emailed them a question. And yet I have experienced a level of communication that would make Apple envious. My emails were responded to promptly, in detail, by individuals with excellent spelling and grammar who clearly want my experience to be as positive as possible. I originally had some issues with getting the LL version of AptX working with my Avantree Audition Pro’s, and instead of blaming the other company, Trond bent over backwards to get to the bottom of the issue and offer solutions. So 5 stars for Trond customer service as well as the DUO S.
I bought older Bluetooth v3.0 headphones that only have standard aptX (not the low latency version). Pairing these with the TROND was relatively easy. Even using standard aptX, the sound quality is fantastic. No static. I was worried about the latency of standard aptX, but didn't notice any lip-sync issues when watching/hearing actors speak on TV.
There are some cons (insensitive volume control, microscopic manual type, no digital/optical out port, etc)...but nothing worthy of taking stars off my rating.
I was surprised at how small this device actually. It charges incredibly fast.
The first weekend that I got it I paired it to my iPhone 6 and was able to use it on my live sound equipment both Saturday and Sunday almost 22 hours of use plugged in. At just under 50 feet away from the unit (line of sight)
Since then I have wired it to my Sony "over the ear" headphones as I cannot wear those little in ear headphones devices and I am so wonderfully surprised at the sound quality.
I have listened to music, YouTube and Netflix. No problems.
For two days now I've listened at work with my headphones. I change the unit at night but I have not had any power issue at all.