Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.34 shipping
+ Free Shipping
TRP CX9 Linear Pull Bicycle Brake Set
|Price:||$105.46 + $3.99 shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TT6 forged and CNC aluminum arms with Titanium hardware
- Integrated barrel adjuster on the noodle
- TRP road size cartridge brake pads
- Arm length: 90mm
- Weight: 148g / wheel
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Package Height||3.3 x 5.4 x 8.8 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.7 pounds|
Linear pull design that works best with 2.5 ratio levers. Shimano 5700, 6700, 7900 series levers). Forged and CNC machined T6 aluminum. Cable noodle has integrated barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustments. Titanium hardware includes both TRP Alloy and TRP Carbon compount pads. 298 grams per set.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Installation took me about 3-4 hours (I'm not a pro, but certainly far from a novice) but I was taking my time and I also replaced the cables and housings.
1) Braking strength is outstanding, even with provided pads.
2) 90mm arms means more than enough clearance for huge CX tires. I use 44c snow tires with plenty of room left to grow.
3) Works well with in-line cross levers...my setup uses only such levers, situated right behind Dura Ace bar end shifters on TT bars.
4) Fit and finish is appropriate for the price.
Adjustment is typical for V brakes...more finicky than calipers but not difficult once you know what you're doing.
Pro tip: use adjustable noodles when installing these for quick tire changes.
Update after one full race season and plenty of gravel riding: These are still on my bike, and will stay. I have changed to Koolstop salmon pads for aluminum rims, which has further improved brake feel and durability (one particularly muddy race and the original TRP brake pads were done, which made for some interesting situations towards the end of the race). Pad change is easy, no fumbling with tiny micro-allen keys and even smaller screws (as on Avid Ultimates). Instead, nicely sized lock screws in the brake pad holder, plus good access to the lock screw.