Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TRU-SPEC Women's Lightweight 24-7 Pant
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on May 3, 2014
I am a firearms instructor and range officer. I bought these pants to lead classes and wear while on the range. I read the reviews before submitting order and I'm glad I did. I typically wear a 14 or 16 jean/pant depending on the brand. I have large hips and thighs with a smaller waist. After reading the reviews and suggestions of ordering 2 sizes up, I ordered an 18. They fit perfectly. They have just enough room in the hips and thighs to maneuver through our tactical course and yet don't look baggie while teaching. The fabric is durable and still light and breathable. I wrote this review for those women who aren't a perfect size six and have fears of ordering pants online. I will be ordering the tan to go with the black!
0Comment| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
I have to wear these for work every day (well I'm suppose to wear 5'11s made for mean) but these are a great substitute, they are made for women so no more saggy butt. They have pockets within the pockets to put everything without losing it. I work in the desert and they are not too heavy, it's getting cold and so far they are holding up nicely. They did come unhemmed at the bottom I just fold mine but easy alteration to fix. I'm 5'5 135lbs (small waist, muscular legs) so I ordered the 8 just to be safe and they fit great, I order 1 size 6 and they are just a little snug for working in the desert with a bunch of men, the 8 are loose without being to large.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I ordered a pair of these pants because I needed something to wear while my issued uniforms came in. I tried them up upon arrival and they fit great. They are more lightweight than what I'm accustomed too and they were very comfortable! And then I put them in the wash for the first time...

Maybe I should have washed them by themselves but instead I threw them in a load with the rest of my darks. I probably should have drip dried them too. I pulled them out of the drier still damp and they were a wrinkled, faded mess. The pants issued by my quartermaster had a perma-crease and looked great fresh from the dryer. These needed some serious ironing. A few weeks later my uniforms came in. These pants were issued. Same problems. All of us had the same issues so these were dropped from our procurement list. If you work in a profession where looking neat and professional is mandatory, these are not the pants for you. If you want them for camping, or hiking, or something like that, then these are great. I'll be wearing these to cut the lawn since, because of the quality, I can never wear these for work. The price of these pants is too great for clothing relegated to yard work so I'll pass on these from now on.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2014
Would not recommend to curvier-figured women like myself. I usually wear a 16/18 and went up to a 20 in these expecting a comfortable, and professional fit. They did not fit AT ALL. I couldn't even button them, not to mention they we incredibly low-rise. The material they were made of was also very scratchy and uncomfortable, overall not at all worth the price. Especially if you expect to be able to wear them!!
on January 14, 2015
Although these pants are supposed to be cut for women, they are NOT! They are very short-waisted and ride very high in the crotch. In addition, they fit VERY small. I ordered an 18 which is the size I generally wear in everything. They came in promptly but I couldn't pull them up around my butt. So, I put in a return request and ordered a size 22, figuring I would be swimming in them. They too, came in promptly, and I can wear them, but just barely. Very uncomfortable and tight. These pants look good, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what the right size should be.
on February 25, 2014
I read some of the other reviews about washing, drying and how neat they look. Really depends on what you're doing with them. I use these pants all the time for my EMS job. No need for perfect creases. I spend 95% of my day running around driving, patient care, restocking, training, cleaning and sanitizing. With that being said, pants typically get ruined very quickly. Black pants are always hot in the summer, but these are a lighter weight than others so they give some relief. In the winter I double up with leggings anyway because I'm cold natured. I usually tailor my own pants, since I am 5'4 and 112 lbs. The smallest size they offer is 2, which is still too big.These coming unhemmed are good for me. I can turn them inside out, zip up the inside of both legs and hem the bottom. Viola....size 0 pants. These pants sit on my hips which I like. They don't feel they are strangling my stomach after putting on a belt and radio, pager, cell and filling all the pockets with goodies (extra gloves, light, knife, pens, scissors, note pad and wallet). I always wash my uniforms together in cold with detergent made for darks and I never dry them all the way. After a year there has been some fading compared to new pants, but not enough to demote them to yard work pants. All in all, they are perfect for me.
on November 17, 2012
I have a pair of Tru-Spec tatical pants that I got a lot of use out of and have really held up to the harsh conditions and situations that I work in.

A problem I've run into with the women's Tru-Spec is the fit. I'm somewhat curvy (41in hips) and these run somewhat snug through the hips. I'll have a few items in the back pockets and cargo pockets, but for the hip pockets its just not very comfortable to do a lot of walking with something pressing against your hips.

I do like the elastic hidden band in the waist and allowed for a nice custom fit and gives you the option of wearing a belt all the time.

I would say this is a great pair of pants if you want something to hold up to vigorous work environments and conditions.
on February 7, 2013
I liked the other reviews for these pants so I went with them. Shipping was fast (three days), even though they weren't sold by Amazon directly. The pants came un-hemmed, which I was not aware of, so I'll need to go get them hemmed.

The pants fit very true. I am 5'5" at 130lbs; I ordered a 6 and when I tried them on, I thought "oh no" when they were tight against my thighs and not even around my butt/hips yet. But wouldn't you know, there's elastic built into the waistband so that it's invisible from the outside, and the pants stretched out and slid right on! Then they went snug again around my waist. The elasticity is perfect for being able to bend and crouch. I LOVE that!

Plenty of pockets.

Perfect.
on October 22, 2011
The quality of the pants are wonderful. Roomy and deep pockets.The size seems to run larger than I like. They also seem to run long but are made to easily cut and hem. Overall I am very pleased with these. Am going to order another pair a size smaller this time.
on March 17, 2014
So I read a bunch of reviews to see what size to order, and it seemed like a lot of them said to order a little bigger than your regular pant size, and described their approximate heights and weights. Depending on what brand of pants, I am usually a size 3-6 [26W x 30L]. I do like roomy pants and have to tuck a couple layers of uniform in so I got a size 6, which was a big mistake. It's a little like wearing a circus tent, but I already cut open the package to try them on, so there's not much I can do except try to take in the sides and crotch and wear a good belt :/

The material is very sturdy and I love the big pockets, but don't assume the sizing is european. I wear size 6 H&M pants, am 5'6" ~120 lbs and probably should have gotten a 2 or 4? Woops. It would help if the seller put up the sizes in terms of waist inches for future reference.

Update: I got a size 2 and they fit just right. Still loving all the pockets, how they sit on the hips and not the waist, and the tough material. If I bought two pairs of 5.11s I'd be bankrupt, and these are a true navy blue [unlike Dickies EMT pants].