TRUTH BE TOLD by Buffalo Games - The Laugh Out Loud, Pretend to Know Your Friends Game!
|Price:||$28.29 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Truth Be Told is a revealing party game where players try to guess their friends' answers to questions like "Truth Be Told, my favorite snack is ___."
- Players score points by matching the answer of the person reading the card or having their bluff answer chosen most often by the other players.
- Recommended for 3 - 8 players, ages 14+
- Contents include 564 Questions (141 cards), 8 markers, 8 Fill in the Blank Cards, 8 Paddles and 1 Scoreboard
- Made in the USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
My favorite board game is __________
My favorite historical figure is ________
The one household chore I hate is _________
When it's your turn, everyone tries to figure out the answer you wrote down. The person whose turn it is collects the answers from all the players. After hearing all the answers, players then use their paddles to write down what they think the right response is. You score points by guessing the person's response or by having someone vote for your bluff response. If there are any duplications, the person duplicating has to come up with another answer. First person to score 15 points wins the game.
A nice game with no racy questions. The markers are similar to the ones in Wits and Wagers, which can dry up or otherwise not work properly. Go to your stationery store and spend money on better markers if you plan on playing this game often. You need at least three or four to play, ideally five or six is better. Up to eight can play. A good party game to get people talking.
1. Hard to play with multiple age groups. Played at a family birthday party.
2. Dry erase comes off card too easily, so because they have to be passed to the "host" of the turn and answers hidden, it is really hard given any touching takes the words off.
3. Many questions were too vague, so the answers didn't go together. Example: When I hosted, a question was, "I would go back to school for ______" I though immediately of going back to high school and wrote to get back my high school weight, my father though going back to college, so he wrote dietitian, my son I'm not sure what he was thinking wrote math class, my mother wrote I wouldn't go back, etc.
4. Here is where the laughs came in, in trying to get the whole family to understand how to play. It was not that the game was hard to play by any means, but there were a lot of rules and the scoring took some getting used to. Plus the who writes what where and where that goes with the Truth Be Told cards and the paddles, etc.
5. After playing, I could also see how in the wrong group, this kind of game could leave hurt feelings (had mine hurt once, but hid it), fights, etc.
I hate to give bad reviews, but I really don't recommend this game :( I gave it 2 stars rather than one only because it gave us one night of fun in trying to figure it out and complaining about it.
Since the questions are open-ended, your group can make this game whatever they want! Can be fun but also can be serious.
I look forward to playing it again!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the funniest games I have played with my friends! I don't understand why it's not sold in stores but it is absolutely fantastic!!!Published 8 months ago by Rebecca
I don't think I have played a game that has made me laugh as much as this one!!! It is a fun family game but a blast as an ADULTS ONLY game!!!! ;)Published 11 months ago by WCook
I got this for my youngest daughter for her Birthday! She LOVES IT!!Published 12 months ago by Ed Dennis...Mr Ed
Great transaction and the game is a lot of fun. I bought three as gifts and one for myself.Published 18 months ago by N. Blackham
The instructions are more complicated than they need to be. We have found an easier and quicker way to score (similar to Likewise) which we like better.Published on January 31, 2014 by betty luzadder