Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
TSM Products Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator with 5 Stainless Steel Shelves
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Excellent for raw food diets or making natural snacks like jerky fruit leathers apple chips or any of your favorite dried fruits or vegetables
- 5 stainless steel shelves 22ga - 304 food grade stainless steel housing, will not rust
- 800 watt heating element and fan creates horizontal air flow Maintains even dehydrating temperatures Adjustable thermostat temperature range from 90º - 165ºF
- Rack design allows for thorough interior Removable back panel houses motor and electrical components for cleaning and routine maintenance also allows for cleaning and routine maintenance
- Outside dimensions: 18.75 x 16.5 x 9 inch
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Excellent for raw food cooking. Easily makes great tasting natural snacks like jerky, fruit leathers, apple chips or any of your favorite dried fruits or vegetables. Compact 5 tray design, 22ga - 304 food grade stainless steel construction, will not rust. The 800 watt heating element and fan creates horizontal air flow for maintaining even temperatures. Includes timer and adjustable thermostat; temperature range from 90º - 165ºF. Removable back panel houses motor and electrical components, also allows for cleaning and routine maintenance. Louvered door maximizes removal of moisture. Innovative rack design allows for thorough cleaning of interior. Includes 5 - 16.24 x 14.5 stainless steel shelves. Outside dimensions: 18.75 x 16.5 x 9in.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have recently purchased this dehydrator after looking at reviews for other machines. I must say that I did not expect to have it running almost non-stop. Thinking of new items to dehydrate. I am particualrly fond of the banana chips I give to my pet. She looks at the machine with her mouth watering.
I am happy that I purchased the all stainless steel as over time, it will hold up to hours and days of use. I was a bit surprised at the size even though the dimensions were given. It is larger than a small microwave. Fits nicely under kitchen cabinets. Looks chic with other stainess appliances.
I have searched but have not been able to find a thermometer with a probe to fit in the front cover to monitor the temperatures more closely.
* the 12 hour timer is great
* the temp control has different colored shading - no numbers/ it would be good to guesstimate of the internal the temperature as it does not come with an additional thermometer
* the square design makes adding items very easy to do without falling in the middle hole like round units
* 5 trays hold a lot of items
* I wish the small manual had more info in it as some of the other units advertise (a how to begin dehydrating book would be a better draw)
* it does not get as hot as it claims to get on the outside (good thing)
* the stainless sliding up door has cut my finger - it is almost like a guillatine (sp?)
* there are no accessories (fruit roll sheet or jerky seasonings or liners) included. It would have been helpful to try to help make a buying decision as I am new to dehydrating.
* the fan sounds similar to an air purifier or small floor fan while running.
I'll update when I have used the unit a bit more.
If you can afford to spend the $$ on the SS shelves, I would definitely do so.
UPDATE FEB 1, 2011
I must say I haven't grown tired of my new best friend. I noticed it has a steady on switch if you don't want to use the 12 hr timer. Missed that before.
my favorites all without sulfites
watermelon - tastes like candy
bananas - leathery if you dehydrate for apprx 12 hours/ crunchy if you do 24 hours
stone fruits - apricots, peaches
The unit is very easy on the electric bill - minimal change in my monthly bill.
Again, very happy that I purchased the stainless steel shelves. Clean up is a breeze. The fan is mounted in the back so no messy spills get on it. I haven't had to rotate shelves as every shelf appears to get equal heating.
If you are using a food that may have a high sugar content, spray the shelves with Pam and everything comes off easily.
Purchased a jerky gun and seasonings. They are the best I've ever had.
I did decide to give raw a try. There are so many possibilities with food and DESSERTS. It is a bit expensive to start your pantry off - about the cost of this dehydrator.
Update April 16, 2012
Well, the dehydrator is the most used appliance in the kitchen in terms of number of hours used. I continue to dehydrate my fruits and kale chips. When making raw soups, they taste a little better when you use the dehydrator to knock the chill off. One of my better appliance investments. Instead of using cooking spay, I use parchment paper now and cleanup is even easier.
My TSM dehydrator arrived several months ago, but decided to wait to write review until my 1/2 acre vegetable garden came into full production. My primary goal was to dry tomatoes (I have 65 plants this year). The garden was has been late coming in, but is now in full swing, so I am drying tomatoes like mad!
My first impression of the dehydrator was that it was extremely well made and pretty to look at. My husband, with engineering background and company with large mechanical shop, was very impressed. (I understand that each of these dehydrators is custom made in a shop.)
Had decided to buy stainless steel, first because it appealed to me and, close second, food safety. Didn't want to heat food for hours on plastics. No problem with door edges or noise (see other reviews). Love the sturdy, ventilated trays, food dries evenly. However, because of food odors during dehydration, we decided even before using it for the first time to dehydrate on the back porch. Might not have been a problem inside, but we have room outside and it seemed like a good idea. Works great there.
Because of the few negative comments I had read about this item, called the manufacturer before buying. No problems contacting, excellent information and feedback regarding my questions. Couldn't have been more pleased or satisfied with that contact.
I am so glad that I made the decision to buy this product. Well made, good-looking, solid, does exactly what it is designed to do.
My new TSM dehydrator is wonderful. This has a timer & food drying guide printed on the TSM showing the temperatures recommended for Herbs, Vegetables, Fruits, Meat & Fish & Jerky. Easy to clean. The fan is in the back so no dripping on the unit below. There is a small hole in the front of the dehydrator to insert a food thermometer. This is wonderful. To make this dehydrator perfect it would be nice to have a thermometer included with the unit and even though the temperature guide is shaded, the number range would be helpful if printed on the guide. I figured out the shaded areas right off but for some, they need the numbers. Overall, this dehydrator has become my new best friend in the kitchen. Thanks TSM!!!!! Worth every penny. P.S. If you haven't tried hamburger jerky (yes,hamburger)check out JUST JERKY by Mary Bell. I make hamburger jerky in this dehydrator every week. So much easier to "chew" with endless marinating possibilities. Hamburger absorbs all your liquids & spices.
This unit has a 1 year warranty.
I place my shelves in the dishwasher.
July 2012...Still loving this dehydrator. I've read some of the comments regarding a sound coming from the dehydrator. I too, hear this sound from time to time. A metallic vibrating sound. It's not that loud and disappears in time. It hasn't affected the excellent job this machine does.
I own my own small farm, and this beast takes care of all the produce that comes back from my three markets. All Stainless steel.
Only con is sometimes the timer does not stop when it hits 0, so you must check it about the time you wish it to turn off.