TSM Products Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator with 5 Stainless Steel Shelves
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Excellent for raw food diets or making natural snacks like jerky fruit leathers apple chips or any of your favorite dried fruits or vegetables
- 5 stainless steel shelves 22ga - 304 food grade stainless steel housing, will not rust
- 800 watt heating element and fan creates horizontal air flow Maintains even dehydrating temperatures Adjustable thermostat temperature range from 90º - 165ºF
- Rack design allows for thorough interior Removable back panel houses motor and electrical components for cleaning and routine maintenance also allows for cleaning and routine maintenance
- Outside dimensions: 18.75 x 16.5 x 9 inch
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I looked and looked and couldn't find another option until I happened to notice someone talking about the Sausage Maker on a raw foods message board. After some research, I realized TSM and Sausage Maker are one and the same. Sausage Maker originated as a dehydrator for hunters to preserve their game. But raw foodists caught on and started using their dehydrators because of their high quality. TSM realized they had another market demographic and wisely took the sausage logo off the machine.
The unit itself is very good looking. It's well built and has a sexy industrial appearance for the kitchen. It's quiet-very quiet which I didn't think would matter since I like white noise, but if you are going to have something on for 20 hours in a small space, it can be really annoying if it's too loud.
The trays are high quality stainless steel and it has a timer. A timer! This is so helpful when you have something going for many hours and is surprisingly absent from many dehydrators. Their customer service is friendly and helpful, I had to call about the temperature dial--it corresponds to the chart on the top left of the machine, raw foodists will want their knob to stay within that first space on the dial in case anyone else is wondering. Also, be sure to ask for one with a little hole in the door for a thermometer probe if you want to to monitor the temperature (and you probably will).Read more ›
I have recently purchased this dehydrator after looking at reviews for other machines. I must say that I did not expect to have it running almost non-stop. Thinking of new items to dehydrate. I am particualrly fond of the banana chips I give to my pet. She looks at the machine with her mouth watering.
I am happy that I purchased the all stainless steel as over time, it will hold up to hours and days of use. I was a bit surprised at the size even though the dimensions were given. It is larger than a small microwave. Fits nicely under kitchen cabinets. Looks chic with other stainess appliances.
I have searched but have not been able to find a thermometer with a probe to fit in the front cover to monitor the temperatures more closely.
* the 12 hour timer is great
* the temp control has different colored shading - no numbers/ it would be good to guesstimate of the internal the temperature as it does not come with an additional thermometer
* the square design makes adding items very easy to do without falling in the middle hole like round units
* 5 trays hold a lot of items
* I wish the small manual had more info in it as some of the other units advertise (a how to begin dehydrating book would be a better draw)
* it does not get as hot as it claims to get on the outside (good thing)
* the stainless sliding up door has cut my finger - it is almost like a guillatine (sp?)
* there are no accessories (fruit roll sheet or jerky seasonings or liners) included.Read more ›
When I first got the machine, I did take some time to find out where, on the dial, the different temperatures were, and made my own markings, validated by the Taylor 5989 thermometer. If you need to change temperatures (which I've found out I don't), then it's worth taking some time to do this, and to get a reliable thermometer, such as the Taylor 5989.
Noise has never been an issue. In fact, it's so quiet I sometimes forget I have food drying in it until I notice the gentle hum.
Didn't know this until I started using the machine, but I easily fill up the 5 capacious racks and would love to have a larger model with more drying space (how do people get by with smaller Excalibur models??); but then I'd probably not be able to fit a larger size on my kitchen counter.
All and all, the TSM is a simple, reliable, well-built dehydrator. It's my first one, and I'm very happy with it and expect to be using it for many years. Love the fact that it's stainless steel and not plastic. This would be a 5-star review if:
(1) the controls were located on the *front* of the machine where they could be easily accessed and seen;
(2) the side edges of the front cover were thicker or rounded off (thin metal poses a cutting risk)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love, love, love this dehydrator!! It works flawlessly and is very quiet.Published 6 months ago by Cheryl
Amazing. Great quality, worth every penny! Have made dried apples and deer jerky.Published 7 months ago by Mitchell Endick
Why use a product that has BPA in it's plastic? You will be running 130 degree heat over that material for hours, which loads up your house with fumes. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Russell Lawson
Needs a temp read out. Other wise once you get temp settings down. It is great.Published 10 months ago by Bowler
LOVE....THIS.....DEHYDRATOR!!! Ok a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.Published 10 months ago by pdmkiss
Great dehydrator, all metal parts except for knobs. A bit expensive but worth the money.Published 13 months ago by Holly P.
I am writing my question here because the question section permitted for a limited amount of characters. Read morePublished 17 months ago by J. Rios
Looked everywhere for a stainless steel one and this is it! Even some of the higher-end Excalibur ones have plastic lining the interior, so this was what I was looking for. Read morePublished 21 months ago by LS
Wonderful Dehydrator!! Powerful and fast - and I read someone said it was loud? I didn't think so. Dries everything very evenly, and is Stainless, so I don't worry about plastic... Read morePublished on June 27, 2014 by Bebe