How it works
1. Tell us about your tablet
Answer a few questions about its condition to receive a trade-in quote for your Amazon Fire tablet or non-Amazon tablet. Even non-working devices are eligible.
2. Ship it for free
Print a shipping label and send your tablet for free—we'll verify its condition within 7 days.
3. Get credit towards a Fire Tablet*
Once accepted, an Amazon Gift Card equal to an appraised value of your old tablet, plus a bonus 25% off any of the current generation Fire tablets will be applied to your account.
Ready to trade in?
Select from popular Amazon Fire tablets and other tablets.
Already traded in?
Use your Amazon gift card + 25% off on any of these current generation Fire tablets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Amazon Trade-In program?
The Amazon Trade-In program allows customers to receive an Amazon.com Gift Card in exchange for thousands of eligible items including video games, Amazon Devices, books, and more. The process is easy and convenient with an immediate offer and free shipping.
How long will it take to receive payment once I trade in my item?
Depending on your location, trade-in items may take up to 10 business days to arrive before they are processed. The packages you sent can be tracked anytime in Your Trade-In Account.
Once your item is received and appraised, you'll receive an e-mail notification within 2 business days informing you whether your items were accepted or rejected. You can find the status of your trade-in anytime in Your Trade-In Account. Once your trade-in value has been paid, you'll see the amount when viewing your gift card balance.
Instant Payment may be offered on eligible trade-ins. If your submission is eligible for and you choose to participate in Instant Payment for your trade-in items, you will receive Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the trade-in value at the time you initiate a trade-in.
What condition do my items need to be in?
In general, all items you wish to trade in must match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In search results or on the product page on Amazon.com. You can find the full condition descriptions by visiting our Electronics Eligibility Criteria page.
How do I unlock or deregister my device?
You must unlock your device from cloud services prior to shipping us your trade-in. You can find instructions by visiting Unlock or Deregister Your Device for Trade-In.
Are there any shipping or other fees?
When submitting a trade-in, customers will print a free pre-paid shipping label for sending in all items. There are no fees. If a trade-in item is not accepted and is returned, there is no cost for return shipping.
Are there any shipping or other fees?
There are no shipping or other fees. When submitting a trade-in, customers will print a free pre-paid shipping label for sending in all items. If a trade-in item is not accepted and is returned, there is no cost for return shipping.
How long do I have to ship my tablet?
Please make sure to ship your trade-in by the date specified on the shipping label.
What do I do if I lost my shipping label?
You can re-print a shipping label by going to Your Trade-In Account and clicking the Print Shipping Label button on the trade-in order. If you have multiple packages or other shipping questions, check out our Packing and Shipping Instructions.
Can I trade in an item that isn't listed in the Trade-In Store?
If your item is not listed in the Trade-In Store, then we currently do not have an offer for it. However the Trade-In program is constantly updated with new items, so check back regularly.
Where can I find the status of my trade-in?
The most recent status of your trade-in is available online anytime in Your Trade-In Account.
Can I trade-in my Kindle in person?
We accept many Amazon Devices for trade-in at participating Amazon Pop-Up and Amazon Books locations. Find your nearest eligible location and which eligible Amazon Devices are accepted at each Amazon Pop-Up location and Amazon Books location. Our associates will review your Amazon Device and provide a trade-in offer based on the model and condition. Even non-working Amazon Devices are eligible.
You can find full program details by visiting our Amazon Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions page.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a limited time promotion. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
• Qualifying trade-ins must be completed on Amazon.com by 9:00 am (Pacific Time) June 28th, 2019 and sent to us within 14 days from trade-in submission.
• Trade-in eligible tablets will be reviewed in accordance with the Amazon Trade-In Program Terms and Conditions and any applicable Condition Criteria. You will be eligible for an Amazon.com Gift Card and the bonus 25% savings only if your trade-in item is accepted.
• The discount can be used only toward the purchase of a new Fire 7 Tablet, Fire HD 8 Tablet, Fire HD 10 Tablet, Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet, Fire HD 10 Kids Edition Tablet, Fire Kids Essential Bundle, or Fire Kids Listening Bundle (each, a “qualifying Fire tablet”) that is shipped and sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC and does not apply to other digital products, used products, or products sold by sellers other than Amazon Digital Services LLC.
• Once your tablet trade-in is accepted, you can place a new qualifying Fire tablet in your cart and discount will be automatically applied at checkout. The promotional discount will expire at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on August 31st, 2019.
• The discount towards a new qualifying Fire tablet may be used only once and may not be combined with other offers. The discount towards a new qualifying Fire tablet may be combined with an Amazon.com Gift Card value, including any Amazon.com Gift Card value you receive from your trade-in.
• If you selected Instant Payment and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 days, or the item you submitted for trade-in was rejected or the item is downgraded to a lower trade-in value and at the time of your submission you opted to receive the lower trade-in value rather than have the item returned to you, you authorize us to first deduct any charges from your Trade-In Amazon.com Gift Card, with any remaining balance charged to your credit card on file.
• If you selected Instant Payment and received a promotional discount toward the purchase of a new qualifying Fire tablet and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 calendar days, or your trade-in is rejected, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the amount of the promotional credit used.
• Offer is limited to one per customer and account.
• Shipping charges may apply to your order of a new qualifying Fire tablet. If you redeem this offer towards a new qualifying Fire tablet and return the Fire tablet, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
• Trade-In restrictions apply. See Trade-In Terms and Conditions.
• Gift Card restrictions apply. See Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
• If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.