Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 107 reviews
on May 13, 2014
It's rennet. It does what it's supposed to and almost nobody will ever read this. It makes cheese. You're probably thinking about making cheese if you're reading this, and well, it works. Just don't eat these like candy. They do not taste like cheese.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2014
This was pretty fun. I made farmer's cheese before so finally decided to try to make mozzarella. I bought this, citric acid, a gallon of pasteurized milk and used my digital baking thermometer and made over a pound of fresh cheese! Total expenses, less than $20, including the milk.
This was a fun and easy experiment and this small order of rennet is enough to make over forty pounds of cheese.
The pill form is a bit tricky though. Even with the little indents, I couldn't easily split this into four parts (each tab makes four gallons).
Edit: Keep this in the freezer.

If you found this review useful, please like it.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2016
I make a lot of cheese (paneer) for Indian cooking and I use 1/2 tablet per gallon of milk. These tablets give you a very high yield of curd and unlike so many Indian recipes, that require you to bring the milk to a simmer before tossing in lemon juice, those days are gone. I simply heat up the milk to 90 degrees F. and drop the dissolved rennet into the milk and stir for 30 seconds then cover off the burner. Come back in 1 hour and my curd is ready to become cheese. What a time and energy saver!
on March 4, 2013
I bought this to make cheese and made the best cheese Mozzerella. My family loved it as well. Great product
on February 6, 2014
I have used these tables many times. I prefer the liquid vegetable rennet as you don't have to dissolve the liquid as you do these tables. They made great cheese though and I would recommend either the tablets or the liquid.
on February 19, 2016
This product description clearly states that the tablets are scored in quarters for ease of use (1 quarter tablet is needed per gallon of milk). I specifically ordered these tablets for that reason. And...they are NOT scored in quarters. They are half scored. Haven't used them yet as I have others just like them.
on February 26, 2016
I've made cheese in the past with Rennet bought from a local Spanish market. I think this Rennet was old. I've wasted 4 gallons of milk using these tablets. Very disappointed in this product. Since there are mostly good reviews, I may have gotten a bad batch.
on April 5, 2014
I have been having trouble finding rennet for cheese making. This was exactly what I was looking for and will work perfectly. It arrived in a timely manner
on December 9, 2015
Used with some recipes from the book "One Hour Cheese". We started with whole milk and ended up with cheese, so I guess they work. I'm not an expert cheesemaker by any stretch of the imagination, so there may be other products which are better... I really don't know, but I do know that I was successful with this and will probably order it again when I am out.
on December 28, 2013
I'll give this rennet tablet 5 stars. It works wonderfully; however, lemon juice from my tree's fruit works just as well. One tablet or 3 good sized lemons. Either way, works great for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.