- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 7.1 x 5.1 inches ; 7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 7.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B019L3PA4W
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (61 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #85,943 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Tac-Bar - Ready to Eat Tactical Food Rations for 5 Days (12,500cals) with 10 Aquatabs for Water Purification. Free Survival Kit
|Price:||$69.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 Days of Ready to Eat Food Rations Fortified with Vitamins and Minerals. 5 Year Shelf Life. Made in the USA.
- Contains Honey, Whey Protein, Oats and Coconut. High in Calories, Fat, Protein, Vitamins & Minerals. *Ingredients and Nutrition changes Dec 2016
- 10 Aquatab 17 mg Tablets for the Purification of 50 Liters of Water in a Tac-H2O Resealable 4-layer Mylar Pouch
- Ruggedized Ammo Can is Designed for Transportation and Storage of your Tac-Bar Tactical Food Rations
- Free survival tin: Metal tin sealed with removable tape, stainless steel multi-tool with case and instructions, gold emergency blanket, magnetic compass, monofilament line, fishing line spool, 2 fishing hooks, 2 lead fishing sinkers, plastic fishing worm (various color and size), 2 double sided razor blades, steel fire starter with ferrocerium rod inlay and striker, Survival whistle, Candle.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||5.12 x 7.09 x 11.42 inches|
|Shipping Weight||7.4 pounds|
|Size||BUG OUT BOX|
Tac-Bar is the only ration designed to perfectly fit into this standardized ammo can five at a time. Additionally, our 4 layer Mylar vacuum pouches have a thickness of 110 microns, the strongest around. Shipping, storage and deployment often damages food rations if they are not adequately protected, not a chance of that in our ammo can. Many prepper and tactical supplies are packaged in stackable ammo cans. Conforming to this system makes storage and deployment both practical and efficient. In a SHTF or extended tactical deployment scenario, food performance is paramount. There's lots to consider whether bugging in or out. Fact is, your body needs real food to perform at its peak and retain mental clarity. Tac-Bar has been engineered for a specific balance of calories, fats, carbohydrates, natural sugars, protein, vitamins and minerals to keep you operating at your best. There is no other food that can compare with Tac-Bar’s daily recommended vitamin and mineral levels. Serious consideration to the physical size and weight of your provisions needs to be given. Tac-Bar is the highest calorie, vitamin & minerals combination per mass and volume around. There is no other ready to eat survival, emergency or tactical ration that contains real foods such as honey, oats or whey protein isolate. Tac Bar also requires no prep work, just snap off a piece and keep moving and stay alert. If you're using a vehicle to head to your bug-out location, just throw a Tac-Bar ammo can into it and you're set for a week for food (12,500cal) and water purification (50L). There is no silver bullet for survivalist food and no one wants to eat the same thing for extended periods. However, Tac-Bar has its place in any survivalists food plan. A free survival tin is now included, please visit the Tac-Bar website for more info on this and other great features of the Tac-Bar system.
Seller Warranty Description5 Years
Top customer reviews
Bottom line up front: Tac-Bar rations are the best tasting, most nutritious, ready-to-eat emergency food I've tasted to date, and I've tasted plenty. This is a definite "buy."
After the ammo box arrived I took it into the woods for an afternoon test run. The can contains five 2500-calorie ration bars, wrapped individually in tough Mylar pouches. The box also has 20 Aquatab purification tablets and a very basic survival kit.
What did I learn in my afternoon outdoors test?
- The rations taste great! They remind me of lemon shortbread cookies. When I warmed up some chunks over the fire they tasted even better. I let family, friends and coworkers taste this and only one didn't like it.
- The rations didn't make me thirsty, which was a big surprise.
- The 2500 calories can easily sustain me for a day with moderate exertion.
- The Aquatabs are a nice touch. The ammo can holds more than a liter of water and I purified a can full. I'm glad the pouch the tabs come in is resealable.
- The ammo can has many uses besides toting the contents. I used it as a water carrier, step stool and chair (of sorts).
- The survival kit is good for the following, IMHO: Starting a fire, setting up a heat reflector, and that's about it.
- A ration bar is good enough to take backpacking to provide one day's food. They taste great, but given a choice, I'm not sure I'd want to eat the rations indefinitely.
- Price. The Tac-Bars are quite expensive. Remember, though, that you get what you pay for. Just read the ingredient list and you'll see why they cost so much.
- I wish the Tac-Bar ration pouches were resealable.
- The rations are crumbly.
- The survival kit, while fun to play with, is not something I'd stake my life on. If you think you'll grab this box and run into the woods to hide for a
week, I'm afraid you're in for a surprise. However, if you know that going in, then the survival tin could be a nice supplement to a well-prepared bug out bag.
That's it! These are worth buying.
Forgot a rather important part of the review, eating of the Tac-Bar itself. Since I have something of a weak stomach and I’ve always heard that it’s recommend to try any survival rations you purchase to make sure they are OK for you I decided to only eat a single Tac-Bar for a day, plus water. Well also my cup of morning coffee! The Tac-Bar was easy to split with a butter knife into its three sections. It was slightly crumbly so you want to use a plate or such to catch them.
I ate one section for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It surprising enough tasted to me like the cookie dough you find in the Breyers Cookie Dough ice cream, though with a slight citrusy taste to it. Just eating the single section left me feeling comfortably full for quite a while and didn’t upset my stomach in the slightest and it left me regular, which is a very good things because if you’re in a survival situation the last thing you want to get is the runs. I also noticed I seem to have a bit more energy during the day especially near the end of work, which again a great thing for survival.
I highly recommend these survival rations!
Most recent customer reviews
Taste great, dies not leave you parched.