Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 234 reviews
on September 15, 2016
Bought this as a birthday present for the hubby -- he loves having it in his pack. Comes with an added light -- not super strong, but very handy when built in to the tool. The window punch is also very easy to use, and great to have with a utility tool.

Belt cutter and knife are both wicked sharp, and this whole tool is well constructed and sturdy.
on February 11, 2016
I was looking at this knife for weeks, reading reviews, looking at picures...ect. Finally I decided to just buy it and I'm glad I did! I originally told myself I would always leave it in my car for emergencies but it is so handy to have I wear it almost every day!

First of all, yes, it's rather large; but, what other knife has blade, seat belt cutter, light and window breaker? The knife on this thing is RAZOR sharp. I read many comments on here about "no instructions on how to close the knife," and "it's not very intuitive." If you have ever owned a pocket knife in your life, you will know and understand how to close this knife with no problems.

Since getting this knife I find myself walking around trying to find any and all pieces of glass I can break but unfortunately haven't broken my car windows out yet! I tested the window puncher on a piece of wood and it's pretty crazy how big of a punch it indents into the wood.

Pros:
Very Sharp
Inexpensive
Nice "film" on the handle for a little added grip
Very crisp blade open / easy to close
Nice sheath
Overall very good quality

Cons:
Overall large, but given what it is and it's purpose....It's acceptable
None at this time
on November 15, 2014
I'm a FireMedic and wanted an all in one tool that was practical. I've gone through a lot of knives looking for something that had a lot of things I could use in the field and so far this has been one of the best. I have previously owned rescue knives that have a small glass breaker tip at the end and have found those to be impractical because of the way you have to use them. This one being spring loaded allows you to simply put it against the surface and push down breaking it with ease and eliminating the need for you to try and strike a window. The seatbelt cutter works effortlessly so long as there is tension being applied to the seatbelt strap. Very happy with this purchase and highly recommend it.
on June 22, 2017
I really feel secure with this knife. I can quick draw it, and it has everything we need if the car plunges into the water, or if someone else's car plunges into the water. But more importantly it has a lot of tools on it that I would use that I'd like to reach quickly. My leatherman has a lot of tools on it but that's for projects where seconds are either in short supply, or my patience is in short supply.
- The bulkiness of the knife is definitely something worth considering, but it isn't so bad. I tend to buy clothes that let you carry a lot of heavy gear while still looking dapper. (5.11 Tactical) In other words I have enough pockets that my EDC lets me carry one item per pocket, so I don't have to worry about my knife pocket being anything other than my knife pocket.
- It has a nub on it that lets you open it one-handed. I've been practicing with it and I can open it quickly with a flick of the wrist. The seatbelt cutter can't be flicked open, but whatever.
- The flashlight is super bright, the seatbelt cutter is super sharp, the glass breaker is spring-loaded (but not advised to try using to chip ice), and the knife is (was) sharp and it's good to have a serrated edge in case of need to saw something. Well, the blade WAS sharp. I gotta sharpen mine. I've used it quite a lot. But it's nice to have.
- The flashlight battery does need to be replaced on occasion but it's good to have a flashlight that's out of the way. If the battery was rechargable via micro-USB or something it would be a godsend!
- The only real drawback to this knife is that the liner lock really hurts to close the knife with. I had to use my fingernail on my other hand at first. Becoming more experienced with this knife has allowed me to close it one-handed as well, but it still leaves a noticeable scar on my thumb.
on November 14, 2013
The T3 is just what you need for an Auto Rescue tool. While it was designed for EMT's it works perfectly well for the rest of us. I used nylon ties through the belt loop to mount it in an easily reachable location on my driver's side door. This allows me to remove the tool quickly in an emergency, or to clip it onto my belt with the belt clip. It's always available should I need it. It's extremely well made and works easily and quickly once you've practiced a couple of times. I recommend the T3 for anyone who needs an auto emergency tool.
on March 30, 2017
This item is a great all-around rescue tool. I had one previously and lost it somewhere on scene of an incident. I used it all the time for about 4 years. After losing the first one, I'm glad to see this one hasn't changed a bit in quality over the years.

Highly recommended for anyone, not just First Responders.
on August 11, 2015
Watched a video on statistics based on people who die from drowning in their cars. Nothing to be alarmed, but the video claimed that most drownings are from people unable to get free from their seat belts due to panic and difficulty. Then those who do get free cannot open doors or break windows due to water pressure. I thought this device would be handy, even though it is extremely unlikely I would be in this situation. Product also has a knife that could be used as a weapon. The window breaker is very easy to use as all you do is press the button-looking end against the window and it will break the window. The hook-looking blade is for cutting through your seat-belt. Great product! Hopefully will never have to use.
on November 29, 2016
I have several of these knives and give them as gifts to others in my field. They are quality built and very useful. I keep one in my fire gear and one in each of my cars. Such a great personal tool.

The light died out after a little while and isn't very useful for its intended purpose if it gets wear. But I don't really care about the light aspect.

The thumb ridge for unsheathing the knife from the inside is very flimsy and falls off after wear. Not a very important aspect as you can just use the metal of the knife with your thumb with no problem.

I am hard on my tools and this one is a great quality piece of work.

Great buy!
on July 30, 2013
Note......I've only had this knife for a couple of days and I haven't used it on duty. I will certainly update if I'm less than pleased later, but I've been a Firefighter/Medic for over 20 years and I've seen many knives in that time.

The tool is made really well. The blades are strong and tight and the whole thing seems very rugged/sturdy in my hand and as I open/close the blades. When locked into place, the blades have no give and if I have any complaint about the operation at all, its simply that the mechanisms are really tight and hurt my thumb a little when operating. The experience I've had with this issue is that over time, through practice and break in, this will become less of a problem.

I bought this to replace a Smith & Wesson rescue knife that I'd bought years ago (somewhere around 1996 or 1997). I always kept that knife in its sheath attached to my bunker coat and it served me well. Somehow I lost it this year, so I went out in search of a new one. I chose the T3 because of the price, the features, the reviews, and the blade was better than the one I'd had which was pretty much just a seatbelt cutter. I'm going to try to get to a salvage yard to play with the cutter and punch, but at the moment I have no reason to believe they won't work fine.

The only real downsides to this knife that I can find is that, like others' have said, the light isn't very bright. I'm not sure what I was expecting though, so I'm not really disappointed with it. In a dark area, it will give you enough light to navigate your surroundings and can obviously be used for pupil checks (although it is a bit bright when you look directly at the beam, so your patients may not cooperate). Out past 10 foot or so, the light becomes lost. I seriously wasn't looking for a knife with a light on it though, so this is almost a non-issue for me. One thing I did notice is that when trying to open the seatbelt cutter, the position of the light button makes it very easy to turn on during the thumb "sweep" operation. I guess I'll just have to check it when I close the knife....or more likely....replace the batteries ;).

As far as the size.....some people have commented on how large the knife is. When I read the reviews I was expecting a machete, tbh. I didn't care because like I said, I'm going to carry the tool on my bunker coat. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really isn't obtrusively big. The knife is about the same length as other pocket clip duty knives I've used, but its about twice the width (about 3/4"). It has a sheath, but I suspect it could be worn on the pocket without discomfort. TBH, I'm considering doing just this as I'm not sure I won't use it more often than I used to use the S&W Rescue knife. Either way....as a new full-time service knife or a specialized tool when I'm in my gear....I'm completely satisfied with this piece of equipment and do not regret my choice at all.
on July 9, 2014
The was everything I was expecting from a rescue tool. I tested the glass breaker on my desk pad about 3 weeks ago and there's still an indentation in the pad. The tool was so impressive, my wife wanted one also.

I need to add to my review. My wife and I were driving ti my in-laws for Thanksgivivg dinner when a horrible accident occurred about 50 yards in front of me. A car didn't see traffic was slowing on the freeway and rear ended the car in front. The then flipped upside down and a family of four were trapped inside. It was good to see about a dozen cars stop to help out. I used the tool to cut the seatbelt from a boy who was trapped inside with broken leg. It cut threw the belt like butter. I also broke a window to help the wife and daughter out of the vehicle. The father complained of back and neck pain so we left him in the car until EMT showed up. There was no immediate threat of fire. I was the only one who had a tool, but several people asked about it after law enforcement and fire arrived on scene. It worked better than advertised. Everyone should have one in their vehicle.