Tagg Pet GPS Plus - Dog and Cat Tracker Collar Attachment
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Find Them Quickly If They Get Lost - The Tagg GPS Pet Tracker lets you set your pet's home zone and notifies you if they wander off using its award winning GPS location tracking system.
- Nationwide Coverage - Tagg uses cellular and GPS technology to pinpoint your dog's location anywhere in the U.S.
- Text & Email Alerts - On-demand notifications via app, text and email alerts when your pet gets out.
- Maps & Directions - If you ever need it, Tagg provides maps and directions so you can find your pet quickly and easily.
- Keep Them Healthy - Track your dog's activity and rest, getting key insights about their behavior and health
- Air Temperature Sensor - Tagg monitors your pet's surroundings and alerts you when they get too hot or cold (feature released in Autumn 2015)
- Dog Proof: 10-Day battery life, waterproof, and durable
- Device requires a service plan as low as $6.95/month to be selected at activation.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Never lose your pet again
Tagg GPS Plus is one of the world’s most popular GPS Pet Trackers. Not to be confused with the common microchip, Tagg uses advanced GPS location tracking and the nation's largest wireless network to help you find your pet wherever they go. Tagg allows you to define a safe zone around your home and receive on-demand text and email alerts when your pet leaves that zone.
Nationwide GPS tracking
'More than 10 million pets are lost each year'- ASPCA. Tagg uses cellular and GPS technology to pinpoint your dog's location anywhere in the US. Get texts, emails and even in-app notifications so you'll know right away if your pet gets lost. If you ever need it, Tagg even provides maps and directions so you can find your pet quickly and easily.
Air temperature sensor
Protect your pet from extreme temperatures with our air temperature sensing feature. Tagg monitors your pet's surroundings and alerts you when they get too hot or cold (feature will be released in Fall of 2015).
Keep them active and healthy
Research has shown that pets hide their illness or disease very well. Tagg has a motion sensor (accelerometer) that senses and calculates the pet’s activity level throughout the day. This accelerometer allows for a pet parent to monitor the pet’s activity through four distinct categories. Rest, light activity, moderate activity, and high activity. The activity is then translated into Tagg points to allow a user to set fitness goals and realize potential life-threatening health trends.
Our mobile app
Our current app (available for iPhone and Android smartphones) is a convenient way to stay in touch with your pet. The Tagg App is a great way to track and find them quickly to bring them home safe. Now that Tagg is part of Whistle, we will be launching a new and improved Whistle version of the app coming Summer 2015.
Create customize notification alerts for yourself and contacts, access your pet profile, view your tracker’s battery status, and more.
Track and find your pet anywhere
Use the app to locate where your pet is on a map, even when you’re on the go. If you ever need it, Tagg provides maps and directions so you can find your pet quickly and easily.
Play an active role in their health
Your pet needs regular exercise to stay healthy. With 24/7 access to detailed tracking data from each day and over time, you'll always know how much activity your pet is really getting.
Keeping your pet happy, healthy and safe
The Tagg GPS Plus Tracker comes with a long lasting Li-Ion battery and utilizes our new battery technology have the most improved battery life yet (Over 10+ days on average). The Tracker communicates with the docking station using shortwave radio frequency and will stay in power-saving mode when the device is nearby. This allows the Tagg Tracker to optimize battery life when the pet is at home and near the docking station. Created to keep up with your playful pet, Tagg is durable, ruggedized, waterproof and ready to go wherever your pet goes.
What's in the box?
- 1 Tracker
- 1 Charging base station
- Collar clip attachment
- Power kit
- Quick start guide
Tagg GPS Plus is a location tracking device that attaches to your dog's collar so you can keep track of them wherever they go or if they ever sneak out. Tagg uses advanced cellular GPS technology to help pinpoint your dog’s location should they ever become lost. Tagg is an award-winning GPS Tracker that sends text and email alerts when your pet wanders off. You can locate your pet on a map using our free mobile and web app. We have added a Temperature Sensor, which now notifies you if your pet is in danger of overheating on a hot day or in freezing environments. Tagg also monitors their activity and fitness levels ensuring they stay active and healthy.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Whistle CEO - Your team really fell down on this transition. A great strategy but poor execution. I was one of the founding members of OnStar so I have some credibility in this business…so, here are my critical data points on this disaster you have brought to Tagg owners:
Root Cause -Too much emphasis on activity/social media (Whistle) and too little on location/tracking (Tagg). You selfishly left Tagg owners to deal with a user interface/user experience that is designed with that bias. Tagg owners care much less about activity and this is the essence of the problem. Most don't want a Facebook app!
Issues List from two hours exposure testing on the "new" Whistle app 10/6/15 PM:
1. The Android app crashes every time I use it with my S4 w/Android 5.0.1. Did you test across multiple phones and OS? At least the top 10. Perform any stress or load testing?
2. Website is inoperative. Wow. Great job again with testing.
3. For Tagg owners, the Map should come up immediately rather than buried one level deep in the UI picklist.
4. Battery icon is nearly invisible and is poorly designed. Make it larger. Why not % rather than days remaining? Any customer clinics??
5. I have two dogs. Initial screen should present critical data on both – battery life, current location, alerts.
6. No diagnostics. How do I know if I have a GPS issue or other. When in comm with base station I know I have WiFi if I get alerts, but that’s self-evident. Need some way for the user to do end to end system test.
7. Three minutes is far too long for alert update interval. This is a Tagg carry-over issue. I have two large dogs who will be a mile away (literally) in 3 mins. While there are limitations outside of Whistle’s control you need to work with Verizon and your GPS solution to improve response. Shoot for 1 minute max – stretch the team a bit would you!
8. Need to be able to select a network provider. This is a Tagg carry-over issue. I live in an area where Verizon’s data coverage RATs are 1x, 2G and barely 3G. ATT gets me 4G at all times of the day, albeit lousy voice quality but who cares. This is a big problem you need to solve for obvious reasons.
9. 10/7 - Your Call Center phone support is useless. I’m on hold at your CC now for two hours….as I write this. Dialed in after 10:00 AM EST on 10/6. Call drop at 12:42 EST, Dialing again. Automatically hangs up after an hour. Horrible experience.
10. The map results are outdated. Are you using the Goggle Maps API? The picture of my house is at least two years old and my street is not shown on normal view, only Satellite vies. With Google maps everything is current!
11. Can't get text alerts to multiple phones anymore as we did with the Tagg App. Yet service pricing did not go down for less SMS messaging.
So, for potential buyers, I would check these Amazon reviews before buying, wait until Whistle can get their act together. They ruined a great product.
Then the Whistle company, in their infinite wisdom switched to a new app on 10-6-2015. This app focuses on functions I do not care about (social media - it's now, in effect, a facebook for dogs) and the tracking DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL!!!
My boy (Triton) went wandering yesterday (10-6-2015) and I got notified he had left his home zone as usual. I started the tracking service and started out looking for him. 5 minutes went by with no GPS updates. 10 minutes went by, nothing. 15...Now I'm starting to get VERY concerned and frustrated.
The mapping service (the ONLY service that really cared about) is extremely cumbersome now and doesn't appear to, umm...WORK!
Called customer service and waited for 20 minutes without being able to speak to someone. No surprise there, as I expect they were flooded with calls expressing the same complaints I had.
I was lucky enough to find Triton - and it was luck and nothing to do with this tracker (thanks for nothing, Whistle) that I had come to rely on.
I will give them a few days to get this straightened out but then I will look for a solution from a company that cares about the safety of my pet more than creating a social media app for dogs.
They buried the main features for tracking, and instead forced social media down our throats. I'm sure your dog Rocky is wonderful, but I don't care about the last time Rocky took a dump! I need to know where MY DOG is running off to.
App no longer sends texts to MULTIPLE people... Only one family member. WTF. Why? No longer able to send text commands for tracking. Customer service hold time over 30 minutes and then just automatically hung up on! When I finally got through, Collin was a total A$$ wipe. Fire him please.... Many people complaining.
I paid for 2 years of TAGG service in advance. Now I'm stuck with this crap and terrible customer service. Did I mention FIRE COLLIN PLEASE?! He actually tried to get me to upgrade to new Whistle unit. I just got the Tagg 2 months ago. Send me a free one bozo.
Yesterday, I took my TAGG (now whistle) for a ride in my car. Got all the way to work.... 30 minutes and 21 miles (as the crow flies). Not a peep from Whistle that my dog got out for another 40 minutes.
1. The app is unusable for people that want a GPS collar.
2. You cannot change your payment information via the app.
3. Phone support is around 40 minutes right now. It is terrible.
Tagg was simple and accomplished the function it was purchased to solve. I have been a customer close to two years. Whistle has ruined a long relationship.