|Print List Price:||$14.54|
Save $13.55 (93%)
Tails of the Apocalypse Kindle Edition
|Length: 407 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Books with Buzz
Profoundly intimate and powerfully inventive, "Exit West" tells an unforgettable story of love, loyalty, and courage that is both completely of our time and for all time. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Each story is astounding in its own way but my personal favorites include "The Water Finder's Shadow" by David Bruns, "The Bear's Child" By Harlow C. Fallon, "Unconditional" by Chris Pourteau and, since I am an incurable cat person, "The Poetry of Santiago" by Jennifer Ellis. This one was particularly poignant to me, not only for its superb telling of an elderly feline desperately trying to save his equally aged human friend from the impending volcanic disaster, but also because I happened to be reading it while on a Mediterranean cruise, sailing past Etna, Stromboli and Vesuvius at the time.
This is a gem of a collection, heart-rending at times but also full of hope. If the Apocalypse does find us, it will be the treasured animal companions that survive with us that will hopefully make life bearable and perhaps even worth living in the aftermath.
In any anthology, there are usually a couple of great stories, and the remaining selections I like, or not, to different degrees. In this case, I enjoyed every story in the book. I can’t pick a favorite, or even two or three of them. There’s a couple I wouldn’t read a second time, but none of them that I would rate less than four stars. All of them are well done and entertaining. The authors took care to make the animals the stars of their stories, and the result is a book any animal lover can enjoy. Excellent reading for everyone.
As I read the various short stories in this collection, I was motivated to buy the longer fiction by many of the writers. This isn't usually the case for me, so it speaks highly of the quality of writers and the stories they have shared in this amazing collection.
May I suggest "Tails of the Apocalypse" as edited by Chris Porteau?
This is a magnificent volume. There is a specialness here that one does not often encounter, in both the stories and the tome's formatting. A synpopsis of each story opens the book. I defy anyone to read the explanatory paragraph, for example, to "When You Open The Cages for Those Who Can't" by Edward W. Robertson, without being moved to read it. Or, "Demon and Emily," by Daniel Adams. Thing is, in this extensive collection of short stories, each is of equal quality. Most importantly, each has something to "say" about the state of the world, as seen through unique perspectives.
Publisher Todd Barselow's Auspicious Apparatus Press should be lauded for presenting something different, and flat-out good. A commendable effort all around.
Personally, Michael Bunker, Nick Cole, Hank Garner, E.E. Giorgi & Chris Pourteau's blew me away!
But, I would highlight Stefan Bolz's short story Protector as being my favorite of the whole collection ! Unbelievable emotional, very special & tearful. (Watch out folks!)
I highly & wholly recommend this book to everyone and thank Chris Pourteau for the huge effort he has put into making this project reach its goal!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Anthologies & Literature Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult