- File Size: 167 KB
- Print Length: 30 pages
- Publication Date: September 25, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009H68UBE
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#94,379 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #46 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership
- #64 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Teams
- #71 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
Take the Lid Off Your Church: 6 Steps to Building a Healthy Senior Leadership Team Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Probably most of us reading this would agree with Tony's assessment that the Senior Leadership Team is one of the most important factors in a church's growth & health, but I'd be the first to admit I haven't know how to insure the right people were on that team or that the team was functioning for optimal results. This eBook gives you the tools to solve both issues.
This may be the best $3 & 30-minute investment you'll ever make in your ministry!
The beauty of "Take The Lid Off" is its simplicity. How many leadership books have I read and thought - that was the best advice that I'll never be able to use. So many times the scale of context is just to vast. Not with this book. No matter the context - big or small, rich or poor - these common-sense (not so common?) principles will help any leadership team. It can be applied for those that are full-time or part-time, paid or volunteer. I like that Tony started with principles instead of stories of huge success or failures.
This book will not clarify your vision or stretch your leaders in their walk with Jesus. It will force your senior leadership to look critically at the "leadership culture" that is present in your church. So many times it is not the theology of a church that is unhealthy. It's the culture of leadership. That's where this book really helps.
Some nuggets from Tony:
Who is on your senior leadership team will shape every other decision.
When it's a team rather than an individual, it leads to a healthier organization.
The senior leadership team needs to model what "healthy" team-based ministry looks like.
What I found most helpful in the book were Tony's 7 questions to identify who should be on the senior leadership team. In fact, in our search for our new hire and in our upcoming Church Council application, I'm going to immediately start asking these questions.
Do they have leadership gifts?
Are they big-picture thinkers?
Are they strategic thinkers?Read more ›
The book also provides clear ways of assessing the team (and individual leaders) and suggestions for moving ahead. The discussion guide included at the end brings the material to your context and team in a practical way.
If you find this book as useful and thought-provoking as I did, I'd encourage you to look at Tony's other short works on leadership. Their brevity - and this one as well - is no indicator of their usefulness and applicability. Once you've read this one you will want to go farther and deeper.
So what are the critical things that the senior leadership team needs to do? The author suggests that there are seven roles which should not be delegated:
* Modelling team-based ministry
* Selecting and applying strategies to accomplish the vision
* Leading staff and volunteers
* Making sure people are focused on the vision and aligned with organisational priorities
* Identifying threats and opportunities for the church, and responding to them
* Facilitating communications within the church
* Monitoring the church's health and taking appropriate corrective action
The book describes how you can identify who should be on the senior leadership team, strategies which can be used to empower leaders, traps to avoid when selecting leaders for the team, and actions which you can take and tough conversations which you should have in order to improve the effectiveness of your team.
This is a short book, written in a concise manner, and capable of being read in about half an hour, but it contains a lot of helpful advice on a topic which is often not given sufficient attention. All too often church leaders evaluate the performance of others but fail to consider how effective they themselves might be. The book ends with a number of discussion questions which should stimulate several hours of vigorous debate for any church leadership team.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very specific so it does not have what we are looking for.
We were looking for a more detailed manual, perhaps we need to go to the author for assistance
This Ebook is packed with wisdom for any senior leadership team. Tony asks great questions and poses great criteria to help propel high level church leaders to be the best they can... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Rick Frost
This book helps all leaders in ministry take the guess work out of staffing. Take a leap of faith and get out of the business of keeping staff that do not want keep the church!Published 16 months ago by T Lawrence
Great book...with great practical information on revitalizing your church through the leadership team.Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer
Tony does a good job of capturing the essentials of leadership teams. A good leader will dig in and find the gold.Published on July 28, 2014 by Estevan B. Trujillo
A book of direct impact. Very practical. As a Pastor, I commit to implementing the principles found in this book.Published on June 19, 2014 by Renelle
When leadership is limiting its vital to have practical steps to lift off whatever is preventing growth. Read morePublished on May 27, 2014 by Andy Ransdell
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Teams
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership