Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 513 reviews
on September 19, 2016
This album is great! Downloaded to Windows Media Player and three tracks couldn't be burnt to cd, this seems to be a frequent problem with albums I buy from Amazon...? Needless to say I give the music 5 stars, but not 5 stars for Amazon mp3 purchase/download
on November 28, 2003
Every since the album "Issues" was released, I've been waiting for Korn to return to the style they used on their first three albums. "Untouchables" was an improvement over "Issues", but not what I was hoping for. Now we have "Take A Look In The Mirror", an album that seems to incorporate the styles of all the past Korn albums into one album. Jonathan has kept his "Untouchables" style of singing on this album, but I like his old style so much better. He does scream more and with a lot more emotion on this album, which is a welcome return. He also uses the much missed bagpipes on this album.
It sounds like Korn has reused some of their past musical samples on this album, which I think should be a no-no; we don't want to hear stuff we've already heard on the past albums. Make NEW stuff. Please. In the song Break Some Off, I hear obvious reuse of a sample that was used on "Issues"; I can't tell you which song it's from, since the songs from Issues are less than memorable to me. And in the song "When Will This End" I hear a reuse of an old guitar lick all the way back from a song off of their first or second album (again, not sure which song). Did they think we would just forget about the old songs and not notice?... (or did they forget themselves?)
Now for some more good aspects of this album. The bouncy feel in songs like "Y'all Want A Single" is great and was missing on the last few albums. It is a big part of what made Korn who they were, and they shouldn't have strayed from what got them attention in the first place. And the inclusion of Nas in the song "Play Me" is great because guest collaborations have always worked out well on their songs on past albums.
One last disappointment though. I knew that the cover of Metallica's "One" was going to be on this album, but I was disappointed to find that it is a live version, and not made in the studio.
on August 26, 2013
I'm a big Korn fan, and this is my favorite album by them. It has a lot of really strong songs, plus it was the last album with Head. 4/5 stars because, let's be honest, all of the songs sound the same. The good songs are good, the other songs are enjoyable, but they really do all sound the same. Don't let that keep you from buying it though. A good album for new Korn fans.
on January 14, 2017
Awesome band! Received before Christmas.
on June 18, 2013
I put this CD in my car and play it on repeat for days on end.
I believe Korn made a masterpiece here
on December 15, 2013
This Korn album is aggressive lyrically, sonically, and vocally. This album marked the departure of Head from the band for a number of years. When listening to this album expect to hear sonic throwbacks to previous Korn albums, which are entirely welcome.
on February 11, 2015
the best condition album ive ever had
on February 4, 2016
Just listened to it yesterday. Love it.
on February 10, 2012
"Take a Look In the Mirror" has been criticized a lot. Some people have said that Korn sold out and went back to their debut album's sound to regain some of the fans that they had supposedly lost. That is not true; when I popped this in, I could feel the anger and the frustration pouring through Jonathan Davis and the band plays harder because it matches the mood. I personally think they played harder songs this time because of the upcoming departure of their guitarist and that shook them all up. This also bears a LITTLE bit of resemblance to their debut but their style is still evolving even when they're playing heavier music.

1. Right Now- 5/5
2. Break Some Off- 5/5 (this one really reminds me of the old sound)
3. Counting on Me- 5/5
4. Here It Comes Again- 5/5
5. Deep Inside- 5/5
6. Did My Time- 5/5 (one of my favorites on here)
7. Everything I've Known- 5/5
8. Play Me- 3.5/5 (Nas and Korn's individual parts are great but they dont mix easy)
9. Alive- 4/5 (another song that reminds me of the old sound)
10. Let's Do This Now- 5/5
11. I'm Done- 5/5 (This one has to grow on you, at least in my case)
12. Y'all Want a Single- 5/5 (a lame title actually turns out to be a pretty good song)
13. When Will This End- 5/5

Korn has made better albums but this is definitely worth 5 stars. They set the bar really high originally and almost match it with everything they put out.

Buy this if you liked either "debut self titled" or "Follow the Leader"
on May 31, 2015
Outstanding service and quality product. Everything as advertised and promised.