- Hardcover: 128 pages
- Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal (September 4, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1579121128
- ISBN-13: 978-1579121129
- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 0.6 x 13.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 37 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,886,413 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.14 shipping
+ $7.46 shipping
Take Me Out to the Ballpark: An Illustrated Guide to Baseball Parks Past & Present Hardcover – September 4, 2000
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
A valuable and welcome companion
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLPARK celebrates the glory in the buildings and grounds where America's game has been played. -- New York Daily News
No doubt the best baseball book of the yeara spectacular gathering of photos, statistics, reminiscences, facts and folklore. -- PARADE Magazine
From the Back Cover
Virtually every stadium that has ever hosted a professional game is here and brought to life through detailed retelling of its history and construction, stories of the famous players who called it home, and accounts of the incredible events that have taken place on the field. Discussions of the peculiar variations among each ballpark's playing field - a trait unique to baseball among professional sports - examine what makes each park different and demonstrate how sometimes even the slightest variation can have a monumental effect on a game's outcome.
- Every stadium is displayed in huge full-color photographs and illustrations - over 250 in all - including every current Major League stadium, important minor league parks, famous negro league fields and notable stadiums from baseball's past.
- Each feature is crammed with the statistics baseball fans love - who got the park's first hit, total cost of construction, what date saw the biggest crowd, numbers of balls that have make it over the fences, and much more.
- Legends of all the famous athletes and their spectacular achievements, along with fun stories of unusual incidents and incredible occurrences, uncover the singular "personality" that makes each park unique.
- Special sections explore all the things that make a trip to the ballpark a one-of-a-kind experience, from hot dogs to Cracker Jacks, announcers to organists, scoreboards to mascots.
Covers every current major league park, including:
Shea Stadium - Fenway Park - Wrigley Field - Dodger Stadium - Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Yankee Stadium - Coors Field - The Skydome - The Ballpark in Arlington - Busch Stadium - Jacobs Field - and many more!
Historical features on bygone classics from baseball's past:
Ebbets Field - The Polo Grounds - Tiger Stadium - Comisky Park - The Astrodome - Forbes Field - League Parks, food at the park, the evolution of night baseball, and much, much more!
Plus region-by-region examinations of minor league parks and fields from the negro leagues, and fun features on the history of ballparks, food at the park, the evolution of night baseball, and much, much more!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had seen this bookpreviously and liked itvery much.