Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on June 16, 2016
Over the last week, I have read 4 books by this author. All of the books were extremely well written, kept my attention, were exciting, funny at times, interesting, and full of twists. I would recommend if you are looking forward to a quiet weekend, pick up any one of S. W. Hubbard's books to read and you will not be disappointed.
on May 23, 2015
So far I have really enjoyed everything this author has written. I have also read The Lure, the second in this series and it's just as good as Take The Bait.

Frank Bennett is the police chief of a small Adirondack town, having moved after making a rather large mistake at his old job. He didn't want to retire and figured small town policing would be uneventful and laid back. He finds out in a hurry that his ideas about that were very wrong.

The characters in this book were a fun mix of the types of people every town has. Even the people that weren't very easy to like were wholly fleshed out and very real seeming. I could easily picture them all in my head.

If you like a good, fast paced and interesting mystery, definitely read this book! I can also highly recommend this author's Palmyrton Estate Sale Mystery series. I've read all of those and really like them.
on October 30, 2015
This is a good solid start to an enjoyable series. The author has a very good writing style and will help you expand your vocabulary. I read all the time but I stopped several times to see what the definition was to some words. The story was interesting in that you find out things as the police chief Frank Bennett finds them out. I was speculating on several things. Good read!
on March 22, 2017
Really enjoyed reading this book. Not my usual genre but was good. Guess I will have to buy book two now :)
on March 24, 2013
I just tripped over this author while trolling the Kindle Store, and found the trilogy of this and 2 other Adirondack Mysteries she has written, plus one other novel, Another Man's Treasure. Have enjoyed all of them thoroughly - well written, and to be honest, I had a hard time putting them down. Wish she would write more of the mystery series!! I am a fan of Sanford, Crais, Child et al, and she holds her own against them. In keeping with the small town atmosphere of her series, some characters show up in all the books, so it's good to read them in order, but not necessary. She only makes minor reference to a previous 'matter' the protagonist solved in the ensuing books, but the backstory on the 'hero' Frank Bennett is nice to know from the start. Not sure why she stopped writing them and went a different direction, but I'll take whatever she writes, gladly!
on June 28, 2015
What makes a good mystery? Well an ending that you may suspect but you can't tie up all the loose ends until the very end of the book. Characters that are truly characters, the main character who is quite relatable and throw in some good chuckles also. This is the 4th book of this author that I have read and I've enjoyed them all. I just bought the 3rd book in this series to read tonight. Frank Bennett a small town cop in upstate New York investigates the disappearance of a local girl. Good read!!!!!
on January 19, 2017
I throughly enjoyed this book. I read it because I had listened to an audio book by sw Hubbard and really enjoyed it. Both were super.
on June 28, 2015
Loved this book! I will definitely be reading the rest of the series! The book was well thought out. There were a lot of clues which led to many possibilities but I didn't see the end coming. The book was non-stop with no parts that slowed the plot down. The characters were easy to relate to. I felt you could really get to know them and get a feel of their personalities. Over all, it was an outstanding book with an intriguing plot.
on July 18, 2017
Kept me reading and reading and reading! I love the Frank Bennett stories.
on December 27, 2015
The NYS Thruway runs from NYC to Albany, then turns to Buffalo. The highway north of Albany is called the Northway, as it was added later. There are almost no unknown caves, any local would all be well aware if they existed in their area. Lastly, local townspeople are portrayed one dimensionally, unlike the diverse mix that they are. Combined with the obtuse description of the protagonist, will probably skip subsequent efforts.