Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker, 1-Quart, Black” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 49% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker, 1-Quart, Black
|Price:||$18.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$6.00 (24%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Makes 4 servings of coffee (1 Quart)
- Use with coffee grinds
- Airtight, leakproof lid locks in freshness and flavor
- Fits in most refrigerator doors
- Dishwasher safe; BPA free
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Cold Brew Coffee Instructions
Add 14-16 tablespoons of your favorite medium roast, coarsely ground coffee to the infuser, then twist into lid.
Add 32 ounces of cold, filtered water to the TAKEYA pitcher, fill 3/4 full, then lower infuser into water.
Seal lid airtight, shake well and store in refrigerator overnight or up to 36 hours to cold brew. Occasionally twist open and swirl infuser. Remove infuser when brewing is complete. The result will be a brew of concentrated coffee.
Serve Hot or Cold
Hot Coffee - mix 1 part coffee concentrate with 2 parts boiling water. If desired add sweetener and creamer of your choice.
Iced Coffee - simply pour coffee concentrate and add milk or soy over ice.
Compare to similar items
This item Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker, 1-Quart, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Coffee Gator||Coffee Panda||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Seikei|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 5 x 9.5 in||5.5 x 5.5 x 6.5 in||6.5 x 4 x 10.5 in||4.3 x 7.5 x 11.7 in||6 x 3.75 x 12 in||4 x 7 x 10.5 in|
Taste the difference with TAKEYA's Cold Brew Coffee Maker. The traditional hot brewing process releases undesirable acids and oils, resulting in bitter flavor and acidity that is intolerable to many. With cold brewing, only the naturally delicious coffee flavors are extracted, leaving behind the bitter oils and fatty acids, creating a perfectly balanced, smooth extraction of concentrated coffee. Once brewed, concentrated coffee can be kept fresh in the TAKEYA airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker for up to 2 weeks and used for both hot and iced coffees.
Top Customer Reviews
extremely easy to use and clean. Like it's ridiculously easy.
Sturdy product, I intentionally tossed it while empty and full just to "test it" doesn't leak and didn't break.
Low capacity of fluid.
So for anyone new to cold brew use this, I highly advise it. Use it as you wish... However...
What I do is:
Brew coffee for about 20-30h.
Pour coffee into large container.
Mix milk, creamer, and flavouring into container.
Drink it all in one go cause it's so delicious... Kidding. It last me a day or two. But I drink a lot of coffee.
Now, remember cold brew coffee is extremely potent. (I'm a chemist... Trust me)
It is way more smooth and while I haven't tested the caffine content it seems higher, or maybe that's cause I drink more.
Now, again I remind you it's potent. Add about 1:4 water to coffee and when done brewing dilute coffee with regular coffee, milk, or whatever.
Highly advise using cold brew in place of hot coffee on all occasions.
Heat it up if ya want hot coffee. It's still great.
Couple things I noticed that may help you out.
1) Use good quality medium to dark roast.
2) Fill the coffee filter all the way with coarse ground coffee.
3) Use filtered water.
4) Let the water coffee mixture sit out for the first few hours, preferably in the sun, before placing it in the fridge.
5) Let the coffee brew at least 20 hours, anything less will be watery and not great
1. Once you get the hang of it, amazing coffee results.
2. Very quick to prepare, easy to use, and easy to clean
3. The carafe fits in my fridge door
1. As some reviews point out, even with a coarse grind, there may still be some coffee grounds in the coffee.
2. The spout is finicky, and if it is not aimed just right coffee will end up on your counter when you pour.
3. You can only make 32oz at a time (which on the other hand always ensures that you have relatively fresh coffee)
One thing to note is that you should definitely be careful when grinding your coffee for this filter. I like grinding whole bean coffee and if you grind it too fine, the grinds will go through the filter. I give it a rough ground and it seems to stay in place just fine. Overall, if you're looking to make some really good cold coffee, this is a great filter to consider. It's simple to use and it filters out the coffee very well.