Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker, 1-Quart, Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $7.04. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$6.00 (24%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Makes 4 servings of coffee (1 Quart)
- Use with coffee grinds
- Airtight, leakproof lid locks in freshness and flavor
- Fits in most refrigerator doors
- Dishwasher safe; BPA free
- Material: Plastic
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Cold Brew Coffee Instructions
Add 14-16 tablespoons of your favorite medium roast, coarsely ground coffee to the infuser, then twist into lid.
Add 32 ounces of cold, filtered water to the TAKEYA pitcher, fill 3/4 full, then lower infuser into water.
Seal lid airtight, shake well and store in refrigerator overnight or up to 36 hours to cold brew. Occasionally twist open and swirl infuser. Remove infuser when brewing is complete. The result will be a brew of concentrated coffee.
Serve Hot or Cold
Hot Coffee - mix 1 part coffee concentrate with 2 parts boiling water. If desired add sweetener and creamer of your choice.
Iced Coffee - simply pour coffee concentrate and add milk or soy over ice.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Coffee Panda||Cusinium||Amazon.com||Muspi||Coffee Panda|
|Color||Black||Black||Clear||Cold Brew Coffee Maker||Silver||Black|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 5 x 9.5 in||6.5 x 4 x 10.5 in||4.13 x 5.51 x 8.62 in||9.53 x 9.53 x 14.72 in||5.7 x 5.7 x 10 in||10.8 x 4.9 x 6.5 in|
|Material Type||Plastic||Glass||Borosilicate Glass, Stainless Steel, Food-Grade BPA-free Silicone||Plastic/Glass||Borosilicate Glass, Stainless Steel||Glass, 304 Stainless Steel, Plastic, Silicon Base|
Taste the difference with TAKEYA's Cold Brew Coffee Maker. The traditional hot brewing process releases undesirable acids and oils, resulting in bitter flavor and acidity that is intolerable to many. With cold brewing, only the naturally delicious coffee flavors are extracted, leaving behind the bitter oils and fatty acids, creating a perfectly balanced, smooth extraction of concentrated coffee. Once brewed, concentrated coffee can be kept fresh in the TAKEYA airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker for up to 2 weeks and used for both hot and iced coffees.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
extremely easy to use and clean. Like it's ridiculously easy.
Sturdy product, I intentionally tossed it while empty and full just to "test it" doesn't leak and didn't break.
Low capacity of fluid.
So for anyone new to cold brew use this, I highly advise it. Use it as you wish... However...
What I do is:
Brew coffee for about 20-30h.
Pour coffee into large container.
Mix milk, creamer, and flavouring into container.
Drink it all in one go cause it's so delicious... Kidding. It last me a day or two. But I drink a lot of coffee.
Now, remember cold brew coffee is extremely potent. (I'm a chemist... Trust me)
It is way more smooth and while I haven't tested the caffine content it seems higher, or maybe that's cause I drink more.
Now, again I remind you it's potent. Add about 1:4 water to coffee and when done brewing dilute coffee with regular coffee, milk, or whatever.
Highly advise using cold brew in place of hot coffee on all occasions.
Heat it up if ya want hot coffee. It's still great.
Couple things I noticed that may help you out.
1) Use good quality medium to dark roast.
2) Fill the coffee filter all the way with coarse ground coffee.
3) Use filtered water.
4) Let the water coffee mixture sit out for the first few hours, preferably in the sun, before placing it in the fridge.
5) Let the coffee brew at least 20 hours, anything less will be watery and not great
1. Once you get the hang of it, amazing coffee results.
2. Very quick to prepare, easy to use, and easy to clean
3. The carafe fits in my fridge door
1. As some reviews point out, even with a coarse grind, there may still be some coffee grounds in the coffee.
2. The spout is finicky, and if it is not aimed just right coffee will end up on your counter when you pour.
3. You can only make 32oz at a time (which on the other hand always ensures that you have relatively fresh coffee)