- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks; Revised, Updated edition (July 7, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062326031
- ISBN-13: 978-0062326034
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.4 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 481 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,876 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.55 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health Paperback – July 7, 2015
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“This beautifully written guide to a woman’s fertility signs is packed with knowledge, wisdom and humor—a must for the bookshelf.” (Co-authors of The New Our Bodies, Ourselves)
“Taking Charge of Your Fertility has become the Our Bodies, Ourselves for our time. Alternately silly, whimsical, and exhaustingly specific, the book was published fifteen years ago and is ranked higher by customers on Amazon than all other books except the third and fourth Harry Potters.” (New York magazine)
“Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a fantastic book, loaded with practical and beautifully presented information that will transform and empower every woman’s relationship with her fertility. I recommend it to women of all ages.” (Christiane Northrup, M.D., Author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause)
From the Back Cover
This new edition for the twentieth anniversary of the groundbreaking national bestseller provides all the information you need to monitor your menstrual cycle—along with updated information on the latest reproductive technologies
Are you unhappy with your current method of birth control? Or demoralized by your quest to have a baby? Do you experience confusing signs and symptoms at various times in your cycle? This invaluable resource provides the answers to your questions while giving you amazing insights into your body.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility has helped literally hundreds of thousands of women avoid pregnancy naturally, maximize their chances of getting pregnant, or simply gain better control of their gynecological and sexual health. Toni Weschler thoroughly explains the empowering Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), which in only a couple of minutes a day allows you to:
- Enjoy highly effective and scientifically proven birth control without chemicals or devices
- Maximize your chances of conception before you see a doctor or resort to invasive high-tech options
- Expedite your fertility treatment by quickly identifying impediments to pregnancy achievement
- Gain control and a true understanding of your gynecological and sexual health
This new edition includes:
- A fully revised and intuitive charting system
- A selection of personalized master charts for birth control, pregnancy achievement, breastfeeding, and menopause
- An expanded sixteen-page color insert that reflects the book’s most important concepts
- Six brand-new chapters on topics including balancing hormones naturally, preserving your future fertility, and three medical conditions all women should be aware of
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-5 of 481 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After trying practically all the low dose pills on the market and having horrific cystic acne with Mirena, my OB suggested I try getting off the pill to see if my headaches went away. I didn’t even mention my sexual dysfunction and anxiety out of shame.
So I got off the pill but needed some guidance. I hadn’t had a period in a looooooong time due to the pills. Okay I had periods sometimes but they were more like spotting. But still, I was lacking in knowledge about how to naturally control birth and naturally manage periods. I scoured the interwebs and found this book. Wow. Damn.
I didn’t know how body illiterate I was. This book empowered me as a woman. I now understand my body and feel comfortable with it. Something I never felt before.
When I quit the pill, all my lovely, luscious cervical fluids came flowing back to life-replenishing the desert that my vagina had become on the pill. TCOYF helped me understand these fluids and their purpose. I know use these fluids as indicators for when I need to be very careful about sex. I also better understood what was happening in my body while I was on the pill. Let me tell ya, it ain’t good.
This book also pointed me to Chinese medicine to help with menstrual problems like cramping and other PMS symptoms. Acupuncture literally cured the nightmare cramps I was having while on my period. Not to mention helped clear up my acne.
Also, this book has great sex tips!
This is a long review. If you’ve made it this far, I hope you buy this book. It’s the Bible for women.