|Print List Price:||$5.39|
Save $3.40 (63%)
Tales from the Canyons of the Damned: No. 8 Kindle Edition
|Length: 71 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Jessica West’s “The Disturbing Visions of Imogen Schexnider” – Imogen is a woman who was unable to have a child of her own and adopted an infant named Alice. But when Imogen starts thinking about bad things that could potentially happen to Alice, it’s only a mother being overly concerned for her child, right? A psychologically disturbing and twisted tale that gives you goosebumps because of the cold terror it incites in your mind. It also expertly plays on the deep fears every parent has and amplifies it to suspenseful effect.
Hank Garner’s “Crossroads II” – As we pick up from the first part of this serial, the reader wonders along with Charlie the truck driver what happened after he blacked out. Waking up in Weston General Hospital afterward, he doesn’t remember his experiences on the highway at all. What will Charlie discover as he slowly puts the pieces together? A slow building mystery that increases the tension, with a horrifying ending and a hook that makes you want to know more about what happens next.
Artie Cabrera’s “Diablo Del Mar: The Strange Tales of Christopher Columbus's Voyages” – When Columbus fails to find what he was seeking out on the ocean, he’s exiled by his patrons upon hearing his bizarre and unusual story. But when a member of a mysterious cult approaches him with an offer he can’t refuse, what is the price he must pay? Remarkably strange, off-kilter and just plain exciting, this tale has unpredictable twists, written with a distinct language and style that brings a refreshing you-are-there perspective to this engrossing story.
Daniel Arthur Smith’s “Back to Brooklyn” – After the power has gone out, Axel and his friends are trying to get to Brooklyn but the sight of so many dead bodies freaks them out. Something strange and ghastly happened out here but what? As we travel on this eerie trip with them through the city that’s shrouded by fog, dread develops with each step on their journey. And the startling ending makes you question what is going on here as you read it, causing me to look forward to the next installment of this continuing apocalyptic serial to get some answers.
The two continuing serials create an atmosphere that envelops you in them, inciting a desire to read more. The other two are standalone short stories that are completely immersive and draw you in with prose and strong storytelling skills that grip you until you see how it ends. Together, it’s all combined into one marvelous collection!
Please note I was given a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.
The Disturbing Visions of Imogen Schexnider: This is disturbingly tragic.
Crossroads 2: More Deep South saga.... Yes please!
Diablo Del Mar: A complete mix-up of genres and an unexpected enrichment to 'The Tales'.
Back to Brooklyn: What is going on here? Fog 'n' WW2 relics!! Whatever is happening to the Big Apple, I hope it's gonna continue for many, many episodes!
Jessica West, gives us that little extra creepy feeling in her short piece... Hank Garner, has proven that Weston is special, but the crossroads, man some places should be left alone. Artie Cabrera tells us an alternate history. And Daniel leaves us with a puzzle and a German u-boat... hummm...
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian