- File Size: 4544 KB
- Print Length: 41 pages
- Publication Date: March 29, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00JCHQWJK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,921,547 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Tales of Erana: Myths and Legends Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 41 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to Tales of Erana: Myths and Legends
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The exception is the first story, which I had a hard time getting into. It's great that Trolls were put in a role besides scary monster guarding a bridge. Yet I couldn't tell who was the focus of that first story, which led to me losing interest once or twice. This was also the story that had some very long, confusing sentences that I had to reread. All that being said I'm really glad I read through this one and I did get a sense of Erana's troll history that will probably play into the main series.
I would recommend this collection for anyone who enjoys fantasy, mythology, or just looking for a few quick, fun reads.
This book is exactly as billed in the title: a group of short myths and legends. It is a cool book.
What is so cool about it, you ask? Well, let me add a little color to the statement:
1. Each story is written differently, some in very different styles and feels, which demonstrates this author's incredible versatility.
2. There are very personal stories, and stories that are written with an almost biblical/mythical distance, which is both full of deep emotional meaning and cold, hard lessons of truth.
3. There are myth stories spoken in reverent voices that you might hear from a village wise-person or elder. They were distant and magical and personal.
4. In all cases the author's voice is lyrical and emotionally demanding.
5. There were strong female characters that aren't merely love-forlorn suckers - again, cool.
6. I have never seen Trolls portrayed this way (I'll leave it at that).
7. I could go on but I shall not--I am sure you get the point.
This is a short book, and very easy to read. You will be done before you know it, and wishing you weren't. For what it is--a book of Myths and Legends--I am awarding it 5-stars. I am looking forward to reading the novels!
If the author's intent was to tease me with this book, it worked. I have been lured into the world and I want more.
Rating: 5 stars
Beautifully written short tales of times where magic lived and god's and goddess existed.
The style of writing was easy to read, and had such a gentle flow to it; it really reminded me of tales from when I was a child. Yet each short story held a meaning and each one unique. The world building and the descriptions where so well written I could see everything so clearly.
The stories were not happy ever after, but a lesson to be learnt in all of them.
This is the first book I have read from this author, but now that I can see her style of writing I will definitely read more.
I would highly recommend this to all readers and lovers of paranormal, myths and fantasy. A short yet very enjoyable read.
Butcher masterfully crafted a fantastical world of magical creatures, mortals, and deities. The myths created had that authentic feel that you could imagine a grandmother or grandfather sitting by the fireplace, telling them to their grandchildren. I find myself intrigued with the world Butcher has created and am eagered to read more about it. I think I would appreciated it even more had I already read Butcher’s book series. But I guess starting with this book first and then reading the book series can give me a better understanding of the culture and why the characters make certain decisions.
All in all, the book was very entertaining and intriguing. The narrator Michael Legate has an excellent fairy tale-teller voice. He kept the stories flowing and the character changes were apparent. I am very excited to read Butcher’s book series!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories