Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Tales of Xillia 2 - PlayStation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 5% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Condition: Brand New
- Package Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The basic battle system is the same as the original Xillia, but its an improvement on the real-time battle formula without changing the game. The enemies now also have weapon weaknesses instead of just magic weakness. The game keeps battles interesting by constantly switching up the compositions of the groups of enemies you encounter, as well as the games difficulty and A.I being much better this time around, and this goes for the enemies as well as your team. The normal difficulty setting in Xilllia 2 is harder than the hard setting in the original Xillia, and players can expect the unlockable "Unknown Setting" to be even harder. Other new improvements over the original is the new weakness system that makes it possible to combo bosses without them always countering. Xillia 2 does not uses the Lilium Orb as before. This time around, new moves and skills are learned by equipping extractors.Read more ›
- Great and tragic story it's the darkest story in all tales games with Tales of Rebirth and the darkest in terms of the general atmosphere , i don't want to go in details but it's really dark in a good and sad way , really satisfying Tale .
- The characters eps are one of the best ideas in this game ! it's brilliant ! i wish every sequel do this because in the first game we knew these characters and their past but now with this method they goes even deeper and the game makes you feel the importance of the past cast and not just an addition to this game .
- Amazing soundtrack from the legend motoi sakuraba , remixes and new OST are present in this game and they are all awesome, especially Final boss theme and the rhythm of the proof .
- The first xillia had an amazing battle system with the link arts and the unique abilities of each character but this time around it's even better with the weakness system and now you can combo the bosses , and now two amazing character are new and they are amazing to play with .
- Silent Protagonist ..Read more ›
Good game for average player
Though Ludger himself is a silent protagonist, something that has been appearing less and less in console games within the past few years, dialogue choices appear that allow you to better shape his personality, though not to the extent of say, Mass Effect or even Persona 4. These choices occasionally change the events of the next few moments, sometimes extending upwards to even a good few minutes later, though the majority of them are mere shifts in how the dialogue flows.
The plotline is a bit convoluted and strange, sometimes hard to follow unless you think in unorthodox ways, though I never personally used it (i kinda forgot it was there) there is a synopsis function in the Library tab of the main menu, that allows you to check over the most recent plot events, written from the view of Ludger himself. as well, for those who jump straight into Xillia 2, there is a section of the Library tab, reserved for explaining plot details and character profiles of those whom appeared in the previous game.
Combat difficulty can be selected from the beginning of the game, and changed at any time. all this does truly is slightly alter enemy attack patterns, along with giving them more damage dealt to you, less taken, and more health.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The best game ever! This game is a master piece of pure art! Love the story, love the characters, I loved everything! I have no regrets getting the collector's edition.Published 5 hours ago by SherylAnn
Awesome game,♥‿♥ Slow at first but then heartbreaking. ;_;Published 1 month ago by Patricia Barnett-Pinott
Excellent. The story isn't convoluted like it could get with games that deal with time lines plot. Keep in mind this is not time traveling back and forth between past present or... Read morePublished 1 month ago by DaN100130
I bought this game a while back because it seemed very interesting. This was my very first game in the Tales series and I must confess that I spent countless hours playing it on my... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I know I'm late on the review but this game was fantastic. I teared up at the fact of meeting the cast from the previous game. This definitely did not disappoint. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Antoinette
The repetitive side-quests to get money for your loan are stupid. The pacing is not that bad and the artes are good, but I expected something on par of the original Tales of... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Salvador Pasquier
There wasn't a single thing I disliked about this game. Battle system had some minor improvements over Xillia(which was already great), storyline was great and not completely bland... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Owen M. Barnes