Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Talking Funny for Money: An Introduction to the Cartoon/Character/Looping Area of Voice-Overs Book with 2 CDs
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on August 25, 2006
This book has some great things on the included cd's, I found this more usefull than just reading becouse you can here how it should be done. This book also has a great glossery of industry terms that will help negotiate the terms of the field.
on July 4, 2012
I love reading, but when i can't read i love listening to books on CD as i drive. This is perfect for me. I spend 2 hours a week in a car might as well learn in those 2 hours. it's also helpful to understand how it sounds or the expected sound is suppose to be. best book on voice acting so far (mostly because the audio CDs with it).
on March 31, 2016
A must have for anyone interested in voice acting! I love this workshop! Having the CDs as well as the book puts this resource far above other similar books. The CDs add an extra level of instruction that just isn't possible with a book alone. The ability to actually hear how things should be done gives you the chance to learn at a deeper level than you otherwise could have. I know the book is a few years old now, but the information in it is timeless - it really doesn't matter in what year you're reading this review, the advice, exercises, and information in this book/cd set will definitely help you get started in your voice acting career. Whether you want to do this for a living, or you have another project you're working on that requires some voice work of your own, this is an excellent place to start.

I, for one, have already improved dramatically from my normally shy and nervous behavior when I step up to the mic. Now, I'm far more confident, and I can feel myself really getting into the characters and having so much fun. I've also noticed and huge improvement to the quality of my performances when I listen back over the recordings.

Certainly, experts in the field will already know most of the lessons in this set, but for everyone else I highly recommend it!
on November 20, 2009
Pamela Lewis to my knowledge is the only one to have a specialty book on this subject and it sets the high standard for others to follow should they dare to. Step-by-step easy-to-follow exercises combined with her years of success in the VO industry. The CD follows the book making the learning experience closest to interactive.
on July 3, 2015
Fabulous book. The CD's are extremely helpful. Being a newcomer, this has been extremely helpful in learning about both the business AND how to perfect your voice(s). I would recommend to anyone interested in voice acting or voice over work. Buy this.
on March 1, 2009
Know matter what kind of voice over work you are in or considering this book you defiantly would benefit from. I have researched many books on this topic and this one is by the far the best. If you can't afford classes or want an awesome review even taking classes with some new stuff this book defiantly has it. If you look at my other reviews I like never give 5 stars. So if you want a book on the subject this should be your top pick!
on May 30, 2011
This book gives you practical things you can do to develop different voices for your Portfolio of what you can do. I also recommend attending one of her Looping seminars etc.. She is awesome. Very friendly down to earth lady.
Michael Murphy
[...]
on October 24, 2010
I love this book with 2 very very nice and useful CD's. It do helps me to improve my voice range. The author is a great professionist!
on January 20, 2015
If you are an absolute beginner, this is a good start.

CDs were not included.
on September 1, 2008
Well done book on animation voice-over work. Had difficulty with disc two. Perhaps it can be packaged differenly but content is great.