Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on July 1, 2013
I am not sure how anyone can read this book. It's like it was organized by someone high on crack topics within a topic jump around with no apparent order. For example the second chapter "Talking about Puberty" has sub topics "Preparing for the Talk", "What you can Expect from this talk" (here she outlines the talk but doesn't follow the outline in the next few topics), "The Changing Body", Different Values, "Influence of the Media", "Pressure from Peers", Giving your Child the Big Picture", "Beginning with Bathing", "Different Perspectives", "What Kids Need to Know about Their Bodies", "Sex Can Be ... Fantastic!", and on and on. Beginning with bathing is a paragraph long and says nothing about why it is important to bathe. She then goes right into different perspectives talking about some cultures marry off kids as soon as they hit puberty, this section gets a full page. It seems she focuses on the stuff i could care less about. Give an outline of the things i should cover under the talk then give me the facts about why each subtopic is important. Give me some ideas about how to lead into the talk, maybe some role playing ideas, then signs to watch for, maybe ideas for following up, and move on to the next talk. I would move on to the next book.
on March 18, 2014
My daughter and I have only gotten through the first two talks, but we are both enjoying the format and the insights we are gaining to the subject matter and to each other. The authors present real life scenarios to focus their "talks" around and these scenarios are very effective in encouraging kids (my child, at least) to open up. I would recommend it to anyone looking to discuss important issues with their children. It will take time, however, so if you are looking for a quick means of conveying important information to your child this is not the resource for you. On the other hand, if you want to create a safe way to speak with your child and encourage their ability to discuss important issues with you, then this is a most valuable book.
on May 3, 2012
I wish my parents had a resource like this when I was young! This is an excellent go-to for parents like me looking for guidance on how to talk acceptably with our children about sex and, more importantly, everything surrounding sex. I love, Love, LOVE this book!!!!! I am telling all my friends about it!
on January 19, 2013
Thank you with all these hormonal teens the book came in handy especially with my 12 year old son who still a little embarrassed my talking about sex.
on March 1, 2010
I have had this book for years and my daughter continues to grow into it...

Kim
on November 9, 2009
this is a straight forward book, that could be put to use immediately.I needed to learn a good way to talk to my kids about sex.This book did not only help me educate my sons about this subject, but also has helped me judge relationships in anew perspective and explain it to my kids effectively..
on July 19, 2014
Very practical advice and good practice "scripts" for discussing difficult topics with your teens and preteens.
on January 8, 2015
purchased it for someone else. don't really know how the book was.
on April 30, 2015
Very good
on March 6, 2012
According to the reviews this book was very complete and had good material for our kids.
The book is too basic, it provides exhaustive recommendations on how to plan the conversations with your kids.
Unless you don't have any idea on how to start a normal conversation with your kids, then this book it would be
suitable for you, otherwise, this book spends more time on the preparation to the theme than giving advices on
current situations that are happening to our kids.