Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Tall guy needs elliptical machine advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2007 2:42:05 PM PST
Sally562 says:
My husband is 6'4" and we're looking to purchase an elliptical machine. He complains about both home and professional gym equipment not having enough reach for him. I am looking for advice regarding stride lengths, good/bad experiences by others who are vertically unchallenged, and also on options (which are "needed" and which are nice to have).

Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2007 1:18:37 AM PDT
a reviewer says:
My husband is about 6'3" and loves this machine. We have it in a room with vaulted ceilings, but I actually think it would work fine with any typical ceiling height. I considered buying the one for $200 more to get more options, but I am glad I didn't. This has everything we need--it is an awesome workout and very high quality/well built. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2007 9:11:57 AM PDT
http://www.fitness-equipment-source.com/elliptical-guide/elliptical-buyers.htm
I found this website to be extremely helpful. They have honest reviews and let you know if an elliptical won't work for you because of your height.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2009 10:05:14 PM PDT
Barbie says:
Which machine are you talking about. My son is 6' 4"" and needs a good quality machine that will hold his weight and height. Any thoughts?

Posted on Apr 19, 2009 4:16:05 PM PDT
Randy Stein says:
I am 6' tall and I am looking to buy the Schwinn 430 elliptical. The problem that I have is I have a low ceiling. I would like to know if anyone can tell me how much height that would be required for me the elliptical to fit in the room.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2011 8:06:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 8:07:46 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 6:02:01 AM PDT
Caitlin says:
I am a woman that is 6ft tall. My problem with ellipticals isn't that ceiling height, it's that most have strides too short for tall people. The only ones I've found that I like are the really expensive models at nice gyms. Has anyone found something comparable?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 5:07:33 AM PST
AubreyW says:
I am also 6ft tall and have the same problem. Did anyone ever reply to your question? Have you found an at-home elliptical model that works for you?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2013

Search Customer Discussions