Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

• Customer Reviews

on May 10, 2010
For as much as anyone can really like a trash bin, I really like this trash bin. Some other reviews compalined that it was too small; I think it's the perfect size for a car. It can easily hold 4 empty beverage containers and then some. What do you want, something so large that you can't get past it? Maybe a 55 gallon drum would suit you better.

And this thing will not tip over. The velcro on the bottom grabs my car's carpet firmly & will not let it slip loose. There is also a zippered weight compartment holding a bag of weight (probably sand) to give it very low ballast. You can even add more weight in the compartment if you want. Overall, this is the best car litter bag I've ever owned.
44 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2013
Nice design, fits well behind the console in my 2013 Highlander. The sides are a bit flimsy, but all I did was cut cardboard from the box the product was delivered in into a rectangle and slid it inside the liner (there's a zipper opening for the sandbag) and it was an easy fix. It stands perfectly now without really being any heavier or bulkier. The Velcro on the bottom doesn't really stick to the carpet so we'll have to see if the sandbag will keep it from sliding around. I placed a small 4 gallon trash bag inside and used a couple of binder clips to hold the bag in place. The lid still closes easily. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.
on June 26, 2007
Last year I purchased an SUV that has a console and no place to stash trash. With two boys, thier friends, and carpools this was not good. I searched department stores and auto parts stores for a weighted trash bin (that wouldn't tip over) and had no luck. Finally, I came across this product on Amazon. It is just what I wanted -- it is weighted AND has velcroe, so it stays put behind the console in a place where all vehicle occupants can easily dispose of trash. It is neat and clean looking. It's a bit small, but I keep it lined with an 8 gallon trash bag and empty it often.
on May 14, 2009
I've had this little trash bag in my car for probably 8 years. It has been very useful and never tips over. But it is small as people have said, and it's getting smaller all the time, because it compresses down since the sides don't hold it up (as another reviewer has mentioned). I have to say, I'm finally looking for a different style of trash can for my car.
on February 8, 2014
This litter bag is made of ballistic nylon and has Velcro patches to keep the top cover latched and also to help keep it in position on a carpeted car floor.

Straight out of the box It stood up and did not fold in on itself, nor did it fall over. Adding the weighted 'bean bag' into the zippered pouch on the underside makes it feel very substantial.

I placed it on the floor of my 2014 Ford Fusion and it is a perfect fit. I am quite pleased with it. I do not generate a lot of trash in my cars, usually just used Kleenex and maybe a wrapper or two from something small. And the occasional soda pop can. So this XL size is far more than I will most likely ever have a need for.
review image
on March 10, 2013
This large car trash bin is great except for the problem cited by others that it so easily folds in on itself. However, there's a simple, effective fix. You can access the space between the liner and the outside via the zipper for putting the weighted sandbag in. I measured the width of the bag and duct taped two Popsicle sticks together to make a brace. I then wound duct tape sticky side out around each end of the sticks and slid it up to the top of the bag between the liner and the exterior. I squeezed the bag material firmly from the outside so the duct tape adhered well. Voila!!! - my bag now stays open all the time. An even better fix would be to saw down a paint stirring stick for a stronger brace.
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2007
This mini-trash collector is great for small cars, like my 2007 Yaris! Very convenient and does not take up a lot of space.
on January 19, 2011
With a name like "XL" I expected this to be bigger when it first came. However, after having used it now for 6 months, it really holds a lot. It works perfectly in our minivan (fits right under the middle console table) and the weighted plus velcro on the bottom does a great job holding it in place. We never use the lid but it's nice to know its there in case we need it.
on April 27, 2011
Despite the rather passionately dismissive words of at least one reviewer--who apparently finds it ridiculous that someone might need a trash bag big enough for, you know, an entire family--I am going to come down on the "not big enough" side of the argument.

I'm going to venture a guess that those reviewers who think this bag has plenty of room are either single people or childless couples. If you're typically the only person in your car and you usually grab a Starbucks on the way to work, or you want a place to toss candy bar wrappers, gas receipts and trash from an occasional solo trip to McDonald's (provided you aren't a big eater), this bag is large enough that you will probably only need to empty it once every day or two. If, however, you are like me and you have a family of six (or even four) this bag isn't big enough for even one trip to Subway. At 10 x 6.5 x 9 inches it is really ridiculously tiny when you consider how much trash a bunch of kids on a road trip can produce. The XL designation, in my opinion, is somewhat misleading. If this is XL I can't imagine how tiny the S or even the M size bags must be. I guess maybe you could get a coffee cup in them, but not much else.

As for durability and quality, it seems to be very well made. It doesn't tip over, the material seems pretty good quality and I really like the fact that it has a lid to hide the unsightly garbage. I primarily gave it three stars because I think the manufacturer shouldn't be claiming "XL" size--I know I should really have looked at the specs before ordering, but in my mind XL means XL and I feel like I was a little mislead.

If you are generally the only person in your car, this bag is a good choice for you. For families, though, keep looking. Since this bag wasn't terribly expensive I will probably hang onto it to use in the front seat for those days I don't have my kids with me, but I'll be looking for something larger for the back seat.
55 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2012
I've tried a few different trash bins for my new car. This one is pretty good.

Pros:
- sand bag that can go in the bottom to anchor it down
- pocket in the front
- fairly spacious
- the right size for grocery bags as liners

Cons
- sides don't stand up as well as it says
- lid/cover is heavy and can cause the sides to sag inward even more
- sandbag is oddly shaped and when it's inside the bottom of the bin it causes the base to be uneven