Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2017
This is my second pair of Tamarac slippers. I got the first pair several years ago and wear them all the time. These are pretty rugged slippers that have stood up well to plenty of use, misuse and abuse. I will continue to use the old pair for the rough use and use the new ones around the house. These are very warm as well. The only thing that finally gave out on the old pair was the interior padding so they aren't as comfortable as the new ones anymore but they've been through the mill by getting wet in a basement flood, outdoors in the rain, stuff dripped on them etc. but they still show no sign of coming apart in any way.
on October 3, 2017
Careful, they run a bit small. I wear between a 9 or 9.5 depending on the shoe brand. I ordered the size 9 and they were uncomfortably too small. I returned the 9s and ordered an 11 just in case because I'd prefer these to be slightly too big than slightly too small. They're for comfort, after all.

UPDATE:

I completed the return and got the 11s and they are super comfy and fit perfect! I can't speak to durability yet, but so far, I am very happy with them.
on July 8, 2013
This is my second pair. I got three years out of my first pair & they did rather well on those snowy days out to the mail box but started to fall apart. They're ten dollars more now but I guess that's to be expected after three years.

I was concerned when I ordered this pair initially. First I received a pair that had been worn & fit too tight for the size I wear. I returned them & ordered a size larger, figuring they are making them smaller now. That was a mistake. At least I received a new pair but they were way too big. I had to exchange them for the size I ordered three years ago, which fit perfectly.

I finally got my brand new slippers in the proper size & they are as good as the first pair I bought.

One thing I don't understand though. They pride themselves as being family owned since the 1930's & seem to be proud of their American heritage, which they should be. Why are they made in China?

I would recommend them; just check them when you get them.
on July 11, 2017
I really like these shoes. I just ordered a replacement pair as I had worn my original pair out. I work at home and only put on 'real' shoes when I run out to the store, etc., and sometimes I just wear these slippers to the store. That means that I wear them 12-18 hours a day, every day. After 14 months, my original pair are getting pretty grotty but, as I've said, they got a *lot* of wear.

The shoes are pretty tight when I first get them and take a day or two to stretch out to a more comfortable fit.
on June 25, 2013
Just tried mine on today, and sadly I found that when I stood up in them, inside I could feel the whole outline of the edge of the rubber outsole where it attaches to the footbed, all around the perifery of the sole of my foot, even without walking.

The sole doesn't seem all that thick or durable either-so if you want to wear them outside quite a bit, it might not hold up in time. And for big people like me, it's just not comfortable without more support inside, and out-too flimsy a sole and not enough quality padding inside.

Besides that, the leather suede upper also didn't feel very durable-a bit too soft a feel (maybe too thin?) for real leather, though the label says it is. Not what I want in a suede upper, anyway.

I'll keep shopping though-LB Evans look good (Mens Max Scuff), and also Woolrich's (Men's Bourbon suede slip ons) might be OK. I will do another review of what I find that suits larger people like me, when I try the others.
on April 21, 2017
I've had these for about two years. Found them to be comfortable and warm. Perhaps a bit too warm in the peak of summer. I've not run into the quality issues that other people have had and I did wear them almost every day. After two years they are no longer as comfortable and the front does get uncomfortable if i stand in them for too long.

My feet are 10.5 so I ordered a 11 and that fit just fine.
on March 30, 2016
I don't like to give bad reviews, but in this case I can't say anything else. These shoes were not the size that they said they were. I wear a 13 and I swear these were a size 12 or maybe even an 11. The toe box was narrow and pinched by feet. They flopped so badly on my feet it was dangerous walking around the house because I would step right out of them, or worse partially step out of them and come down on an uneven footing. Not good.
3 helpful votes
on September 19, 2017
I bought a size larger and they fit but they are Very Uncomfortable to walk in, like walking barefoot. They are very warm with light socks and if just sitting, not bad.
These are not comfortable to walk in as there is no padding between the sole and the fluffy lining inside the slipper. Not worth the cost.
on October 9, 2017
They are nice looking and seem to be well constructed. My issue is this. I wear a 9.5 normally. I ordered these in a 10 and they were so tight across my arch that they were painful. Aside from that, they seem pretty good. I've returned them with no issue and will try to find a better fit for me.
on October 11, 2017
Normally wear a 10 to 10 1 /2 but this was too tight with the lining. Could have gone larger but slipper also is too warm for my hot feet. OTHERWISE a very nicely designed and make slipper that looks to be durable. Likely would be perfect for me if it had only a durable cloth lining.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.