Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,583 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,670 reviews
on August 26, 2017
I hesitated buying these because I didn't like the low back. Then I thought about what happens to slippers with a high back. I usually wind up having to reach down to pull the back out from under my feet. The low back makes it easier to slip into these. I don't know how I didn't think about that before. I have worn these inside and outside, but only in the summer so far and not when it was raining. They actually stay on my feet without socks on better than the last slippers I had stayed on when I wore socks. These feel more like shoes than they feel like flip flops. My last slippers were the reverse.
The lining is comfortable and helps to make a snug fit. It is thick enough to allow feet on the upper and lower ends of a size to slide in and have the lining conform to the foot.
on July 8, 2013
This is my second pair. I got three years out of my first pair & they did rather well on those snowy days out to the mail box but started to fall apart. They're ten dollars more now but I guess that's to be expected after three years.

I was concerned when I ordered this pair initially. First I received a pair that had been worn & fit too tight for the size I wear. I returned them & ordered a size larger, figuring they are making them smaller now. That was a mistake. At least I received a new pair but they were way too big. I had to exchange them for the size I ordered three years ago, which fit perfectly.

I finally got my brand new slippers in the proper size & they are as good as the first pair I bought.

One thing I don't understand though. They pride themselves as being family owned since the 1930's & seem to be proud of their American heritage, which they should be. Why are they made in China?

I would recommend them; just check them when you get them.
on July 11, 2017
I really like these shoes. I just ordered a replacement pair as I had worn my original pair out. I work at home and only put on 'real' shoes when I run out to the store, etc., and sometimes I just wear these slippers to the store. That means that I wear them 12-18 hours a day, every day. After 14 months, my original pair are getting pretty grotty but, as I've said, they got a *lot* of wear.

The shoes are pretty tight when I first get them and take a day or two to stretch out to a more comfortable fit.
on January 29, 2015
I've had a number of house shoes. The last pair I have owned were Sorel's which I liked a lot - really the best. Unfortunately, the soles fell a part after 2 years of use.
I purchased these as I was looking for a pair that wouldn't break the bank since I have never found a pair that lasts more than a couple years. The first pair I ordered I returned as they fit way too small. I typically wear a 10.5-11 so I ordered an 11. The 11s were way too small so I returned them for a size 12. I don't own anything over an 11 so this was bizaree. The 12s fit ok. I haven't thrown out the Sorels as they are still way more comfortable than these Tamaracs. I'm not going to return these, but I won't be buying a second pair. I have high arches which have never been an issue with house shoes but are with these. Not only is there no support, the heals have some weird circular rubber sole that not only I find uncomfortable - but they seem to over emphasis that there is no arch support. I think they would be a better more comfortable fit if they were just flats.

In summary - if your looking for a cheap pair of house shoes - these work. But I will be buying another pair in the future - probably sooner rather than later as they are are way down the list as far as comfort... in my opinion.
on April 21, 2017
I've had these for about two years. Found them to be comfortable and warm. Perhaps a bit too warm in the peak of summer. I've not run into the quality issues that other people have had and I did wear them almost every day. After two years they are no longer as comfortable and the front does get uncomfortable if i stand in them for too long.

My feet are 10.5 so I ordered a 11 and that fit just fine.
on November 13, 2015
Great House shoe

I've had a number of different house shoes over the years. Most don't survive more than a year or 2 tops. Most recently I purchased an expensive pair of Sorrels. The soles turned out to be cheap and fell apart after 18 months - very disappointing.

I bought these based on the reviews - thought I'd give them a try. I was not that optimistic as they were less expensive than most.
I've had these over 10+ months and they show no signes of degradation. Unlike other brands I've had with "real fur lining" these are actually very comfortable to wear without socks. To be honest, I now rarely ever wear socks as these breath nicely but also keep my feet warm (AND THEY DON"T STINK).

I would highly recommend these
on May 11, 2013
At first I loved these slippers. I got mine first week of November of 2012. I found that the synthetic "fur" inside will cook your feet on all but the absolute coldest nights- until you manage to tramp down the piling. Then the cooking is over, and they're just right (still warm for my feet during the warmer months, but hey, what do you want?). It was smooth sailing- comfortable, honest kick-around slippers. I love the grippy soles (a pet peeve of mine- I detest hard, slippery soles on slippers, which all but guarantee an eventual slip and a fall). And then it happened....

In mid-March, the sole on the right slipper came loose. Not all of the way loose, mind you- just from the back to about the middle of the shoe. A week later, the left shoe fell apart. Seems that the stitching which goes all the way 'round the outer sole is only there for looks- it doesn't actually fasten the upper to the lower: that's the job of glue. Yep, these are glued together- not stitched. What I thought was stitching- holding the upper and lower together- is nothing more than trickery. So, it looks as if my search for a good slipper with decent soles has yet to net a winner.

If you like to wear your slippers around the house like I do, unless you only plan to have them for 5-6 months before you replace them, don't bother with these.
on August 26, 2016
really REALLY loved them for first few months. but eventually realized that they are very difficult to clean. Seems like a washing machine would ruin these slippers. Had to soak the in a bucket with wash soap and agitate by hand which kind worked but the artificial wool inside seemed to hold lint and odor even after a hour long soak and scrub and wash. I dont ever remember having a odor problem in a slipper before like i did with these ones.I had to throw them away after a year of use which is not great value for 34 dollar slippers in my opinion.
on March 30, 2016
I don't like to give bad reviews, but in this case I can't say anything else. These shoes were not the size that they said they were. I wear a 13 and I swear these were a size 12 or maybe even an 11. The toe box was narrow and pinched by feet. They flopped so badly on my feet it was dangerous walking around the house because I would step right out of them, or worse partially step out of them and come down on an uneven footing. Not good.
on September 19, 2017
I bought a size larger and they fit but they are Very Uncomfortable to walk in, like walking barefoot. They are very warm with light socks and if just sitting, not bad.
These are not comfortable to walk in as there is no padding between the sole and the fluffy lining inside the slipper. Not worth the cost.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.