Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,564 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,647 reviews
on July 8, 2013
This is my second pair. I got three years out of my first pair & they did rather well on those snowy days out to the mail box but started to fall apart. They're ten dollars more now but I guess that's to be expected after three years.

I was concerned when I ordered this pair initially. First I received a pair that had been worn & fit too tight for the size I wear. I returned them & ordered a size larger, figuring they are making them smaller now. That was a mistake. At least I received a new pair but they were way too big. I had to exchange them for the size I ordered three years ago, which fit perfectly.

I finally got my brand new slippers in the proper size & they are as good as the first pair I bought.

One thing I don't understand though. They pride themselves as being family owned since the 1930's & seem to be proud of their American heritage, which they should be. Why are they made in China?

I would recommend them; just check them when you get them.
on July 11, 2017
I really like these shoes. I just ordered a replacement pair as I had worn my original pair out. I work at home and only put on 'real' shoes when I run out to the store, etc., and sometimes I just wear these slippers to the store. That means that I wear them 12-18 hours a day, every day. After 14 months, my original pair are getting pretty grotty but, as I've said, they got a *lot* of wear.

The shoes are pretty tight when I first get them and take a day or two to stretch out to a more comfortable fit.
on October 16, 2014
My "sole" interest in these slippers was for the "memory foam" insoles. Someone "forgot" to put it in them. The only substance between my feet and the rubber sole is the fake sheepskin. Maybe they sent the wrong ones, but since this is what I got, this is the rating they get. They also get the slippers back.
on January 29, 2015
I've had a number of house shoes. The last pair I have owned were Sorel's which I liked a lot - really the best. Unfortunately, the soles fell a part after 2 years of use.
I purchased these as I was looking for a pair that wouldn't break the bank since I have never found a pair that lasts more than a couple years. The first pair I ordered I returned as they fit way too small. I typically wear a 10.5-11 so I ordered an 11. The 11s were way too small so I returned them for a size 12. I don't own anything over an 11 so this was bizaree. The 12s fit ok. I haven't thrown out the Sorels as they are still way more comfortable than these Tamaracs. I'm not going to return these, but I won't be buying a second pair. I have high arches which have never been an issue with house shoes but are with these. Not only is there no support, the heals have some weird circular rubber sole that not only I find uncomfortable - but they seem to over emphasis that there is no arch support. I think they would be a better more comfortable fit if they were just flats.

In summary - if your looking for a cheap pair of house shoes - these work. But I will be buying another pair in the future - probably sooner rather than later as they are are way down the list as far as comfort... in my opinion.
UPDATE: Bought these in 2014 and as we start 2017...he STILL wears them daily!!!
These have been out on the deck in the rain, walked up to the mailbox, and on his feet constantly in the house on our hardwood floors! He basically takes them off to go to bed and when forced to wear nice shoes to the office! But, he says they are still just as comfy as ever! The first thing he does when he comes home is change clothes and throw these on! Yet, they still look good after all the wear and tear he's put them through!
So, I felt I had to add that after this many years, I'm shocked that I haven't had to replace them! He wears them with and without socks...all year round in Alabama! I'm thinking about getting a pair of Tamarac boot style slippers for the colder evenings we like to sit out on the deck and relax. I feel badly wearing Uggs that cover my ankles and he's just wearing socks and these. But, when I mentioned it, he said he's fine with these! Apparently, he's scared to be forced to wear anything else - ha!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I rarely write reviews for anything, but I'm making an exception because these slippers deserve some praise! Over a decade of marriage, I have bought so many pairs and various brands of slippers for my husband. However, we could never find a pair with much cushioning on the bottom, the soles were thin, and within 6 months they were done! He's 6' 3" tall and wears a size 12-12 1/2 which made it difficult to even find a pair large enough for him! I was excited to find this style of slipper by Tamarac but, living in Alabama with such a warm climate, I did worry that the interior lining of the slipper might be too warm for year round wear. I'm very happy to report that I was wrong! He works from home a few days a week and will take his laptop and iPad outside on the deck where it's quiet and work for hours, until the shade leaves and it gets close to noon when the sun is so intense, but still he wore these slippers out there everyday in Alabama's hot and humid summer with no complaints of them being too warm! I waited to write this review until now (because I bought them in May) just to make sure I could truthfully tell people not to worry about the inside lining being too warm! The slippers don't even have an odor, even with all that outside wear!! He doesn't really have sweaty feet, but his body does stay warm, to the point that I have learned to live in a house that's never warmer than 65-67 degrees! Also, our house has all hardwood floors which we love, but good slippers definitely help the avoid sore feet that walking barefoot can cause. Finding myself a pair of women's size 6 well cushioned slippers has always been easy, but I felt bad that finding good ones for him was close to impossible! These Tamarac slippers were PERFECT and provided so much cushioning and support that they even seemed to help pain he has in his knee from an old football injury...HUGE PLUS!!! He hates trying anything on, but I opened the package right when they arrived and asked him to take his slippers off, and see if the Tamarac slippers fit well. He put them on, moved around in them, said they fit great and walked right out of the kitchen in them leaving his old ones there in the floor! The old ones were in the trash the next day! We loved that the soles are thick enough to walk around outside with no problem. The tread on the soles gives him great traction that he can now easily walk up our steep driveway on trash days wearing these slippers, they're much better for that chore than when he's coming home from work wearing his nice dressy work shoes! I will definitely order more, if he ever wears these out! With how well they're holding up, even after going out in the rain with them on, I doubt I'll be needing another pair anytime soon!!! Great product, shipped quickly, perfect fit, happy husband...this is a no brainer purchase to me! Add in the fact that the price was SO much lower than other brands, like Ugg, that getting these for $39.95 was yet another bonus! Seeing how well made they are, how comfortable they are, and how much he has enjoyed them,I can definitely say that they exceeded both of our expectations! He would just say he has awesome slippers and that he won't wear any other kind from now on! Huge thanks to Tamarac and Amazon!!!
on April 21, 2017
I've had these for about two years. Found them to be comfortable and warm. Perhaps a bit too warm in the peak of summer. I've not run into the quality issues that other people have had and I did wear them almost every day. After two years they are no longer as comfortable and the front does get uncomfortable if i stand in them for too long.

My feet are 10.5 so I ordered a 11 and that fit just fine.
on November 13, 2015
Great House shoe

I've had a number of different house shoes over the years. Most don't survive more than a year or 2 tops. Most recently I purchased an expensive pair of Sorrels. The soles turned out to be cheap and fell apart after 18 months - very disappointing.

I bought these based on the reviews - thought I'd give them a try. I was not that optimistic as they were less expensive than most.
I've had these over 10+ months and they show no signes of degradation. Unlike other brands I've had with "real fur lining" these are actually very comfortable to wear without socks. To be honest, I now rarely ever wear socks as these breath nicely but also keep my feet warm (AND THEY DON"T STINK).

I would highly recommend these
on May 11, 2013
At first I loved these slippers. I got mine first week of November of 2012. I found that the synthetic "fur" inside will cook your feet on all but the absolute coldest nights- until you manage to tramp down the piling. Then the cooking is over, and they're just right (still warm for my feet during the warmer months, but hey, what do you want?). It was smooth sailing- comfortable, honest kick-around slippers. I love the grippy soles (a pet peeve of mine- I detest hard, slippery soles on slippers, which all but guarantee an eventual slip and a fall). And then it happened....

In mid-March, the sole on the right slipper came loose. Not all of the way loose, mind you- just from the back to about the middle of the shoe. A week later, the left shoe fell apart. Seems that the stitching which goes all the way 'round the outer sole is only there for looks- it doesn't actually fasten the upper to the lower: that's the job of glue. Yep, these are glued together- not stitched. What I thought was stitching- holding the upper and lower together- is nothing more than trickery. So, it looks as if my search for a good slipper with decent soles has yet to net a winner.

If you like to wear your slippers around the house like I do, unless you only plan to have them for 5-6 months before you replace them, don't bother with these.
on August 26, 2016
really REALLY loved them for first few months. but eventually realized that they are very difficult to clean. Seems like a washing machine would ruin these slippers. Had to soak the in a bucket with wash soap and agitate by hand which kind worked but the artificial wool inside seemed to hold lint and odor even after a hour long soak and scrub and wash. I dont ever remember having a odor problem in a slipper before like i did with these ones.I had to throw them away after a year of use which is not great value for 34 dollar slippers in my opinion.
on March 30, 2016
I don't like to give bad reviews, but in this case I can't say anything else. These shoes were not the size that they said they were. I wear a 13 and I swear these were a size 12 or maybe even an 11. The toe box was narrow and pinched by feet. They flopped so badly on my feet it was dangerous walking around the house because I would step right out of them, or worse partially step out of them and come down on an uneven footing. Not good.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.