Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 10, 2013
I wear a size 13 even though my feet measure 11.5 inches. NOTE: With this slipper, there is a little ridge on the back heel part which your foot will rest on when place on the feet. This is very annoying and uncomfortable. So order a size larger than what you normally wear. I ordered a 14 and feels much better.
on November 18, 2013
I have a size 7 foot. That is the smallest size these slippers are made in. So imagine my surprise when I read countless reviews that claimed that you had to order at least one size bigger. I have never had this "undersized" problem with shoes my entire life. But, I heeded the advice of Amazon customers and bought a size 8. I'm so glad I did.

Now I can provide detailed feedback on the claim of these shoes being "small". The claim is absolutely true for 2 reasons:

1) The tongue of the shoe is very narrow and will actually "push" your foot out of the slipper, due to it's narrowness. Be warned that you'll have to wear and/or stretch these slippers to make them fit comfortably. I've seen other reviewers updating a couple weeks later stating the slippers have loosened up a bit. I don't mind breaking them in as this means they will be snug for a long time after the break-in period. For me, that is actually ideal.

2) The shoe size is completely off by at least 1 size. This is verified. My size 7 foot fits perfectly shoved into the size 8 slipper. If I had bought a size 7, my heel would be hanging off the slipper, no question.

Persons with exceptionally large feet should look at 2 sizes bigger or a different product all together. The narrowness of the tongue may be a challenge for you.

Sizing aside, these are very warm, comfortable slippers, and the memory-foam padding is noticeably thick. It's not at all a bad slipper, but be advised of the smaller-than-expected-sizing and the narrow tongue.
on January 6, 2013
Received the product right on time, and when I opened the box and tried them on I found the other reviewers exactly right! These guys are NOT sized conventionally. I read the reports that ordering your shoe size would result in a slipper that was way too small. So I ordered a size larger. And they were STILL nearly too small! Be sure to go a size up or maybe two when ordering, if you like your slippers a little loose.

Otherwise, the slippers are quite nice, well made and warm. Just what I wanted. But remember to order UP!!!
on May 20, 2014
I received this product on the 17th of April 2014 and now it is May 20th 2014. Les than one month and the rubber side on the back of the left side is cracked and getting worse by the minute. I don't know what to do. I think I will throw it away. $35.00 for almost 30 days of use. A dollar a day is not bad for the Tamarac Slippers. I would never buy anything from this merchant. If I was not going on a trip I would send it back. Disappointing.
on January 7, 2014
I had high expectations for this slipper, but despite the great reviews that this slipper has received I am sad to say that in my experience it doesn't really live up to them. I like to be barefoot inside my slippers and maybe I'm alone in this, but it makes the problems that you'll see with this slipper a lot more apparent when you aren't wearing socks. I wear slippers/these about 2-3 hours a day, mostly at night, and mostly while just walking around the house before going to bed. I would have been very disappointed if I had spent more than $30 on these slippers, but this is just one of those situations that you get what you pay for.

Pros:
* Comfortable - at first

Cons:
* Wear down quickly - I have had these slippers for 2-3 months and am already experiencing the memory foam permanently contouring to my foot (compressing) and the internal material already has a very used feel to it.
* The sole of the shoe doesn't seem to be connected very well. I could feel a cushion of air between it and the memory foam for the first few weeks that I wore the slippers
* The interior lining that is under my foot has also disconnected from the memory foam and feels loose/bunched up
* it does run a size small, so get one larger than you normally would, even if you are a barefooter like me. - the length of the slipper is where you'll run across problems. I am a size 13 and ordered a 14, even this is almost too small.
on January 13, 2016
I'm writing this review in January of 2016. I bought these slippers in the fall of 2010. They are finally wearing out. I went back to Amazon to find them again and order a second pair and thought, "Oh, I should really post a review of these!" As you can imagine, I am extremely impressed with their durability.

The slippers run a little large and a little wide but then again, they are slippers. The rubber sole is very durable and thick enough that you can dart out to get the paper on a rainy day without fear. The interior is soft and warm. I think I definitely got well more than my money's worth. I highly recommend them.

One quick edit - After posting this, I saw a lot of reviews that stated these slippers run a little small. My experience with my pair is that they're about a size larger than my shoe size. I just wanted to point out that my pair are now over five years old. If my new pair run small, I'll edit this post to reflect that.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 8, 2014
First the good points. The slippers are made from high quality materials and are solid in construction. Excellent value! Style is appealing. Memory foam is wonderful, especially if you suffer from any form of ankle or leg pain (wife can have her hardwood floors, I now have a cushy padded carpet in every step). Soles are anti-maring and of ample thickness for light outdoor activity.
Now the OTHER points. These can be a little slippery on smooth, wet surfaces (a stealthily placed pet accident could leave you doing the splits if you're not careful...especially heel leading). The only other negative is the elastic sewn into the upper. Normally this would be transparent to the wearer BUT these slippers are designed to be comfortable, right? I mean, they went to all the trouble of using high grade materials, memory foam in the pads and soft lining...STOP...what was that last part...soft lining? "What's the point" of using soft lining if you're going to intentionally create transitions in the lining, exposing the rougher foam underlay in the process of integrating some elastic joints. The elastic may serve a function of keeping the slipper snug but only if you have an extremely high instep. Although these transitions were not a deal breaker for me and unnoticeable when wearing socks, it would have been 5 Stars if the liner was homogenous in nature. In conclusion, these slippers are still 10 times better than my old Macys Club Room pair, albeit at only a slightly higher price point. That being said, the thing about shoes and especially slippers, is that they have a very brief time to leave a good first impression, especially when it comes to comfort.

Update: 5/26/14
After wearing these every day for the last several months, I thought that I would freshen them up by removing the memory foam inserts and hand wash them. After thoroughly drying the inserts out and wearing the slippers for a few more weeks, the memory foam has lost all memory in the heel section.
on December 30, 2016
I would give this product 5 stars but we had to return the size 10 by it was too small and the back of the shoe was rubbing against the back of his foot so we ordered it in the size 11 and he is still having the same problem. He says that they are comfortable but I've noticed he has a blister on the back bottom of his foot where it has rubbed on his skin in just the few days that he has worn them. He only wears them for about 2-4 hrs a day when he wakes up and then when he gets home. His shoe size is 10.5 M and he could could probably go up to a size 12 but we will have to see how the size 11 works out for him over the next few weeks as he wears them in.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 26, 2015
I am diabetic with swollen feet. Slipper fits (a size larger), is fairly comfortable but expansion point at tongue of slipper rubbed a raw wound before I knew it. FOR A DIABETIC, THIS IS A NO, NO. Diabetic shoppers use caution!!!!!
on July 17, 2014
I am a size 12. I ordered a size 13 based on reviews, I should have definitely ordered the 12s. I would say they are about exactly one size too big... (sigh). My fault. I will order the correct size when the ones I have wear out.

The first thing I noticed was the large cushion that compressed when I put my foot into it. After about 20 minutes it started to form to my feet and they are so, so comfortable. The toes are gripped just enough to keep them from slipping off (give it a day if they seem tight, they will mold into your foot for maximum comfort), the material is very soft, the bottom is a material that is soft enough for inside, rugged enough to get the mail.

I know this sounds like a terribly written advert for these slippers, but they really are just well-made slippers that easily slide on and off, stay on your feet, and are COMFY. Definitely worth the little bit more $$ than you would pay for the cheapies.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.