|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$26.31 - $39.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Synthetic sole
- Plush-lined moccasin with decorative lace and indoor/outdoor sole
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
*Kick back and relax in this comfortable classic *Suede leather upper with moccasin-style stitching detail *Faux fur lining for cozy warmth *Cushioning Memory Foam footbed *Flexible, indoor/outdoor rubber-like sole *Available in whole sizes only, half sizes please order the next size up
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 2 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0171INEBA
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 10, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One thing worth mentioning right up-front - IF YOU HAVE WIDE FEET like me then you'll find that these are very narrow and will feel very tight when you first put them on. But I took a chance that they would stretch and sure enough, after wearing them around the house for just a few days they do indeed stretch enough to fit my feet comfortably.
They also seem to run a bit short on length compared to other similar footwear.
When I received mine I was worried that I'd have to return them and search for something else, but I took a chance and exchanged them for the next size up and it worked out fine. Exchanging for one size larger than I would normally wear took care of the length issue and then wearing them for several days took care of the width issue as they quickly stretched to fit width.
They do seem to have a strong synthetic scent right from the start which I'm hoping will fade in time. (One suggestion I received and will try is to sprinkle baking soda inside them and let them sit for a day or two without wearing them and then tamping the backing soda out before starting to wear them again).
As others have mentioned, the "laces" or "ties" do feel rigid and come undone. Unless you're a knot-wizard (clearly I'm not) it's very hard to figure out how to tie them back in place the way they were. It's not a normal tie / knot that is used, and so right now I have one moc that is tied perfect and the tie stays in place, while the other that I tried tying like a normal shoe just keeps coming undone. Annoying, but doesn't have much overall effect as far as wear and comfort for me.
Now, comparing them to the much more expensive LL Bean's I've had for a couple years:
- They are more snug than the LLB's , which is not a deal-breaker for me and they do stretch / loosen up a bit after some wear.
- The don't feel quite as soft as the LLB's - just slightly less luxurious feeling, but still fine and not a big deal
- The outer bottom / sole on these have a slightly stiffer / plastic feel , whereas the expensive LLB's outer sole is a distinguishably softer rubber. Again, not a big issue, but these do make more noise when walking around on linoleum or wood floors (which I only bring up because I'm up and around the house at odd hours when wife is sleeping so I have found myself trying to step a bit lighter in the kitchen late at night).
- The laces on these feel like a thick rigid fake naugahyde and difficult to re-tie, whereas the laces on my LLB's are softer more natural feeling, not quite as think and easier to re-tie to stay in place.
- Considering the price difference (at the time I purchased, these were $20 cheaper than the LLB's I'm comparing to) I think these stand up fairly well in comparison and are priced right.
OVERALL SUMMARY - Very good slipper mocs for the $25 - $35 (total) price range, plenty sturdy for indoor and outdoor wear, warm and comfy once broken-in. Only minor issues if we're being picky for sake of the review, but definitely a good value. If I was going to spend more than $35 then I'd go for a pair of LL Bean's instead, but for under $30 these are quite good!
I read reviews on a number of different brands, here on Amazon. This pair caught my eye. And, I noted in many of the reviews that these slippers truly DO have a GOOD Non-Slip Sole! (at least, that's what people said ;)
At this writing, I've been wearing these for about a week, nearly all day, every day (as I work from home).
* NO SLIPPING!! NONE. NADDA. ZIP!!
In fact, the soles have such good traction on them, that they don't move out from under my feet when I'm just sliding my foot in them while I'm standing on the hardwood floor. (No bending over to put these on? BONUS!)
* Extremely cushy and comfortable
* Very warm
* They stay on my feet as I walk
* Did I happen to mention NO FREAKIN' SLIPPING?!
None, really. I could say "Arch support", but what slipper do you know of that has arch supports in them?
I wear a size 9.5 in women's (US), so I ordered a Size 8 in these (men's US). They fit absolutely perfectly, right out of the box. :)
LOVE THESE, and definitely plan to purchase another pair as a Christmas gift for a couple people I know.
Second, the sole is a -1. As 14 is molded in the underside, the “W” is a little add-on sticker. But the sole is still only a 14R as my “wide foot” hangs over the outside edge of the slipper sole. Walking I feel the entire length “edge” of the outer sole under my foot. Not very comfortable at all. Causing the outside leather top partially under my foot on the floor when walking. I am sure this will promote premature wear. The person who decided this same sole mode has NO appreciation of the curse of wider feet.
I have previously skimped on cheaper slippers online but they always seemed to either wear down the lining too quickly or the stitching around the toe box would blow-out. After a winter of use these held up and are ready for a new season of use.
When ordering be aware that they do some a bit snug if you wear thick socks with them. You might want to go 1/2 a size larger.
However, for as great as they are, if your feet either sweat or smell I would not recommend these. For anyone else I would recommend in a heartbeat.